Follow

Namor

Character » Namor appears in 4967 issues.

Namor the Sub-Mariner is the ruler of undersea Atlantis. The offspring of a sea captain and an Atlantean princess, he has been both a hero and a villain to the surface world. Namor is one of Marvel's oldest published characters with his origins in the Golden Age of comics.

who thinks namor is a loser

• 120 results
    TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By TheRedRobin96

ME ME ME ME OH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OHOH I DO!!!!!! I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By HellionVulcan

I don't think he is a loser just heavily under written & massively underrated for a guy of his power set .

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#103  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@HellionVulcan said:

I don't think he is a loser just heavily under written & massively underrated for a guy of his power set .

I can agree with this, though he isn't my favorite character and I have hated him for the longest time. But he is a decent one now, which I blame Gillen for making him a likable character in his current UXM run.

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By MzombieX
    @Rheged said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheCrowbar said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt said:

" Huh, turns out I haven't commented on this. Namor is a terrible character. He's a ***** who hits on unavailable women and wishes he was as cool as Aquaman. He has the worst costume and the dumbest gimmick ever (wings on his ankles? Really?). "
    The dude threw Ironman through an aquarium while Ironman was hitting him with a replusor beam. He killed his vampire grandfather and seriously who isn't crushing on Sue Storm? His costume by the way is awesome, both of them. He's what the most interesting man in the world and Old Spice guy wish to be. "
    Throwing Iron Man around is hardly that impressive, what powerhouse in Marvel hasn't done it? He actively pursues women who are unavailable. That's called being a douche. If he just had a thing for Sue (or worse, Emma) then that's his business, but he tries to screw over their partners, and that's bad form. Not to mention either Cyke or Reed could crush him any day of the week.

LOL! Yeah, that's why they usually get trashed by Namor in their encounters.

Again, you're just betraying your ignorance of the character. Namor met Susan when she was single and she returned his affections. He actually saved Susan's marriage twice. It is _Susan_ who goes _to_ Namor, and trades on his affection for her to get what she wants, like she did in Civil War and in War of Four Cities. Emma and Namor also had a relationship before Emma and Cyke, and Emma seems perfectly happy to go to dinner and flirt with Namor. Plus, as Namor pointed out it's not like Cyke has committed to marriage with Emma, either. Most the ladies Namor has courted ARE available, as witnessed by his two marriages.

Bad form??? Namor's friends with the Susan and Emma first, so why shouldn't his loyalty be to them first instead of the 'unworthy' (in Namor's mind) men they presently are associated with? Yes, Namor's arrogant enough to think he's the better choice, but that doesn't make him a douche, it makes him a loyal friend.

You think his ankle wings are the dumbest gimmick ever? Really? A symbol / magic item of a Greek god, used by mythological heroes is dumber than a guy that dresses up as a bat? If you understood the mythological underpinning of Namor, you'd understand the ankle wings connect him to Hermes, messenger of the gods. And that's an obvious a role Namor plays as intermediary between Neptune and the Atlanteans -- but also the less known aspects of Hermes, as patron of boundaries and a psychopomp, in that Namor (half air breather and half Atlantean) is a bridge between the surface world and the Atlanteans (the underworld). And of course, the ankle wings are the reason why Namor is the first superhero to fly. A gimmick so 'dumb' that Superman and many other superheroes copied it over the past 7 decades.

Well said. I don't understand why I see so many people hatin on Namor's wings. Then again, I do realize he isn't one of the most popular characters. Yet I've even seen posts from supposed fans of the character that would like to see a movie get made ... but hope they get rid of his wings in the movie. What kind of insanity is that!? One of the worst possible decisions they could make. Those wings are one of the most unique and iconic aspects of the character and symbolize everything you described. His connection to Neptune and the noble Atlantean bloodline that descends from the Gods.
    BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By BlackWind

I don't hate Namor but I prefer Aquaman. Him being created first means literally nothing to me. However, for him being so old, he needs to be far better known. I have mentioned him to casual Marvel fans and they had no idea who he was.

TheAntiReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By TheAntiReVamp

@Rheged said:

@luckydomino1 said:

namor is an aqua man ripoff he really doesnt interest me and he is a snooty arrogant loser

Your post betrays your ignorance of the character, so I'm not surprised he doesn't interest you. Namor is older than Batman. Aquaman IS the rip off ... of Namor.

I know I'm just nitpicking here but why does it matter if Namor is older than Batman?

Because I'm pretty sure a bunch of other Golden Age Heroes/Villains are older than Batman...

Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#107  Edited By Rheged

@TheAntiReVamp said:

@Rheged said:

@luckydomino1 said:

namor is an aqua man ripoff he really doesnt interest me and he is a snooty arrogant loser

Your post betrays your ignorance of the character, so I'm not surprised he doesn't interest you. Namor is older than Batman. Aquaman IS the rip off ... of Namor.

I know I'm just nitpicking here but why does it matter if Namor is older than Batman?

Because I'm pretty sure a bunch of other Golden Age Heroes/Villains are older than Batman...

Like who? The list of Golden Age superheroes that are still in use today isn't huge, much less ones older than Batman, who many consider DC second oldest character.

As for why it 'matters' ... it goes to people claiming Namor is a rip off of Aquaman, when clearly, if you're aware of comic book history, that's incorrect.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Idk man seems like just you. Namor=winning

DRDOOMSDAY390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

the only loser here is the one who made this pointless forum and your welcome.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

It's a well known fact that Namor is in the top five worst characters ever created.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nope.

CubbydaKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing about Namor is he is completely Machiavellian. he isn't supposed to be completely likable. He was the first hero i ever connsiderd myself a fan of and I love him but... he can be a dick. sorry thats not totally on topic but i felt the need to say it

Symlen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow the self-delusion is strong on this post. Namor is a dick, a manchild, a self-absorbed hack whose sooo full of it he doesn't even taste his own #&^* most of the time while prattling on and on about a history of depravity his stupid subjects get up to that nobody cares about.
    So yes I concur that Namor is a loser; unfit to be a king anymore than he is unsuitable for any real kind of power. Always pawning off blame for his stupid ass antics, always rambling about entitlement and the true rulers of the world nonsense and being a general pain in the ass with delusions of grandeur.
    The fish man is a horses ass who gives actually good kings. above and below the sea, a bad name. How in the flaming hell that whiny little guppy became the king of anything is both a mystery as well as an insult to the concept of power and responsibility in it's entirety.

Symlen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namor1987: Anti-hero??? more like Anti-Villain and not even a very good one at that. Aqua DOOF makes Batroc the Leaper seem competent by comparison given the number of times that high & might numb skull's halfassed plans nearly destroyed jerklantis more often than not.

Symlen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

castleking said:

"geraldthesloth said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Aquaman and Namor are both lame."
    What makes namor lame?"
    he is a prick and a eco terrorist and a atlantean supremest with sleeper agents all over the country and he manages to get beat by just about everyone i hear even BP gave him a beaten. "

And yet he beats everyone too. He does whats best for his people and thats all.

What he does is put them more in harms way than prevents them from getting railroaded for every stupid as all hell scheme he cooks up to put Atlantis first and garbage lungmen never. He's double the idiocy of both jerkass parent races, no way you can deny that. Take the latest Invaders run for example.

Symlen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*slap!*

Sorry, that's my first reflex when I see people that don't like Namor.

I think Namor, with the right writer, could be everyone's favorite, in some way. He is a jerk, he is rude and pushy and egotistical, but it's his deal, and he is royalty. It's to be expected.

Royalty are supposed to have an air of dignity about them not self-serving entitlement. He's more dickish than regal man :/

KingLycaon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one thinks he is Aquaman.

Wesat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor is annoying

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.