Does anyone read the naruto manga?

#1 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

And If you do, How do you review kishimoto's last 100 chapter's? (Ninja war, Pain fight, Sasuke shameful emoness, etc.)

#2 Edited by buttersdaman000 (10215 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, but I dont read it week by week anymore, only one piece has that honor.
Hmmm....I would give it a 6.5 out of 10.......
Its had some really interesting chapters, even if the whole 'fight old enemies' thing is lame to me. I really liked the little 4 chapter arc or however long it was we got with Shikamaru and his crew. Pain fight was alright I guess....even if some of the stuff was very mehh and stupid. Sasuke was meh....honestly I dont even remember that far back...wait...didnt Sasuke cut of the Raikages arm?? If im righ then Kishi really sucks at planning the future of characters.....
Bee is annoying as Hell. His stereotype is really lame and it makes me think Kishi is kinda racist.
Naruto's new form is lame and looks stupid

#3 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#4 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio
@cyberninja: lol, thanks for notifying.
#5 Posted by Billy Batson (58265 posts) - - Show Bio

I have read it. Never again.

BB

#6 Posted by Kastiel (8919 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to. The story is getting a bit old.

#7 Posted by BlazeEmblem (1723 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, and for me it's the best out of shonen's holy trinity, atm. Though overall One Piece is far better.

#8 Posted by SilverGalford (3272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

I have read it. Never again.

BB

this
#9 Edited by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

yep getting super old now, but can't stop reading...been with it since day one...can't stop reading...please help me

#10 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

My 8 year old cousin does, haha.

#11 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
@ Acer said:
Yeah, and for me it's the best out of shonen's holy trinity, atm. Though overall One Piece is far better.
#12 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch: lol
#13 Posted by Billy Batson (58265 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it wasn't bad, I just got kinda bored to read it. 

BB

#14 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio

yep.. its a must for me.. 

#15 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: It got better then it got bad... then it got dragged out...and it's still dragging

#16 Posted by Billy Batson (58265 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow:  

I quit after part I (not sure). So it got worse? 

BB

#17 Posted by Deadcool (6817 posts) - - Show Bio
@utotheg38

I used to read Naruto, but I lost the interest in Naruto's Blacknest Night (LOL) When Zabuza foght against Kakashi (damn, even the name sounds strange for me...) the second time, nothing interesting happened later...
#18 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:
@Final Arrow:  

I quit after part I (not sure). So it got worse? 

BB

....beyond belief
#19 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: It got better for a moment and then exploded into flames...but still going to read it till the end.

#20 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000 said:
Yes, but I dont read it week by week anymore, only one piece has that honor.  
  Truer words have not been spoken.
#21 Posted by Billy Batson (58265 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow:  

lol Naruto fan till the end? 

BB

#22 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: It's the side characters, I love the side characters, like Kakashi and so on...But Naruto...OMG I hate him.... stupid ninja wearing ORANGE...ORANGE.

#23 Posted by Billy Batson (58265 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow:  

lol Naruto as in the series. Yeah the orange guy is annoying. 

BB

#24 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow: The series is only about ninjas in name really. By Shippuden, it's more like the early DBZ stuff than ninjas...

Anyways, I still read the manga. First manga I've ever read, and I intend to finish it.
#25 Posted by Suiken_Seiji (520 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000:  

A little insight on Kishi and Killer Bee

About Killer Bee... There's reference to his character's name involving shinobi.  

He's has a "killer shino-bee" style, quoted by the 4th Hokage, Minato

As for his character design, it's a tribute to the Wu-Tang Clan, hence the name "Killer Bee". If you don't know anything about the Wu-Tang Clan, you wouldn't catch on to this. 

The Wu-Tang Clan is a collective hip hop group with some of the best hip-hop artist who has respect not only the hip-hop community, also has respect with some of the movie community, like... Bill Murray, Quentin Tarantino, etc. The hip-hop style mixes asian culture with hip-hop culture. The use quotes from old kung-fu flicks in their songs, such as from The Lone Wolf and the Cub. 

Kishi made the character Killer-Bee as a tribute to Wu-Tang Clan, and two members, the Rza and the Gza have complimented on Kishi's creation of creating a character that stayed true to what the Wu-Tang Clan aspire young artist to be while retaining asian culture with his own spin of adding his Naruto style to it.  

Also... Wu-Tang Clan has had the song "Killer Bee's", a "younger brother group" involving some of the Wu-Tang members known as the "Killer Bee's", even had a record or two involving the word "Killer Bee's". Anyone who knows Wu-Tang, and see's the word "Killer Bee's", they A.) think of actual Killer Bee's or. B.) think of Wu-Tang. 
#26 Posted by Suiken_Seiji (520 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep. I still do. I've been reading since "Naruto". 

It has it high and low points, but what comic or anime doesn't? Naruto, especially Naruto Shippudden is still a relatively young series, compared to most, if not... all Marvel and DC stuff and most of Shonen Jump's stuff. For what it is and how young it is... I give it... 8/10 over all. 

But everything you see in Naruto, if you pay attention and read a lot of comics or manga's or even just watch animes or shows. There's nothing Naruto has done unique or original, but same could be said about the others when it comes to stories and plots and character relationships. The application of it all though is different, but again... same can be said about the others 

I can tell you it's a lot better than One Piece or Dragon Ball series (including Z and GT), Full Metal Alchemist, and what not. My opinion though, different taste. So take what you hear how you want it. 

#27 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio
@suiken_seiji said:
I can tell you it's a lot better than One Piece or Dragon Ball series (including Z and GT),
Would you say it's better than the original DB series too then? Granted, everyone has a right to their opinion, but it still holds up incredibly well by today's standards (well, the anime anyway, haven't read the manga) and, after having rewatched a couple seasons of it a few months back, I can say with confidence that it's still very enjoyable to watch.
#28 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10215 posts) - - Show Bio
@suiken_seiji
Yeah, even though im not a big fan of wu-tang I realized that the name was related to them in some form....thanks for the info..
But I still think Kishi's portrayal of him is stupid as hell. 
Think of what will happen when the episodes/chapters with B come to America. They will either 
A) Edit his speech and personality heavily or....
B) Start a crap storm of complaints from people claiming that the show is racist.

And will they really be wrong in thinking that?
#29 Posted by VanTesla (518 posts) - - Show Bio

once in a while... I like the side characters more than the main character. I will likely read till the end. 

P.S. Atleast it's not as bad as Bleach has become (yet)...
#30 Posted by VanTesla (518 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow said:

@Billy Batson: It's the side characters, I love the side characters, like Kakashi and so on...But Naruto...OMG I hate him.... stupid ninja wearing ORANGE...ORANGE.

I agree 100%!  Wish the story revolve around Kakashi or Minato...
#31 Posted by Vaccine (277 posts) - - Show Bio

I still do. However, my love for this manga has dropped drastically. The war was/is disappointing. The recent chapters have been nothing short of a waste of time. All talk and very little action. The one thing that annoys me the most is the author's obsession with the Uchihas. They are obviously over-powered and everything else just can't compare to the Sharingan. *sigh* Pre-shippuden was wayyyyy better IMO. It was more "shinobi" than what's going on right now. I'm basically reading the manga just to see the ending since I've come this far already.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.