Follow

Nemesis

Character » Nemesis appears in 23 issues.

The most intelligent man in the world as well as the only super villian, Nemesis has one simple goal; Make the lives of the best cops a hellish nightmare.

Nemesis #3

Toastalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Toastalchemist

I'm sure everyone knows what the twist near the end of Nemesis #3 is. My question is, how'd he do it? Nemesis is never shown to be a master surgeon or anything. It never even says how he rigs the girl's womb or how it works. They are never in the same panel. For a book trying to be more "down to earth" or "realistic" I don't see how that's possible. It just doesn't make sense. Its lazy writing.     

Also, I don't know about you, but that made me lose a lot of respect for the character. There is a line between killing cops and ruining a girl's life, who had nothing to do with him. Nemesis is supposed to be hated and all, but now he's less of a "robin hood" or "JTHM" and more of a scumbag.  

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Theodore
    @Toastalchemist said:
    "  I'm sure everyone knows what the twist near the end of Nemesis #3 is. My question is, how'd he do it? Nemesis is never shown to be a master surgeon or anything. It never even says how he rigs the girl's womb or how it works. They are never in the same panel. For a book trying to be more "down to earth" or "realistic" I don't see how that's possible. It just doesn't make sense. Its lazy writing.      Also, I don't know about you, but that made me lose a lot of respect for the character. There is a line between killing cops and ruining a girl's life, who had nothing to do with him. Nemesis is supposed to be hated and all, but now he's less of a "robin hood" or "JTHM" and more of a scumbag.   "
    yeah Nemesis is a straight dick-head!
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By The Lobster
    @Toastalchemist said:

"  I'm sure everyone knows what the twist near the end of Nemesis #3 is. My question is, how'd he do it? Nemesis is never shown to be a master surgeon or anything. It never even says how he rigs the girl's womb or how it works. They are never in the same panel. For a book trying to be more "down to earth" or "realistic" I don't see how that's possible. It just doesn't make sense. Its lazy writing.      Also, I don't know about you, but that made me lose a lot of respect for the character. There is a line between killing cops and ruining a girl's life, who had nothing to do with him. Nemesis is supposed to be hated and all, but now he's less of a "robin hood" or "JTHM" and more of a scumbag.   "

Okay first of all....this is a series where a dude in a costume and a cape can jump on top of a moving plane without falling off, can gas attack one of the most guarded places on the planet, and can take on 100 trained men by himself and you think rigging a girl's womb to collapse if they try to perform an abortion forcing her to give birth to her brother's child isn't "realistic"....that doesn't make much sense. 

Also I don't recall Mark Millar at all saying that this series was going to be grounded in realism....it's a super-villain story with an evil batman, of course it's not going to be realistic.  

Finally I never got the whole "Robin Hood" vibe from Nemesis, he was a total scumbag the moment he drove that plane into the ground killing millions of people including one woman holding a newborn child. So doing this only made him more of a scumbag, he's not meant to be the hero. You're not supposed to root for the villain in this series, you're supposed to root for Blake Morrow because he's the hero. You're not supposed to root for the Batman of this story, you're supposed to root for the Commissioner Gordon.
    Toastalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Toastalchemist

It just didn't seem to fit. I can buy him beating up a bunch of guards, but he doesn't even rigg the girl womb on panel, nor does it explain how its done. Wombs can't just be rigged, at least to me knowledge. Its just lazy writing. 

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By The Lobster
    @Toastalchemist said:
    " It just didn't seem to fit. I can buy him beating up a bunch of guards, but he doesn't even rigg the girl womb on panel, nor does it explain how its done. Wombs can't just be rigged, at least to me knowledge. Its just lazy writing.  "
    Like I said, the guy can jump onto the wing of a moving plane....this defies the laws of physics.....if anyone was to jump on the wing of a moving plane they would slide right off and fall to their death because the force of the moving wind would knock you right off. I don't understand how this is fine, but rigging a womb to collapse doesn't make any sense. 

A Womb can collapse it's called a Prolapsed Uterus, it's when the uterus falls outside of the body and could require surgery. Nemesis simply made her brother impregnate her and then somehow surgically made it so that if the doctors were to perform a abortion then the womb would fall out and she would never be able to have children. If the guy is intelligent enough to master a way to walk on the top of a moving plane, then screwing up a child's womb should be a piece of cake.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.