New Avengers #49: Will Luke Get His Baby Back...(Ribs?)

Posted by G-Man (34043 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry, there's no spoilers in this review, but let's talk about this issue.

Staff
#1 Posted by xcodebro!x (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I was so Okay with the new New Avengers. so much so that I gave it a 4.5. but hey, maybe I was to lenient.  Cant wait for 50!

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91230 posts) - - Show Bio
xcodebro!x said:
"I was so Okay with the new New Avengers. so much so that I gave it a 4.5. but hey, maybe I was to lenient.  Cant wait for 50!"
Agreed
#3 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Best review by far!  Give me that issue tomorrow so I can read it. :)

Staff
#4 Posted by zweener (87 posts) - - Show Bio

"such douches as osborn and venom"

i loled

#5 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

You know not the slippery slope you climb with comments about Venom and Osborn, "G-Man".    I Keel Chu!!

#6 Posted by Captain Cascader (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

Best comic vine video ever? I think so.

Staff
#7 Posted by Many-As-One (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Man i wish i lived in the US : (

#8 Posted by King Saturn (224186 posts) - - Show Bio
Ha Ha Ha  !

Very Nice G-Man... Very Nice Indeed
#9 Posted by Tainted-Cell (299 posts) - - Show Bio

New Avengers was my favorite Marvel series last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. Can't really afford to keep up with them now though. Sounds a bit out of character for Luke Cage to be making deals... sounds like it's feeding Osborn's MO all the more.

#10 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

Good issue, can't wait for the Smackdown! especially Wolvie vs Daken

and Luke better bring that "crowbar"

#11 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow... that was scary...

#12 Posted by Amber (314 posts) - - Show Bio

I wondered by I hadn't seen any updates from YouTube in months. Guess you guys found different hosting. Love the shirt, btw. Nice review. Keeps me up to date since I rarely ever pick up a Marvel book.

#13 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the brief review.

#14 Posted by hulk1995 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

id give it a 5.0

#15 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio
hulk1995 said:
"id give it a 5.0"
seconded. That was awesome. I love Luke with the crowbar.

Still I am a litle dissapointed in Norman, I cannot blame Luke for his actions he did the most sensible/realistic thing for his character in my eyes. Still I would have thought Norman would of had something up his sleeve to control Cage. Thats the only thing that dissapointed me.
#16 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah.  Luke did get away from Norman too easy.  Maybe there's more to this?  Or maybe he just didn't care since he has his Dark Avengers.

#17 Posted by avengpymhawk (371 posts) - - Show Bio

I also enjoyed this issue. You can feel Cage's desperation to get his baby girl back. The only question that I have, is when did Cage confiscate the Wrecker's crowbar?

#18 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at the "ribs" he snuck in the title of the thread.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.