Follow

New Avengers

Team » New Avengers appears in 1203 issues.

After a massive breakout at the Raft super-villain prison, Earth's Mightiest Heroes united again to catch the inmates who escaped, some leave, some stay and some are new recruits which ultimately became the New Avengers.

the new avengers by hickman

Vincent92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vincent92

It seems that namor and black panther will be on same team?

Vincent92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Superguy0009e

AWWWWW YEAH!!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Lvenger

Now this sounds awesome! Loving the Illuminati getting an ongoing. But do I choose this or Indestructible Hulk? Choices, choices.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Umbraa
    The catalyst is an event in Wakanda with Black Panther, the only man who told the original Illuminati it was a mistake. Something occurs so earth-shattering he sees no other course of action than to call on them." - Jonathan Hickman
    "Avengers is the day book and New Avengers is night. Avengers is how we want the world to be, New Avengers is how it is. One book is about life, one is about death. The logos reflect all this." - Jonathan Hickman
    "Do Black Panther and Namor get along? No. Do Namor and Beast get along? No. Do Iron Man and various characters have problems as things get revealed? Absolutely." - Jonathan Hickman
    "I don't think people will be surprised to learn that even as these guys go about theirjob, some will grow to hate one another. This is not a cheery happy story. This is the 'Death Avengers.'" - Jonathan Hickman
    Jonathan says he has been dropping New Avengers hints in Fantastic Four and FF with Black Panther, Black Bolt and Reed Richards stuff.

The book looks like it's 2.99 also...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lvenger

Oh damn I think I'll have to get this over Indestructible Hulk now. The premise is simply fantastic.

Genki_Sudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Genki_Sudo

Not happy with Namor being on the team, as said on another site it would be great if BP says something along the lines of, "I'm only doing this for the greater good but once your usefulness is done I will end you" and BP ends Namor

But it's Marvel and they seem set already to let it all be Cyclop's problem that folks got brainwashed by the pf and not their fault

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By DMC

If this is basically about the Illuminati, why bother calling the book New Avengers in the first place? Sure there will new/revised characters but I don't think they'll get as much time to shine as the Illuminati.

And "Avengers World"?.....still skeptical at this point, sounds more like a theme park.

But this is Hickman's book so I'm willing to be proven wrong about this book.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still on the fence about the lineup and premise, but it's light years ahead of the old lineup that I could not give the slightest crap about

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By TheCrowbar

This looks interesting.

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By zackattack529

I don't like how Marvel is putting out Avengers twice a month for $4.99 each. They're trying to suck all my money away :/

I guess ill have to just go with this title, but this title doesn't look as good.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lvenger

@zackattack529 said:

I don't like how Marvel is putting out Avengers twice a month for $4.99 each. They're trying to suck all my money away :/

Yeah same. I can't get this title now due to financial constraints. It looks so good too.

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Shadowsnake89

What is this? I signed on to New Avengers to read Luke Cage, Spider-man, Mockingbird, etc. on a team. Why would i wan't to read this book? Marvel you've just lost more of my money. I've already lost Thunderbolts and now this.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kid Apollo

i was going to make a comment about Beast taking Professor X's slot in the group, but after thinking about it i realised theres not really anyone else who could take over. Cyclops is on lockdown, Emma Frost is running scared, no one outside the mutant community wants to play nice with Magneto. i guess im just glad they didnt offer the spot to Wolverine!

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Silver Zeal

Dis is our/SZ most anticipated buk of Marvel NOW...& probably gonna do gr8 numbers.

soundjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By soundjam

I like the idea of this book, and I really like most of the team. Aside from the awesome New Avengers title that had to end because of this one, this is the best idea for a new New Avengers.

But at least the first issue is written in the perspective of BP, who I normally like. But he's willing to work with Namor, another character I really like, yet ended his marriage with Storm. Because of war that Namor started and Storm had nothing to do with. I know that it was only due to bad writing, but you have to understand why I lose respect for BP in this. At least I have some Dr. Strange to look forward with.

NewComicGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NewComicGuy

This series so far has really caught my interest. I was following so many titles that I passed by this for about a week and a half in the store. I kept wanting to get it but kept talking myself out of it. "You don't need ANOTHER title to read" I kept saying. So much for that! Two issues in and while the first was solid, the second has set the bar as high as I've seen in any of the Marvel NOW titles thus far. I am hooked and looking forward to this team moving along.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.