Mark Millar Offers Another Benefit Auction

Posted by G-Man (30639 posts) - - Show Bio

Last month Mark Millar and Dynamic Forces had a benefit auction where the winner's name would be used for the "world's smartest cop" on task to try to take down Nemesis, the world's only super villain. The winning bid ended up being $8400 and went to assist handicapped children.  Millar and Dynamic Forces have teamed up again to raise even more money. 

Now that the hero has a name, it's time to give one to the villain, Nemesis.  That's right, the winner's name will be used as Nemesis' secret identity! 

"Can I just say a huge thank you to everyone who participated in the first auction," said Mark Millar.  "The kids and staff at my brother's school were delighted and the $8,400 raised means a quarter of their target has been reached already. I had chosen a good secret identity for Nemesis himself, but it seems almost selfish not to auction this now too and possibly reach the halfway line the kids need for this bus. I'm amazed how much cash was raised the first time around, but am hoping the auction to name the TITLE character raises even more. Dave Lizewski loves the fact he's the lead in the Kick-Ass comic, movie and upcoming video-game and I'm hoping whoever wins this new auction is equally delighted. A huge thanks to them for finding the cash in these difficult times."    

How can you become the namesake for Mark Millar's next cool new character?  Head over to ebay and start bidding.  The starting bid was only $99 and right now it is currently at $501.99.  The auction ends on February 11 so you'd better get on this.
Staff
#1 Posted by Phantom Patriot (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for Nemesis!

and its good to hear he's doing this all for a great cause.

Millar gets alot of crap from fanboys that dont like his work but I love it...

#2 Edited by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phantom Patriot said:

"I can't wait for Nemesis!  and its good to hear he's doing this all for a great cause.  Millar gets alot of crap from fanboys that dont like his work but I love it... "

thats because they're f##king morons
#3 Posted by Omega The Supreme Being (139 posts) - - Show Bio

there's going to be a kick-ass video game oh boy

#4 Posted by drszew (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I haven't found any of Millar's work as good as his on the Ultimates, hopefully this will be as good as that

#5 Posted by G-Man (30639 posts) - - Show Bio

The auction is up to $1526 now!

Staff
#6 Posted by Dane (10588 posts) - - Show Bio

2g!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.