Follow

Necrosha

Story arc »

A cross-over event in New Mutants, X-Force & X-Men: Legacy. Eli Bard infected himself with the docile transmode virus to resurrect & control the dead. As Selene's former lover, he sent the resurrected to attack the X-Men and intended to use the dead Genoshans to make her a goddess.

Necrosha Collections Confusions

Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Chane

I'm confused over how to get Necrosha in collections. There seems to be a HC that covers all from New Mutants, X-Force and Legacy, but those series also seem to have Necrosha tie in collections, which are the same issues. E.g. X-Force v4: Necrosha. I like the idea of the oversized complete HC, as it would sit nice next to the Messiah Complex, Endangered Species, etc... ones on my shelf, but don't want to shoot myself in the foot (i.e. end up having the same thing twice) over future collections of New Mutants, X-Force and Legacy. 

TIA

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

The hardback collects  X-Necrosha (one-shot), X-Force 21-25, New Mutants 6-8 & X-Men: Legacy 231-234.  That's every issue involved in the cross-over bar Necrosha: The Gathering. 

They wont reprint those issues in other trades.  Messiah War was a cross over between Cable & X-Force.  But it was reprinted as a separate trade, not as an X-Force specific story.  Therefore, you can buy X-Force hardcovers up until Suicide Leper, and the next volume jumps straight into Not Forgotten.... missing Messiah War.

Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Chane
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

You could have provided that info to begin with. 

So if you know what's in all the volumes, then what's the problem?  You don't want to buy it all over again...?  Then don't buy it.  

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

thats simple. sell your single issues either to a store or online and buy the HC.

Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chane
    @CATMANEXE: i trade wait all series, well the series involved anyway
    Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chane

problem being the HC seems to be the only place the legacy issues are collected and if I buy it I'm duping stuff. 
    seems a really confusing way to collect things imo

Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Chane
    @Edamame: you could try ebay, but sometimes they take ages to go tho
    NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NXH

Amazon sometimes get the issue numbers wrong.  So, dont worry. If you're planing to just the x-force one, it will have x-nercosha one shot and #21 - 25. 

NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NXH

Im not talking about monthly single issues. I mean TPB.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By saoakden

I was just wondering about the necrosha storyline and the collection myself. X-Force has a trade that collects the issues that were involve in the story. So i'm guessing its better to get it in the X-Necrosha trade. I recently read Second Coming (AWESOME STORY) and X-Force 26-28 were in it and continued in other titles. Like in X-Force 27, the team goes off to take out Master Mold and then in the following issue, it was Uncanny X-Men 525 where they started to kick everyone's butt. X-Force 27 was Chapter 9 but X-Force 28 was Chapter 13. So if someone read 27 then 28, I think they be lost.

Necrosha seems to alternate between X-Force, then X-men Legacy, and maybe New Mutants then X-Force again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.