Questions

#1 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi. First of all, what age is it in Naruto? On one hand, they seem to be wearing modern enough clothing, but on the other hand you never see things such as cars or guns.

For that matter, are there any ninjas in training that use technology to their advantage? Not like an arrow made from their jutsu, but actually thought to take something that costs no jutsu, and use it to defeat the opponents? So, yeah, that's pretty much it.

#2 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Um in shippuden he is 15. Before Shippuden he is 12. As for the other queston, someone else can answer that, lol.

#3 Posted by Jax (7542 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"Um in shippuden he is 15. Before Shippuden he is 12. As for the other queston, someone else can answer that, lol."

No not how old is Naruto what age is it in Naruto?

#4 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, read my post. Was I asking anything relating to that orange jumpsuited freak's age?

#5 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto takes place in a fictional world where Masashi Kishimoto states that there are no "modernized" weapons like guns

He says they don't exist in there world...and no, no ninja so far have cheated that way..

what I find extremely funny is that Dosu compared Zaku's arms to a gun barrel when they exploded....yet guns don't exist...hmmmm

#6 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Hey, read my post. Was I asking anything relating to that orange jumpsuited freak's age?"

I skipped the in. My bad. Jesus, chill out.

#7 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see guns made in Masashi's world. See how he reacts.

@ Shaper: I was seriously kidding.

#8 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. I wish there were more roleplayers around me who liked and understood Naruto...I have a character/team I would like to make and pit against the already made chumps.

#9 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

lol he'll just make a super sonic shuriken

#10 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"Um in shippuden he is 15. Before Shippuden he is 12. As for the other queston, someone else can answer that, lol."

Isn't Naruto 13 in part 1, and 15 and a half in Shippuden? His training with Jiraiya lasted 2 and a half years.

Resonate says:

"Naruto takes place in a fictional world where Masashi Kishimoto states that there are no "modernized" weapons like gunsHe says they don't exist in there world...and no, no ninja so far have cheated that way..what I find extremely funny is that Dosu compared Zaku's arms to a gun barrel when they exploded....yet guns don't exist...hmmmm"

Perhaps they still have guns, but they just proved to be useless against ninjutsu and were abandoned? I'm thinking something like those old muskets where you could only shoot one bullet at a time, and it took about three minutes to load, lol.

Post Edited:2008-04-04 14:52:37

#11 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"Shaper says:
Isn't Naruto 13 in part 1, and 15 and a half in Shippuden? His training with Jiraiya lasted 2 and a half years. Resonate says:
"Naruto takes place in a fictional world where Masashi Kishimoto states that there are no "modernized" weapons like guns He says they don't exist in there world...and no, no ninja so far have cheated that way.. what I find extremely funny is that Dosu compared Zaku's arms to a gun barrel when they exploded....yet guns don't exist...hmmmm"
Perhaps they still have guns, but they just proved to be useless against ninjutsu and were abandoned? I'm thinking something like those old muskets where you could only shoot one bullet at a time, and it took about three minutes to load, lol.
Post Edited:2008-04-04 14:52:37"

He was 12 and 13 in the first Naruto. The next one he is 15 but, I don't called people half, anymore, lol.

#12 Posted by Octagon Enigma (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

They have technology, and I am sure someone has used them in jutsus and combat. Exhibit A: Movie cameras and lighting techniques used in the Land of Snow movie. Perfect example of the readily available technology. I'm sure Kishimoto left out guns to lower the age restriction of readers, but he could easily throw them in.

#13 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"Perhaps they still have guns, but they just proved to be useless against ninjutsu and were abandoned? I'm thinking something like those old muskets where you could only shoot one bullet at a time, and it took about three minutes to load, lol.
Post Edited:2008-04-04 14:52:37"

I thought that too, but Kishimoto said once in an interview w/ Shonen Jump that guns would never exist in Naruto....thats why I question all of the references

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.