The New Avengers Line Up Just Got Crazy...The Thing?!?

• 73 results
#51 Posted by War Killer (20251 posts) - - Show Bio

This just became even more interesting, it feels like Avengers will be the main team, New Avengers will be like West Coast, and Secret Avengers will be like the Avengers version of X-Force in a way. Still I'm looking forward to seeing how these three teams are brought together and for what reason('s).

#52 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said: 

" Heh, just watch the New Avengers will turn out to not be a super hero team just a monthly poker game. "

I would actually read it if this were true. As it stands, this is an unforeseen development, but I stopped reading the Avengers books during Secret Invasion, and nothing I've seen since has convinced me that was a bad decision.
#53 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" Sooo, will Thing not be on the F4 that much anymore?  - He can be replaced by She-Hulk (:  "
i highly doubt this, and much less doubt Thing not being in F4 (is Wolverine any less in X-Men?,
Spider-Man in NY?, ect) but this one is fun to think about anyways...

#54 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

uuhhhhm.........ok whatever ^_^

#55 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

really not liking some of these reveals

#56 Posted by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow o_O this is new ^^. Glad to see some new faces on the Avengers...come on,BEN LOL this is going to be great!!. I really want to read the dialog between Spidey,and Grimm...Priceless.

#57 Posted by Gothic Storm (842 posts) - - Show Bio

Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

Seriously though, what's next? I guess they'll let ANYONE be an Avenger these days...

#58 Posted by Lupine (750 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" Finally one where no one can say "I called that." I don't think any of us saw this one coming. Bravo Marvel.. "
Agreed. lol. I like the idea.
#59 Posted by Argentino_18 (955 posts) - - Show Bio

I dig it... 

Can you Diiiig it?

#60 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

thing was very briefly an avenger

#61 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally someone new, would have never seen this comming

#62 Edited by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

lol just one chick, that must suck lol  They should just call it Sausage Fest Avengers.

They need more women in there. 

#63 Posted by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio

We know what you're doing Marvel, trying to build suspense in this manner only causes frustration!

I have yet to learn the identity of a single Secret Avenger even though those shadowy silhouettes have been out for awhile now.I know they're trying to keep the big reveals under wraps but I'm just tired of these promotions.

#64 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

"I believe... 'tis clobbering time, sire." - Marvel 1602. 

Now I really can't wait to get my hands on this.
#65 Posted by ahumancartoon (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Long overdue in my opinion. The Thing is one of the most recognizable characters Mavel has. To finally have him in the Avengers makes perfect sense to me.

#66 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben was a long time West Coast Avenger back in the day. and of course he can be on two teams at once, just because Wolverine owns the title doesn't mean he can't share it.

#67 Posted by cadaver (143 posts) - - Show Bio

nice!

#68 Posted by pentagram (312 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chane said:
" I have no idea where they are going with this. "
agreed, but i like it.
#69 Posted by MichaeltheFly (6555 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally we see the Thing in a more important team. Wonder if he will leave the Fantastic Four?

#70 Posted by mavfan626 (4130 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate it
#71 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

It is possible that the New Avengers might be almost a new Illuminati of heroes, gathering them together and guiding Marvel 

#72 Edited by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

you know what I take back what I said.....
Having the Thing join an Avengers team just doesn't feel right to me. The Fantastic Four are more than a team, they're family and with all the adventures they go on through time and space and then to come back and do it again with New Avengers? But both teams are in NY.  But for a guy like Ben wouldn't ya think his family (F4) would come before his friends?

Wolverines case is more acceptable to me cause he's been out on solo adventures for so long now that having him on another team wasn't that shocking at the beginning. But it's going to feel like a little ridiculous being on 2 teams on the opposite sides of the US. But that depends on what happens after Second Coming.

#73 Posted by kunglu (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Thing! I love the Avengers!  I love Pizza and I love Cereal! Do I want my pizza in my cereal? NOOOOO! As cool as this mite seem I must agree with DMC he belongs in the Fantastic Four! I did enjoy he's solo series, the last one was fun! But this doesn't feel right. Maybe the writers were playing Ultimate Alliance 2 when they were thinking up the line up!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.