New Avengers #33 Review
Cover - 4/5
- Would I pick-up the comic based on the cover alone? Are the alternate covers appealing? Does the cover portray what happens in the issue?
Art - 2/5
- Do I personally like this artist's style? Does the artist stay true to the characters appearance?
Color/Ink - 4/5
- Does the work blend well with the artist? Is the coloring/inking enjoyable and easy to distinguish what's happening?
Layout - 4/5
- Does the layout of the issue make it easy to read? Does the issue have a good flow of the plot and keep me engaged?
Story - 5/5
- Weighted Triple. How well did the issue further develop the current story arc? How well did the issue further develop the characters?
Verdict - 4.1
- What I think: While the art on the cover is good, the scene doesn't make sense because it doesn't happen. I'd say my biggest gripe is the art. The more I looked at it the more my eyes hurt. I'm just not a fan. If the are was drawn like the cover the book would have been a strong 4 maybe even 5. Otherwise this issue continues the End Times for New Avengers volume. Daniel Drumm continues to kill and posses the New Avengers while Doctor Strange takes the fall. Maria Hill believes Strange but before he can subue Drumm, he jumps to Thing who takes the fight out onto the lawn. Drumm continues to jump from Avenger to Avenger and it appears to everyone looking in that they have another Superhero split underway. How many more people will die before Drumm is taken out. I can't wait to see the final 2 issues for New Avengers to find out.