necrosha- are the hellions gone?

#1 Posted by coolmotif30 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

i missed some of the necrosha comics when they came out.  Did the Hellions end up being finally laid to rest?
#2 Posted by JediXMan (29560 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't think they have yet. Though I'm not collecting all the Necrosha issues.

#3 Posted by coolmotif30 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks for the response.  I thought i posted this in the hellions forum but i guess not
#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you asking for spoilers? :)
#5 Posted by coolmotif30 (25 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:

um yeah!
#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock had previously infected a couple of missiles with his Transmode virus.  He later commanded them to attack the Hellions... and blew them up.  

However, considering the fact that they'd been brought back from the dead.  Chances are that attack only slowed them down.  If a writer wanted to bring them back, I'm sure they'd find a way.  Necrosha has paved the way for a lot of deceased characters to come back more permanently.

#7 Posted by Grendel (560 posts) - - Show Bio

Destiny commented that the magic/virus combo was weakening and that she'd be dead soon. I imagine Doug might be the only one to walk away since he got out on a technicality.

#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grendel said:
"Destiny commented that the magic/virus combo was weakening and that she'd be dead soon. I imagine Doug might be the only one to walk away since he got out on a technicality."

I loved the way that X-Force is leading up to a big show down now that Selene has made her 'sacrifice', but X-Men: Legacy revealed that Selene's powers are fading.  Typical Marvel bad timing. 

I do think that it can pave the way for more resurrections in future.  So the Hellions, Rusty, Synch & others could come back if writers wanted them back... Guess we'll have to see how Second Coming pans out.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.