The New Avengers Line Up Just Got Crazy...The Thing?!?

• 73 results
Posted by G-Man (30364 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's recent reveals about the "New" Avengers hasn't been too surprising. Yesterday we sort of got a new New Avenger when it was revealed that Jessica Jones would be putting the spandex back on. Today, things get completely crazy.

Say it with me, "What the heck is going on?" I'm sure "heck" isn't the first word that might come to mind. After the shock settled, I have to say, I like this. Finally we're getting a completely new member that is really going to change the concept of the New Avengers. If I recall correctly, the Thing has never fully been an Avenger. Reed and Sue have been briefly but I don't think Ben or Johnny have. Now he's going to be an Avenger? 

The Thing is my favorite character in the FF. I'm not sure what this means for his position over there. I suppose if Wolverine can be on the New Avengers, X-Men and X-Force, there's no reason that Ben can't be on the New Avengers and Fantastic Four. Now just picture what the teams going to be like with the Thing, Spider-Man and Wolverine. I think the fun-factor just got turned up considerably!
Staff
#1 Posted by jedd (71 posts) - - Show Bio

kwl i like that!!!!!!!

#2 Posted by Green Flash (155 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE IT!  CLOBBERIN' TIME!!!!  Now this is a teaser!

#3 Posted by ironshadow (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Thing should be an Ultimate Avenger since the ultimate FF disbanded and he joined SHIELD but I guess this is pretty cool too. 

#4 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

its weird, have to wait until i read it, but i am happy to see
a character that wasn't recently on an Avenger team. 
Thing, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Jewel so far.

#5 Posted by Sarpio__ (122 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT. O_o'

#6 Posted by Chane (539 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea where they are going with this.

#7 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

This might be pretty cool. But I donno why marvel is deciding to reboot the new avengers comic for herotic age. I guess it will all make sense when siege has finished and herotic age starts. Which I'm interested to see. (as most of us are, i pursume)

#8 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, did not see this coming. Really did not see this coming.

#9 Posted by starkiller95 (236 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF?

#10 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, now where shaking things up and I like it, but he is still wear FF undies does this mean he will be doing double duty? Issue #1 is a must have for me, man I have soooo many questions now

#11 Posted by Emerald Warrior (182 posts) - - Show Bio

It should read:    "I always like to tell people what time it is" 

Good thing he's a NEW avenger. Don't really see him on the regular roster.  

#12 Posted by pimpnerd88 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing was prominently featured in West Coast Avengers, regardless if he was officially a member or not,  goes the same distance in my book. Love him

#13 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

Most marvel heroes are reserve Avengers
The call sent out during Avengers Disassembled for all Avengers
The Thing answered

#14 Posted by thiagofonseca (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine's gonna take his place in FF.

#15 Posted by Tyler Starke (4410 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess this image really is a precursor to who will be on the avengers, So you think the monkey will be on tomorrows new avengers promo, Cause I do!, jeez so the new avengers will have team members from X-men,X-Force,Fantastic Four, Thunderbolts and if everything goes according to my plan tomorrow an Agent of atlas

#16 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tyler Starke:
Those 3 that haven't been attached to teams...perhaps Secret Avengers?
#17 Posted by G-Man (30364 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally one where no one can say "I called that." I don't think any of us saw this one coming. Bravo Marvel..

Staff
#18 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. Now that should please the people who have been waiting for something new.
#19 Posted by the_orange_crush (79 posts) - - Show Bio
@lostlantern13 said:
" @Tyler Starke: Those 3 that haven't been attached to teams...perhaps Secret Avengers? "
That's a good possibility.

I like The Thing on the New Avengers as it adds another dynamic to the team....
#20 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh, just watch the New Avengers will turn out to not be a super hero team just a monthly poker game.
#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91071 posts) - - Show Bio

There we go...now that's new.

#22 Posted by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! I'm suprised... but not mad... this could be good... 

So I'm guessing now that maybe... just maybe! Spidey and Wolvie are in both Avengers teams... 

SInce this team looks to be like the reserved team...
#23 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" Finally one where no one can say "I called that." I don't think any of us saw this one coming. Bravo Marvel.. "
I didnt call it but i was thinking it was possible when that "heroic Age" poster came out. Then I thought no way after the announcments started coming out. I should have stuck to my guns ha ha

Sweet this is good news for sure. The Thing rules. I have never been a huge fan of fantastic four, but the new book (cant remember the writer on it right now, and Im in to big a rush to look it up...or lazy) looks really cool! I'm starting to get interested in it. And the Thing being on New abvengers now is probably marvels way of getting people like me to fully go and check out the new FF books.
#24 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

As faras these adds go, I don't think they're all going be members. Granted all the people they've shown were card carrying Avengers at one point but I think this is just an "everyones an Avenger"  add campaign. It's hard to explain but I'm sure not everyone who's been in these adds are going to be on the teams. Take the Luke Cage one for example. It says he's a New Avenger but we already know he's going be on the Thunderbolts. And for the Secret Avengers add Brubaker said he has no clue who those are pictures of. I'm sure these are all just adds and when we find out who's on what team a lot of these characters won't be seen. 

