Unscripted Review: New Avengers #1

• 123 results
#101 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2233 posts) - - Show Bio
@leokearon said:

" Why do the new Avengers get the Mansion and not the proper team?  Also what is the point of having two Avenger teams in the one area since the new Avengers are now legit "

I am not sure but I think there are 2 teams, actually more than two, because Steve Rogers (instead of something like SHIELD or HAMMER) is making all the heroes agents.  So its like SHIELD was replaced by the Avengers and all the Avengers on the various teams are agents.  The Heroes are policing the world now, which is why Cage had a problem with Steve's offer.
About the Mansion, I think they are just trying to bring back things that people miss and loved.
I feel like they are trying to bring some fun back to the Avengers comics.  Thats why I like the Heroic Age, it feels fun.
#103 Posted by Aspenite (892 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joey Ravn said:
" I liked Logan's "powers". I liked that scene in a "it's so auto-parodical it loses its logic and becomes hilarious" way. "
Yeah, that was great! My fav part!
#104 Posted by Krakoa (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@humanstruggle said:
" @Dipic: @Krakoa: I'm not defending this title by any means. I havent and wont be purchasing it.                                      Im just tired of the thinly veiled disdain for just about everything Marvel.  "
I can respect your opinion, but personally I don't think they have a personal disdain for Marvel, but a lot of Marvel's recent decisions. They were both optimistic about Joe Quesada's promotion when it happened, despite a lot of fans protesting him receiving any more power in the company. At least we can agree on the simple fact that this particular issue is probably not worth the time of day. 
#105 Posted by MotherfuckinSickBird (1 posts) - - Show Bio

y'all forgot about X-Force, Wolverine is on at least 5 teams. And u didnt mention the AWESOME art by Immonen.  

#106 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Impersonator said:
"Why is this issue no.1? Shouldn't this issue be no. 65? Or is this Vol. 2 of the New Avengers series? "

Putting a #1 will make it seel more.
#107 Posted by victorvndoom (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing could throw wolverine away just like Collossus did with the fastball special , would be cool

Dont get why wolverine is here , while he is in the future...sheeshes marvel do something about continuity

#108 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2233 posts) - - Show Bio

It would have been cool if these guys became the New West Coast Avengers.  They could move those guys to LA or something, wherever the former team was at.  That would make the Thing and Spider-Man and Wolverine being on the team harder to explain...
Wait, Wolverine is on the team.  Isn't he in San Fransisco and now in New York?  Thats a lot of travelling!

#109 Posted by goon (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like an annoying storyline. Hilarious score change.
#110 Posted by elreydelyugur (11 posts) - - Show Bio
@KNIGHT SAVIOR:
U NEED ONE BLACK OPS. TEAM LIKE SECRET AVENGERS
#111 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Too much Avengers. Too much Wolverine.

#112 Posted by doitmikestyle1 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah if you all hated it SOOOO MUCH why did you rate it a 3 and 2.5???   

I am new on this site and I gotta say this woman "Babs??" can sometime look so sexy and other times look so different.  One day she is drawn by McNiven and another by Romita Jr. 
#113 Posted by Rothschild (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL @ the irony of Babs saying "overuse of a character" with a Deadpool comic behind her...

#114 Posted by The Stegman (23082 posts) - - Show Bio

drat...and i was gonna buy this issue..but im having second thoughts now...    

#115 Posted by Secret Identity (223 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't be any less surprised that this is pants. Why the hell do all these different teams even exist. I really wanted the Heroic Age to be good. So far it's really not going that way.

#116 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

it's a shame this was such a dissappointment 
I really like the line up, but I'm not sold yet 
let's hope #2 is a big improvement
#117 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

not a fan of this team, but its the only thing ms. m is in right now...damn spider-woman takin her deserved slot in avengers

#118 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2233 posts) - - Show Bio

I think what Marvel needs to do is if a character is on one book, keep them there.  Maybe let them have their solo book, but keep Wolverine on one team, keep Spider-Man on the Avengers and put a different Avenger on the New Avengers.  I don't mind the continuity thing,  no problem with me.  Its just what Babs said, Its just marvel trying to sell more books.  Or it seems that way.
I do however like all the Heroic Age stuff, its fun so far.  I may eventually cut down on which I buy, but I like them so far.

#119 Edited by logan48227 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Pym remodel the Avengers Mansion in Mighty Avengers? Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to remember him using Avengers Mansion as a portal to his "Infinite Mansion" or whatever. 

I am also at a loss as to why you have a team full of people who are already on other teams & in other books. Besides, when you have Luke Cage on the team with superstrength & invulnerability doesn't the Thing become superfluous? It just seems like New Avengers is Bendis' personal sandbox to play with his favorite toys rather than a worthwhile team of its own.

#120 Posted by charlieboy (7153 posts) - - Show Bio

the only reason i am reading this book is because ms. marvel is in it. i think everybody being on ten teams at one time is ridiculous. too much exposure. hawkeye is going to be on both teams and work with mockingbird in their book? plus spidey and wolvie in both teams. and cage is in the thunderbolts. i think ms. m should be with the main avengers team and spider-woman should be with the new avengers. they fit her style more. new avengers needs to be a team where you cannot see their members in fifty different books.
#121 Posted by blackcanaryguy (21 posts) - - Show Bio
@doitmikestyle1:    Oh, wow, you need to check yourself. That's just stupid and unnecessary. 
#122 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12522 posts) - - Show Bio

steve obviously paid 4 the tower with funding
#123 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12522 posts) - - Show Bio

i  really liked this issue but some very valid points were made in this review 

things i agree with 
"multitasking" Wolverine-i mean jesus christ  pick a team already. 2 teams is fine but 4!!!! 
Avenger 
New Avengers 
X-Men 
X-force
Steves note-what he fuck  so u cant just tell  the dude to his face b4 u send him over there 

#124 Posted by Grimoire (531 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll probably look at this one since Spiderman, Wolverine, and Ms Marvel are some of my favorite Marvel characters. As for Victoria Hand I didn't know (Since I'm new to getting back into comics) who she was so I read up on her and there doesn't seem to be anything about her that I could like. I hate the ultra patriotic person who can be completely wrong but because of their conviction they are given a pass when jail time should be in order.

P.S: This shouldn't be new though since they have Zarda who's a avid murderer on the Ultimates team. lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.