Follow

New Gods

Team » New Gods appears in 728 issues.

Created by Jack Kirby, The New Gods are ruled by the wise and benevolent High Father on the planet of New Genesis, while minions exist only to serve the dictator Darkseid on the twin planet of Apokolips.

New Gods Movie

Avatar image for darkknight96000
    darkknight96000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkknight96000

Given the recent news of an upcoming Superman reboot, If they decide to included Darkseid in the new Superman series at some point do you think they should first do a New Gods movie to set up Darkseid, his motives, the Anti-Life Equation, the New Gods, the war of New Genesis and Apokolips, and his connection to Superman and Earth. That Way when and if he is introduced in a upcoming Superman movie it won't feel rushed. I know it probably won't happen but it just seems like a good way to introduce Darkseid and why he wants to destroy the Earth, instead of coming off as just a powerful and evil alien for Superman to fight. Anyone agree disagree?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By tensor

the points is superman they wont be focus on darksied so they will do it the short way evil darksied come to destroy who can save us superman with lots of special effects what i hope they do with all comics movies is put them in 3d

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AtPhantom

I'd have a complete nerdgazm if it ever happened, but like Aztek said, it wont. They're just not well known enough to earn a movie. I think if the best chance they have of making it on a screen would be a mini-series, but even that has astronomically small chances of happening.

And just to make a point here, Darkseid will never be a part of a Superman movie. Darkseid is just not a Superman villain. He has too much baggage and back story to be included. It would take several movies to completely establish him as what he is in the comics as a god of evil fighting a never-ending battle with gods of good. 
    The way to circumvent that would be to disregard his complete continuity and just make him a cosmic tyrant, but then you'd just end up with Mongul. And why would you do that if you already have a perfectly good Mongul to work with?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DEGRAAF

I would love to see it, but i dont think enough people now who he is, they could do it with the thor movie because thor is on earth and The Gods are well known. if you dont know DC Superman comics at least a little bit well no one will know or care about a darksied movie unless it has superman in it. I think they should make that in to a direct to dvd movie a couple months before the new superman movie ever comes out if it did have Darksied in it

sethers18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's very possible.

Although, for them to make a entire movie out of it, is a little unrealistic. Myself as a huge New-Gods fan, I know there would be a lot to cover, but I could see DC Releasing like an hour long film, with possibly Super-man 3? I could see it happen... And heck, I REALLY want it to happen!

mentummike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A "Fourth-World" movie series would be fantastic, although I'm afraid, as many have observed, it would have to be an artistic move rather than commercial. Done right, I think it could become something that would generate revenue. Being a purist, I would rather see something that stuck entirely with Jack Kirby's vision or don't mess with it at all. DC has already all but destroyed these characters by completely integrating them with all their nonsense. A clean version would have to include Superman (unfortunately) and Jimmy Olson. But if it were possible, there's no way the greatest tagline in comic history wouldn't grab some attention at the beginning of a movie: "There came a time when the old gods died . . . "

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.