Follow

Namor

Character » Namor appears in 4968 issues.

Namor the Sub-Mariner is the ruler of undersea Atlantis. The offspring of a sea captain and an Atlantean princess, he has been both a hero and a villain to the surface world. Namor is one of Marvel's oldest published characters with his origins in the Golden Age of comics.

Would U Buy It #25: "What If? Namor, The Sub-Mariner"

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
    DateWUBI # 25:View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
    10/09/10What If? Namor, The Sub-Mariner(Blog) (Forum)Namor(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:What If? Namor, The Sub-Mariner.
    Alternate Titles:
    • Namor, The Sub-Mariner: What If?
    • Namor: What If?
    • Sub-Mariner: What If?
    • What If? Sub-Mariner
    • What If? Namor
    Collecting 5 Issues:
    Covers: (click to enlarge)
    TPB Cover: What If (1977) #41
    TPB Cover: What If (1977) #41

This is a slim volume, but a decent collection of Namor tales. I threw in the Atlantis Attacks issue, because Atlantis obviously relates to Namor. There is at least one other tale of the Sub-Mariner from the 1977 What If? series, but it was a back-up tale, and isn't noted on the cover. So I don't know which issue it's in. It's just something I remember from reading it.

For the cover, the 2006 What If? Sub-Mariner is beautiful, but I kind of object to using a one-shot's cover for a TPB's cover - I always think that'd be more confusing for people for some reason. So for me, I'd choose What If? (1977) #41. It's a nice shot of Namor, and features him prominently on the cover..

Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.

More WUBI:

Back/ Next#Which WUBI will it be:
    Back:24.What If? Timequake.
    Next:26.What If? Ghost Rider.

.WUBI Index.

Thanks again!

What If? Namor, The Sub-Mariner
    What If? Namor, The Sub-Mariner
    Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Rheged

I believe I already have all those.  BUT, yes, I'm a rabid enough fan, I would prolly buy the trade paperback too.  :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#2  Edited By cbishop

I have a lot of What If's also, but I'd like to have some handy TPB's grouping stories about the same character, like this one.  I actually hadn't paid attention to the What If pages enough to notice that most of the first series has been collected in the What If Classic trades.  Those are cool, but are collecting the series in issue order.

Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Rheged

Yeah, I have to agree.  Collecting by character or team makes a whole lot more sense to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.