Follow

Necrosha

Story arc »

A cross-over event in New Mutants, X-Force & X-Men: Legacy. Eli Bard infected himself with the docile transmode virus to resurrect & control the dead. As Selene's former lover, he sent the resurrected to attack the X-Men and intended to use the dead Genoshans to make her a goddess.

This has really been bothering the Hell out of me

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By KumoriKunoichi

A lot of the resurrected dead were killed in strange manners. Like Rusty Collins was killed in SPACE! And Skin was reduced to ashes. I'm wondering how the hell Eli "I Have the Most Boring Name Ever" Bard got a hold of half of these remains! I really don't understand it. I mean yeah, Cypher, Darkstar, Synch, Caliban, Banshee I can understand if they were buried in the ground and Eli "I Only Have One Facial Expression" Bard got a hold of the corpses or the skeletons or whatever. But a lot of this I am just shaking my head at. Necrosha's got a good feel to it, don't get me wrong. I mean I can totally see all of the zombies doing a rendition of Re: Your Brains by Jonothan Coulton but seriously, a lot of this i just can't find believeable. That means Eli "Oh God Stop With the Subtitles" Bard can resurrect from just ashes and that Caliban was in space. (CALIBAN IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE). Does anyone else agree with me? I believe this deserved a rant.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

about it not being realistic?
    nope, dont agree, its a comic book.
    its supposed to middle finger reality.

KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By KumoriKunoichi

i know it is but it's bugging me. how the hell would they get all of these pieces :(((

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@KumoriKunoichi: 
    maybe they didnt get them at all? or if they did they just did it from little DNA samples
    and spirit and the rest was rebuilt out of techno-organics.
    never bothered me i guess because i approached it the same way i did Blackest Night.
    writers were biting on the current zombie craze and established stories where the characters
    fought canon fodder zombie hordes. but instead of using generic red shirt zombie templates,
    they themed them like dead characters. this also allowed to play off the livings emotions and
    establish characterization, as well alot of readers get excited because they saw that one vague
    dead character in a panel. but when it boils down to it, between Necrosha and BN the undead
    we're seeing are more like facsimiles of the characters with some of their life-force put in them.
    that and remember Selene's magic was also involved in their resurrections. magic is pretty
    much a get out of jail free card in fiction. i was outside for a moment and paused to think about it
    and while it usually isnt shown, the X-men collect whatever remains of their dead, where ever whats 
    left may be, and bury it in a few select locations. remember Jeans hair? kind of like that. its sick but
    i would actually want to see a 1-shot of them collecting their dead over the years and how they go about it,
    and who is in charge of that. lol. im sure a No-Prize or two will show up though, like the one in Secret Invasion where the dead Mockingbird was shown in hell, but then in SI it was revealed that she never died in the first place...
    Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Grendel

Yeah, magic is the poor-(writer's?)man's excuse for all. Once you've crossed the line of "techno/magic resurrection", nit-picking the details is asking for insanity.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @KumoriKunoichi said:

" A lot of the resurrected dead were killed in strange manners. Like Rusty Collins was killed in SPACE! And Skin was reduced to ashes. I'm wondering how the hell Eli "I Have the Most Boring Name Ever" Bard got a hold of half of these remains! I really don't understand it."

You have got to be kidding

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.