Follow

New Avengers

Team » New Avengers appears in 1202 issues.

After a massive breakout at the Raft super-villain prison, Earth's Mightiest Heroes united again to catch the inmates who escaped, some leave, some stay and some are new recruits which ultimately became the New Avengers.

New Avengers #55 Reviewed

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

I normally really like New Avengers but something about this issue just seemed off to me.  I mention the rotating artists that we're getting.  I guess I'd like to have an artist stay on for more than just a few issues.  Maybe I'm being picky.  Stuart Immonen's art is growing on me but I don't like seeing the art team switch in the middle of a battle.

What do you think of the power drainer?  The fact that  Tony has let this get out may be the stupidest thing he's done (in my opinion).  Maybe even worse than the  Super Human Registration Act.  How long has he had this?  Why hasn't he used it before (or has he)?  Do you think that  Luke Cage really has a man-crush on Spider-Man?
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Martian

What can they do about Norman Osborn? He's been arrested, what once while he was a criminal. Now he is the law of the land, how do you put that in prison?

On a side note, I hate how Clint acts like he has it so bad. He needs to grow up.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

Yeah, Clint used to be fun.  Now...?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3  Edited By The_Martian

Now he is getting put in his place by Spider-Man:)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Has Clint ever been much of the really good guy, I mean his name of Hawkeye is getting ruined by Bullseye.

The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By The Hottness

yeah i didnt care that much for the art
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I'm not so messed up by the art since I'm so use to reading Ultimate Spider-Man, but the power drainer could have been build during Civil War, by the Pro-Register team or something and also just because it's Stark Tech, dosen't mean it was made by Tony

The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Hottness

i think norm's awesome i dont want him to die. but it would  take more then a bullet to kill him. remember back in Spider-man somthing, he shot himself in the head. Because he made that bet with Spider-man ($20 and a pizza) and they said he survived cause of some kinda of healing factor.
    Avatar image for renegade_spider
    Renegade Spider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Renegade Spider

I'm with Clint with guys like Osborn you just have to kill them. They're too big to just be let roaming around or going to jail. I hope some day its really Spider-man (maybe not the baseline 616 version) that does the killing

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Nahero

personally i wouldn't go with hawkeyes suggestion

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Nahero said:
    " personally i wouldn't go with hawkeyes suggestion "
    I would hope not.  Since murder's illegal, I'd hate to see any CV users go to jail.
    Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
    Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it how Spider-man pointed out to Clint as to how much the life he lives in and they are now living in sucks!
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RedK

give osborn a lobotomy cause he'd still be alive but he'd be a vegtable so he wouldn't cause any trouble

csimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By csimon

I say kill   Clint for even thinking of killing Osborn. Sorry as of late I am just not a fan of Clint.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#14  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @G-Man said:
    " @Nahero said:
    I would hope not.  Since murder's illegal, I'd hate to see any CV users go to jail. "
    Lol, that would be a intresting video to see though
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By FoxxFireArt

You can't kill Norman the way he is now. You are going to have to drag him down and let the world see his true colors. Otherwise you could just make him a martyr to his cause and you'd create more of him.

Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Joe Venom

I love this issue, first off ya got Spiderman totally paranoid about revealing to the team that he is Peter Parker, which he should be it was very dumb idea Daredevil would agree (see ASM #600 Matt lays down how envious he is of Peter). Next, you also have the Avengers life without a Butler and wow, I can see Wolverine living like that, but the ladies should be ashamed of themselves lol. But my favorite part of the issue, no srcew that of Benis writing is his ability to tell the villians side of the story. Not all The Hood's goons are morons and the Avengers are going to find that out the hard way, it kind of makes me wonder how this would have went down if Tony was on the team.
     Im still not a big fan of the "group of heroes" in this book, but I enjoy reading about the many things that are going on around them, and the next issue is going to be amazing!

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PrinceIMC

I don't get how they were all taken out so quickly. Yeah their powers would have been turned off but together they've got so much experience. It wouldn't affect Ronin, Cap or Mockingbird. Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel both have experience with losing their powers. Sure some of them were in the air but c'mon.

I was kinda hoping this was gonna be one of those issues where the badguys have the power nullifier and think they've got it made but still get their butts handed to them. I also find it crazy that this is the team that's having such a hard time interpersonally while the Mighty Avengers has some of the most stubborn and unstable Avengers. Hank Pym, Hercules, USAgent, Quicksilver, Amadeus Cho? Maybe this issue was made to make the Mighty Avengers look good.

Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Joe Venom
    @Nahero said:
    I agree, whatever happened to just waiting for Norman to screw things up for himself, by this book's standards its only been like a week, two weeks tops it going to take more time for him to crack.
    DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19  Edited By DMC

@War Killer said:

but the power drainer could have been build during Civil War, by the Pro-Register team or something and also just because it's Stark Tech, dosen't mean it was made by Tony "

I thought this issue was great. 
    It picked up on a plot thread Bendis placed in New Avengers #50 when Carol stole the power drainer and had the team take the pill for their Dark Avengers ambush. I new it would come back to bite them.  So about 1/3 of this issue fills in what happened with the Hood & his syndicate between that battle and now. 

Good points
    The Art
    Dialogue between Spider-man and Ronin
    Mockingbirds new costume (it's the little things)
    Chemistro - at least someone in the Hoods gang is using their brain.
    E.I.S.A.M.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By E.I.S.A.M.

They should de-power Norman, and make it so he can never have power again. Locking him up wont do it. Killing him is wrong. Killing is wrong. If they're defending life, they shouldn't take it, or they're just as bad as the people they fight that call them loose cannons.   Norman fancies himself a god. Take that power away, neuter him and you beat him.

And as far as Clint's comment.... He died. Nothing was the same when he woke up. When he died, the heroes were still heroes. Mutants where thriving, and the villains lived in fear. He came back and Cap was dead, Tony was partly responsible, and villains were chipped and signed up with the SRA. Now Villains rule the world, Cap's still MIA, Tony's on the run, along with the rest of the world's heroes, there's two new Hawkeye's and a Dark Avengers. The one thing in the world he always thought would last, the Avengers, has become a perversion, and he can't even call himself Hawkey anymore. He died, woke up and everything changed. He should be different. He should want Osborn dead.

kendorrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kendorrr

It's just The Hood, not Red Hood. Also, "that dude" is Chemistro. I thought this was a good issue and I'm looking forward to see where its going. Then again, I'm kind of a blind Bendis worshiper.

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tyler Starke

Norman is a mad dog and should be taken out back and shot

rouju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By rouju

Shouldn't the new Avenger act like Batman in The Dark Knight? I mean they could do the "right thing" because technically they are not hero (aren't they fugitive?) and work outside the law.

Or like Comedian said that "they" society only protection (from themself and any other thing, they are vigilante anyway.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DH69

i thought it was a really dry issue
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @kendorrr said:
    "  It's just The Hood, not Red Hood. Also, "that dude" is Chemistro. I thought this was a good issue and I'm looking forward to see where its going. Then again, I'm kind of a blind Bendis worshiper. "
    I sometimes take a 'relaxed' approach in my reviews.  Obviously I'm aware of their names.  I like calling the Hood the "Red" Hood as in  "Little Red Riding" Hood.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Media_Master

This sounds like there should be a build up to the ultimate battle between Spidey and Green Goblin

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AngelFrost

I'm with Clint ... KILL.

CM9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CM9

is his name the red hood or the hood?
    SoulTakerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SoulTakerX

Norman needs to be Punished.

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jefprice

Well with Norman a killer, and in war people die...

dan1509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dan1509
    @E.I.S.A.M. said:
    "They should de-power Norman, and make it so he can never have power again. Locking him up wont do it. Killing him is wrong. Killing is wrong. If they're defending life, they shouldn't take it, or they're just as bad as the people they fight that call them loose cannons.   Norman fancies himself a god. Take that power away, neuter him and you beat him.

And as far as Clint's comment.... He died. Nothing was the same when he woke up. When he died, the heroes were still heroes. Mutants where thriving, and the villains lived in fear. He came back and Cap was dead, Tony was partly responsible, and villains were chipped and signed up with the SRA. Now Villains rule the world, Cap's still MIA, Tony's on the run, along with the rest of the world's heroes, there's two new Hawkeye's and a Dark Avengers. The one thing in the world he always thought would last, the Avengers, has become a perversion, and he can't even call himself Hawkey anymore. He died, woke up and everything changed. He should be different. He should want Osborn dead. "

wow, great point
    dan1509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dan1509

I think the conclusion is guna be that it's going to be a big Iron Patriot/ Iron Man fight but I think that it's going to have to be spiderman that actually finishes it, it being his villian/ arch nemesis but ideally? I wanna see steve rogers kick some f***ing osborn ass
    Avatar image for anderson__agent_of_smith
    Anderson: Agent of SMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke Cage has a man-crush on Spider-Man, Bendis has a man-crush on Luke Cage.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.