#25 Posted by Bloodstonefreak (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Very interesting indeed!  I like it!

#26 Posted by Manchine (3869 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing is one of the BEST characters in comics to date.  This is definately a plus in my book.  =)
#27 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

ive never really liked him but this will hopefully give me a look at how strong he really is
#28 Posted by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio

It's intriguing. And what makes it fun is the combination of having Spidey, Wolverine, and Thing on the same team. Add Luke Cage and it makes it even more interesting.  

But I'm not the biggest fan of having the same heroes everywhere. As much as I love Wolverine, him having 3 solo titles and then show up in like another 5 team books can get boring. I love Cage, but I'm not nutts about him on T-Bolts and here at the same time. Now, Thing in the FF and NA, it's getting out of hand.  

I've always felt like if you're a solo hero, then it makes sense to be part of a team as well. That's what the Avengers always were anyways, solo heroes coming together. But when you're already part of a team, why do you want to be part of another team? I always found that kind of illogical. 

I feel like Marvel has enough unused characters who might not do good alone, but would better profit by being on a team together, rather than having the same heroes show up everywhere.

Nevertheless, I'm sure I'll be enjoying this book.

#29 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantasic Four jumped the shark anyway, I'm glad the Thing is quitting the Fan4 and signing on with Avengers. The Fan 4 comic gets stale after about 2 dozen issues, you read some great fresh stories for about 24 issues after that the stories just repeat like reruns of an old tv show. If the Fan4 can't be fresh they need a little break just like Sue and Reed need a divorce
Ben + Avengers. It's a story that's been lying in wait, I'm surprised Ben didn't sign up earlier during that Civil War thing

#30 Posted by leokearon (1751 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing was a West Coast Avenger, Johnny is the only member not to be an Avenger. Still it is surprising, It's Avengering Time!
#31 Posted by the_orange_crush (79 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
" Heh, just watch the New Avengers will turn out to not be a super hero team just a monthly poker game. "
hahaha!
#32 Posted by Red_Lightning_Alpha (67 posts) - - Show Bio

thats a nice change of pace, I love The Thing. the heroic age is going to be sick 

#33 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio
@the_orange_crush:
Put those 3 with Hank Pym (who has no team attachment) and his Infinite Avengers Mansion....written by Brubaker? That book would be very interesting.
#34 Posted by Blindside002 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a little confused by this, but it is new and I'm cool with that. I still better be seeing Ms. Marvel and She-hulk appear on one of these, Secret, New, or Avengers so I know I will be picking up atleast one series from Marvel in the future.
#35 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

these New Avengers promos have done nothing to inspire me. i'll bite when it comes out, but only becuase i wana see whats going on.

#36 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

This is good, I'm a huge Thing fan and maybe Shulkie can join the 4 in his place.

#37 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: CHECK PMS!!!
#38 Posted by daveydavey (359 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it!
#39 Posted by coolbeans (253 posts) - - Show Bio

Its kinda crazy but i like it
#40 Posted by ninjadude853 (270 posts) - - Show Bio

before, i didn't care, at all

now im interested

#41 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Lame.
#42 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14399 posts) - - Show Bio

intresting angle was unexpected  , hopefuuly will drop another curve ball in like this soon i love new avengers line up but a few new  established faces make for an intresting new start to avengers.

#43 Posted by TheBlackStreak (11 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O The New Avengers just got better

#44 Posted by warlock360 (27976 posts) - - Show Bio

lets see what else we get, me likey.

#45 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4596 posts) - - Show Bio

They have two tanks now... oh well

i still think Spideys goin to lead this team

#46 Posted by jacobyLIVE (1828 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One:  But there was a promo with Cap in it,or Bucky-cap. So he'll probably be leading the team. Spidey isn't much of a leader as much as he is a bad-ass XD
#47 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4596 posts) - - Show Bio
@jacobyLIVE said:
" @Yung ANcient One:  But there was a promo with Cap in it,or Bucky-cap. So he'll probably be leading the team. Spidey isn't much of a leader as much as he is a bad-ass XD "
Ok... let me rephrase that...
So far... of the NEw Avengers Announced... i can only see SPidey Leading the team... Cage has Tbolts to lead... and LOgan has the X-force... until more New Avengers are announced... i will hold that guess...
And...
I thought Cap was goin to be in THE Avengers... and Steve was goin to LEad the Secret Avengers
#48 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooo, will Thing not be on the F4 that much anymore?  - He can be replaced by She-Hulk (: 

#49 Posted by eserrano05 (138 posts) - - Show Bio

i was thinking the same thing maybe one of the kids will take his place
#50 Posted by Raziel3024 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Reed,Sue and Johnny were Avengers at some point so now the Avengers have the full set.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.