Follow

New Guardians

Team » New Guardians appears in 72 issues.

A team consisting of representatives from all 7 lantern corps: Green (Will), Blue (Hope), Red (Rage), Orange (Avarice), Yellow (Fear), Violet (Love), and the Indigo Tribe (Compassion). The unification of these corps is necessary to destroy Black Lanterns.

Can we get a name change?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
    Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Are you serious? Rainbow Rodeo? We couldn't use the New Guardians tag, or merge this info w/ the pre-existing, and quite dead New Guardians page we already have? 

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AtPhantom

I don't see the point of merging it with the New Guardians page since the two teams have not a single thing in common. And I'm not sure the new Guardians would be a more appropriate name either since the only place we've seen that name was on a single cover. But yeah, I don't like the name either.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @AtPhantom said:
    " I don't see the point of merging it with the New Guardians page since the two teams have not a single thing in common. And I'm not sure the new Guardians would be a more appropriate name either since the only place we've seen that name was on a single cover. But yeah, I don't like the name either. "
    This pretty sums it all up, thanks :) 

Yes, it's a strangely camp name, that doesn't suit the seriousness of the situation.  However, it's the only name that fits. 
    Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By EisforExtinction

I don't know if it's so bad that it's awesome or just bad... I'm going to say bad.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I know what you mean. I've been considering picking up some GL titles, but then I saw this and began to doubt it's awesomeness. Is this what they are actually called in the book?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@jloneblackheart said:
    "I know what you mean. I've been considering picking up some GL titles, but then I saw this and began to doubt it's awesomeness. Is this what they are actually called in the book? "

I believe in the book they are called the New Gaurdians, though I could be mistaken.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Rainbow Rodeo is the dumbest thing I ever heard and just stabbed my soul by reading it

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @primepower53 said:
    "@jloneblackheart said:
    "I know what you mean. I've been considering picking up some GL titles, but then I saw this and began to doubt it's awesomeness. Is this what they are actually called in the book? "
    I believe in the book they are called the New Gaurdians, though I could be mistaken. "

one character makes the smart remark of calling them the rainbow rodeo (hal Jordan says it i believe)
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " @primepower53 said:
    "@jloneblackheart said:
    I believe in the book they are called the New Gaurdians, though I could be mistaken. "
    one character makes the smart remark of calling them the rainbow rodeo (hal Jordan says it i believe) "
    So which is it?  They obviously are a group, but what are they really called?  Does anyone have any scans as reference?
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By AtPhantom
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " So which is it?  They obviously are a group, but what are they really called?  Does anyone have any scans as reference? "
    The only on panel name given is the rainbow rodeo, but this was still done by Jordan as a joke. So while it is most certainly not official, its the only one we've got. 

On a side note, perhaps the staff would consider adding an alternate names option for teams. I've edited several teams which are known under several designations and I feel this should be mentioned on the side rather than just in the bio...
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @AtPhantom said:
    "The only on panel name given is the rainbow rodeo, but this was still done by Jordan as a joke. So while it is most certainly not official, its the only one we've got.    On a side note, perhaps the staff would consider adding an alternate names option for teams. I've edited several teams which are known under several designations and I feel this should be mentioned on the side rather than just in the bio... "
    Thanks.  Then until any time when they're given an official name, they stay as the Rainbow Rodeo. 

And yeah, I know that it's something that's been in the works for some time.  I can't wait to have an Alias feature for teams, objects, creators, locations, etc...
    Avatar image for deactivated-60204c6c569bf
    deactivated-60204c6c569bf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

Well, Larfleeze referred to as "this All-Lantern Corps"

Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Their supposed to be the New Guardians, from what's been said on the cover's and the next storyline coming up, though i don't think we'll see it in Print until then. But there has to be something better than Rainbow rodeo, Lantern Coalition's been used, as well as All-Lantern Corps like ASKwhy said, but this was a joke, not then actual name. They were also called the Skittle Squad, that clearly ain't da right name either. 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xerox_kitty

