Were The New Gods Ever Worshipped?

#1 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides Darkseid being worshipped by his slaves, were any of the New Gods ever worshipped by any race of beings in the DCU?

#2 Posted by Izaiah (5238 posts) - - Show Bio
You've read too much fiction, Arnicus. Gods are not dependent on their worshipers; worshipers are dependent on their gods.And the New Gods? We're as old as time, constantly remade, constantly reborn with each turning of the wheel.No worshipers? Fool!!! Look about you! Each time a mortal turns on a computer, puts a piece of bread in the toaster, opens a door, strikes a match, or wonders at the stars......he worships at the altar of the New Gods.

- Orion #24. Make of this what you will.

#3 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see Barda being worshipped.

Can you?

#4 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: Yes, yes I could see her worshipped...by me

#5 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaTheDestroyer: Well now there are two of us devotees to Barda. How many before it's a religion? Lol.

#6 Posted by sinestro_GL (3287 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: Three...oh, would you look at that...I'm your third member ^^

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_GL said:

@PowerHerc: Three...oh, would you look at that...I'm your third member ^^

Glad to know it!

Barda doesn't get enough love.

#8 Edited by herrweis (437 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not been shown in anything I've read with the New Gods.Them being gods have always been ambiguous to me because they aren't gods like the Olympians are ..or so it seems.It's like they are just cosmic powered aliens.The Olympians for example are forces of nature or represent forces of nature rather.They bestow abilities to mortals.They are worshiped.No matter what when you see one you know its about to hit the fan.Barda has a house in New England,not too god like..lol.I do love the New Gods though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.