Follow

New Gods

Team » New Gods appears in 728 issues.

Created by Jack Kirby, The New Gods are ruled by the wise and benevolent High Father on the planet of New Genesis, while minions exist only to serve the dictator Darkseid on the twin planet of Apokolips.

Are the New Gods slowly coming back?

SpectrumBlur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By SpectrumBlur

Things have been pretty hectic in my life lately (take a look at my last two status updates, and that's only been part of it), but I try to keep up as best as I can.  I'm usually a Marvelite, but I have been checking out quite a bit of DC in the past few years.  Looking through a few different sites online, i stumbled across the solicit for Outsiders #39.  In that issue, a character named Veritas is supposed to be revealed.  I'm assuming that's him on the cover, and I can't shake this Jack Kirby/New Gods vibe when I look at him.  He especially reminds me of Metron.  I can't seem to find my links to the solicit right now, but when I have time, I track them down, and drop them in here as an edit.  What does everyone think?

Edit: I found the solicit directly from DC's website.  Here's the solicit itself:  http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/comics/?cm=17455

and here's a larger version of the image:  http://www.dccomics.com/media/product/1/7/17455_400x600.jpg

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By One_Eye

He definitely looks like Metron...I'd LOVE for the New Gods to make a comeback as Final Crisis really gave them the shaft. That should've been their storyline but instead Superman's and Batman came along and stole their thunder.((Mind I like the both of them but in limited doses)).

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

The new gods are now in their own universe, that being said at least Darkseid will surely do a comeback eventually

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.