There are too many 'possible' names.  It stays until an official name is used.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By joshmightbe

rainbow rodeo sounds like a gay cowboy convention

The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Warlord
    @joshmightbe said:
    " rainbow rodeo sounds like a gay cowboy convention "
    LOL
    Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerox-kitty said:
    "There are too many 'possible' names.  It stays until an official name is used. "

Yet everywhere else is already using the New Guardians moniker. So shouldn't that suffice?
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

I seriously hate that name

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

funny joke. wish id thought of it. but if i may inform that the DC characters bio's on this site, especially
    Batman, Flash and Green Lantern are the most looked at pages by users and visitors combined next
    to Comicvines front page. just saying.
    DC in their own solicits and on their site calls this team the New Guardians.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not to be snooty or something, but theres probably alot of folks checking the internet
    to see info about the team that 

DC Comics officially calls New Guardians

alot considering how popular of potential hits and users passed. the name of this
    team really needs to be changed to the correct one. 

BTW: theyre other nickname is the Light Brigade, which has been used more often than
    Rainbow Rodeo as well

from Green Lantern #48

No Caption Provided

from the cover of Blackest Night #6

No Caption Provided

from Green Lantern #51
    No Caption Provided

Dc Comics solicit for  GL #55

GREEN LANTERN #55
    On sale JUNE 30 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS • Art and cover by DOUG MAHNKE & CHRISTIAN ALAMY
    BRIGHTEST DAY marches on as the Main Man, Lobo, goes head-to-head with Red Lantern Atrocitus – with Hal Jordan caught in the middle! It doesn’t get more brutal than this! Plus, Hector Hammond returns . . . to join the new Guardians?

DC Comics solicits for Green Lantern #53 and #54
    No Caption Provided

Green Lantern #53
    A BRIGHTEST DAY tie-in! Exploding out of BLACKEST NIGHT comes the next exciting chapter in the Green Lantern mythos: 
    "New Guardians"! Forced together during the rise of the Black Lanterns, Hal Jordan, Sinestro, Carol Ferris, Saint Walker, Atrocitus, Indigo-1 and Larfleeze must agree to disagree if their next mission is to succeed. But when one of the strangest beings from Green Lantern's past returns, the future of the Lanterns and the universe at large once again falls into question. 

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern #53 
    BRIGHTEST DAY shines its light on the “New Guardians” who have been forced to make Earth their new home! Why? You’ll have to read it to believe it. While Hal is forced to deal with Larfleeze and his newfound appreciation for Earth culture, Sinestro uncovers the mystery behind Parallax’s disappearance.

Avatar image for deactivated-60204c6c569bf
    deactivated-60204c6c569bf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

@CATMANEXE said:
    " not to be snooty or something, but theres probably alot of folks checking the internet
    to see info about the team that DC Comics officially calls New Guardians, alot
    considering how popular of potential hits and users passed. the name of this
    team really needs to be changed to the correct one. "
    I gotta agree.  Now the Blackest Night is over and Sayd's comment about much needing to be discussed about the future of all the Corps, I'm pretty sure the official name will be the New Guardians.   From the solits, it looks like the group will stay together...at least through Brightest Day. 

And I really don't like "Rainbow Rodeo".  Besides, as it's been stated it was a smart remark by Hal Jordan, a snide comment, a throwaway line, etc, etc  ;)
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xerox_kitty

Until there is an official declaration on the group's name, it will not change.   

It has nothing to do with whether someone likes it or not.  It has nothing to do with it being a stupid remark from Hal Jordan.   

So far this is the only name the team has been given.  So unless DC officially gives the team a new name, then they stay known as the Raqinbow Rodeo, no matter how camp or hippy it sounds.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerox-kitty: 
    theyve actually been given two names aside from that, both used more frequently.
    Light Brigade as another nickname, and their official name is New Guardians.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @CATMANEXE: If that's the official name, then I'm happy to change it.  However, from past problems, I need to see scanned evidence to confirm it really is the official name (and not just the popular opinion ;)
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerox-kitty: 
    i already gave the scanned evidence on the last page, and straight from DC's own solicits as well.
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#26  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @CATMANEXE: I'm convinced. Pretty weird that this will be DC's second group with the same name. But this thread will forever remind us that they can also be called the Rainbow Rodeo........

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.