Would you be happy if Michael Phelps will take Namor's role?

#1 Posted by jhazzroucher (15062 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Phelps is the most successful Olympian and also the greatest.

He is the King in Swimming

I think he'll make a good Namor.

Who is with me on this?

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see him become Namor in real life. I don't think he can act though, so not in the movies.

#3 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: first sentence VERY debatable. so is the second. third: athletes cant act for sh*t. so no.

#4 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he can swim pretty well, but that's where the similarities end.

#5 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7535 posts) - - Show Bio

Naw,

#6 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

No did you see him on SNL? He can barely read the cue cards.

#7 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

He has too sweet of a face.

Namor is all about elegant power, nothing about Phelps is like that.

#8 Posted by Ms. Omega (4403 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

He can't act and he lacks the look.

Moderator
#10 Posted by God_Spawn (37296 posts) - - Show Bio

Your suggestions for actors to play X-Men are pretty poor.

Moderator Online
#11 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84508 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather see a "Great" actor play Namor who in real life cant swim a lick then the other way around. Jus sayin.

Moderator
#12 Posted by Whisper_ (3459 posts) - - Show Bio

Phelps ranges from decent, to endearingly awkward, to super awkward on camera. He doesn't have the ability to play somebody with Namor's inherent charisma.

That's not even taking into account the fact that he lacks acting ability or that he doesn't look anything like Namor.

#13 Posted by danhimself (22270 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker said:

@jhazzroucher: first sentence VERY debatable. so is the second. third: athletes cant act for sh*t. so no.

the first sentence really isn't all that debatable since he's won more Olympic medals than anyone and that's including all of the other sports...if you look at just the gold medals he's got twice as many as the person below him

Online
#14 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker said:

@jhazzroucher: first sentence VERY debatable. so is the second. third: athletes cant act for sh*t. so no.

The dude has more overall medals and more gold medals than anyone in the history of the games. His is absolutely the most successful Olympian. I agree it's not totally objective of someone to say he's the greatest Olympian of all time given how many triumphant stories the games have spawned, but 9 times out of ten when they argue that point they're doing it to be contrarian as opposed to being open minded. The first sentence isn't debatable at all, and the second sentence is only somewhat debatable.

As for the acting Phelps would be a terrible Namor.

#15 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84508 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know his name but theres a dude from the movie Zoolander who has the look if nothing else.

Moderator
#16 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Someone hot needs to play Namor

#17 Posted by Whisper_ (3459 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: Are you talking about Billy Zane?

#18 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84508 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Whisper_ said:

@Gambler: Are you talking about Billy Zane?

lol no :P

the dude on the right

Moderator
#19 Posted by The Stegman (23010 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Sam Witwer 
 

#20 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

I say Sam Witwer

STARKILLER!!!

#21 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

JONATHAN RHYS MEYERS

It's like "Halle Berry" as a superhero....only good

#22 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

No.He is the best swimmer ever but that doesn't mean he is a good actor.

#23 Posted by jhazzroucher (15062 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

JONATHAN RHYS MEYERS

It's like "Halle Berry" as a superhero....only good

Hmmmm... he was really good in the tudors. Rhys and Namor actually have the same eyebrows.

#24 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

You should be banned for making threads that even a 3 year old would find ridiculous. 

#25 Posted by Lvenger (18242 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because he swims really fast doesn't mean he can play Namor. He's a retired swimmer, not an actor. He has no acting ability whatsoever. Even when you're not making a Storm thread, your posts are just getting ridiculous now.

#26 Posted by Chaos Burn (1773 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Just because he swims really fast doesn't mean he can play Namor. He's a retired swimmer, not an actor. He has no acting ability whatsoever. Even when you're not making a Storm thread, your posts are just getting ridiculous now.

bit harsh lol, everyones allowed to make stupid threads

As for Phelps being Namor.... NO

As for Phelps being the greatest Olympian.... NO

#27 Posted by Lvenger (18242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn said:

bit harsh lol, everyones allowed to make stupid threads

As for Phelps being Namor.... NO

As for Phelps being the greatest Olympian.... NO

One stupid thread in a while is all well and good but the OP makes stupid threads all the time. Usually involving Storm to some degree. Have you seen jhazzroucher's threads? And my post wasn't as harsh as

#28 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger said:

@Chaos Burn said:

bit harsh lol, everyones allowed to make stupid threads

As for Phelps being Namor.... NO

As for Phelps being the greatest Olympian.... NO

One stupid thread in a while is all well and good but the OP makes stupid threads all the time. Usually involving Storm to some degree. Have you seen jhazzroucher's threads? And my post wasn't as harsh as @FadeToBlackBolt's comment.

Hey, I thought I was being kind all things considered =P
#29 Posted by Lvenger (18242 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: Well I am getting tired of seeing jhazzroucher's threads around the site all the time, I'll say that much.

#30 Posted by Chaos Burn (1773 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: @Lvenger: well it that case....

#31 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

JONATHAN RHYS MEYERS

It's like "Halle Berry" as a superhero....only good

Hmmmm... he was really good in the tudors. Rhys and Namor actually have the same eyebrows.

And now you know the exact reason why I nominated him.....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.