Who should play Namor?

#1 Posted by Spartacus (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Which actor would you cast as Namor in a movie?

#2 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds horrible, but how about ..... Christian Bale? ... LOL
I am truly not sure about Namor casting. I will think more about this.

#3 Posted by Spartacus (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Sam Witwer is my pick. 

#4 Posted by Spartacus (28 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" This sounds horrible, but how about ..... Christian Bale? ... LOL I am truly not sure about Namor casting. I will think more about this. "
That doesn't sound horrible to me. Christian Bale is a great actor.
#5 Posted by biggkeem89 (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

Zachary Quinto

#6 Edited by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@Spartacus:  
Ian Anthony Dale fits the look, and he does mighty fine work on "The Event"

#7 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@Spartacus said:
" @Edamame said:
" This sounds horrible, but how about ..... Christian Bale? ... LOL I am truly not sure about Namor casting. I will think more about this. "
That doesn't sound horrible to me. Christian Bale is a great actor. "
Cool.  ; ) 
#8 Edited by Spartacus (28 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini: Wow! His facial features, eyebrows, and hairstyle are identical to the picture. Nice choice.
#9 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:
" @Spartacus:  

"
never seen The Event saw Tekken though. a career black eye i guess. 

@biggkeem89 said:
" Zachary Quinto "
the lisp would kill... Imperius Rex 

i say... 

antonio sabato jr for similar appearance 

jim caviezel for chops
#10 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:

" @Spartacus:  

I've seen him in something other than The Event... which I haven't seen.  He's very interesting looking and definitely a possibility. 

@Spartacus:    I do like Sam Witwer, but never thought of him for Namor.  Cool choice.  I do like seeing these different actors suggested.
#11 Edited by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rheged:  
Sasha Roiz, he'd be perfect for the role, he's got the physic and his portrayal of Sam Adama in Caprica show's he's got what it takes to bring Namor's persona to life on the big screen. 
#12 Posted by warlord1234 (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

It should be an unknow actor that have strong mediterranean features such Turkish, Greek or Egyptian or there could get a

Māoria.
#13 Posted by MzombieX (975 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlord1234 said:
"

It should be an unknow actor that have strong mediterranean features such Turkish, Greek or Egyptian or there could get a

Māoria. "

I definitely agree. 
Make it feel authentic and believable ... and go with an unknown or lesser known actor.
#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:
" @Spartacus:  

"
So agree. 
#15 Posted by SC (12971 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Jonathan Rhys Meyers would be a good King of the Sea.

Moderator Online
#16 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
" I always thought Jonathan Rhys Meyers would be a good King of the Sea. "
He's really hott. But I happen to think that someone with a squarer jaw would be better. Ian Somerhalder? 
#17 Posted by SC (12971 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira said:
" @SC said:
He's really hott. But I happen to think that someone with a squarer jaw would be better. Ian Somerhalder?  "

Prosthetics or CGI. All movies use them. Fixed.  

Ian Somerhalder looks like he might cry because the saltwater might get in his eyes. Since he is underwater we won't have to actually worry about seeing tears, but looking like he might cry at any moment really might hamper the action, dramatic, and funny and romantic and every scene. (lol I am just joking, sorry if your a Ian Somerhalder fan, okay choice I guess)
Moderator Online
#18 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: You bet your butt I am! LOl. SO he'd cry in every scene? 

Maybe we should all make this movie ourselves.. . .anyone got a hundred million laying around?
#19 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

Christopher Meloni from Law & Order: SVU. 

#20 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Ian Somerhalder 

#21 Posted by oldgum (326 posts) - - Show Bio
@Spartacus said:
"  
Sam Witwer is my pick. 

"
He should play Galen Marek LoL.
#22 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
He's a favorite among the fancasters.  He's got the snotty fey look down pat. ;)

@TypingKira said:
He's really hott. But I happen to think that someone with a squarer jaw would be better. Ian Somerhalder?  "
Square Jaw Namor is more of a Silver Age super hero thing.  Triangle Head Namor is the original sea elf thing.  I'm good with either look, as long as the actor has the attitude...  and can carry off the speedo. :)

@PowerHerc: Wow.  I never knew Meloni had such big guns!
#23 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rheged said: 

@TypingKira said:
Square Jaw Namor is more of a Silver Age super hero thing.  Triangle Head Namor is the original sea elf thing.  I'm good with either look, as long as the actor has the attitude...  and can carry off the speedo. :)

I think Ian Somerhalder should at least be considered, he plays Damon in the Vampire Diaries. He's got the eyes, the body, and the attitude. Not the exact look, but look at Chris Hemsworth and Chris evans. Do they look EXACTLY like the roles they play? Maybe it's just me, I really prefer the Michael Turner Namor. 
#24 Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

uh, clive owen i guess

#25 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira said:
" @Rheged said: 

@TypingKira said:

I think Ian Somerhalder should at least be considered, he plays Damon in the Vampire Diaries. He's got the eyes, the body, and the attitude. Not the exact look, but look at Chris Hemsworth and Chris evans. Do they look EXACTLY like the roles they play? Maybe it's just me, I really prefer the Michael Turner Namor.  "
Michael Turner can draw one beautiful Namor, but Jae Lee's FF 1234 Namor is ... steamy.  I haven't seen Somerhalder in Vampire Diaries, but he had very striking eyes in Lost.  I agree, the actor doesn't have to look exactly like the character, and in Namor's case that's going to be even more difficult.  It's more important to me that they get the personality and charisma right.

@darkcloakx: I LOVE Clive Owen, and he has the right sex appeal and brilliant eyes, but he may be a bit older looking than Namor and I've yet to see him lose his accent.
#26 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rheged said:

Michael Turner can draw one beautiful Namor, but Jae Lee's FF 1234 Namor is ... steamy.  I haven't seen Somerhalder in Vampire Diaries, but he had very striking eyes in Lost.  I agree, the actor doesn't have to look exactly like the character, and in Namor's case that's going to be even more difficult.  It's more important to me that they get the personality and charisma right.

That's true, it's a big issue. And Der, any time Jae Lee draw Namor, it's bound to be steamy (lol, water reference). 
#27 Posted by Meesho (59 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rheged said:

Yeah, strongly agree. So based on this I believe that Sasha Roiz possibly carries these features, tho, hmm, I'm not sure about how he looks, I mean Namor is a great, majestic and playful in the same time! maybe Sasha has the serious look but playful or seductive?

Sam Witwer, yeah, he looks like him!, the ears and body and esp the eyebrow. Actually I just knew him so I don't know how the personality works!.

Ian Somerhalder ? no way! The one who takes Namor role is must be very deep, I'm not saying the Ian isn't deep, at all. but com'n.. Ian seems TOO playful and reckless for this reason he fits Damon PERFECTLY.

To me I don't have any suggestion because Namor is one of the most favorite characters in comics to me, so it's not easy to give a name.

Other thing I would like to mention, I still wondering that many other forums ppl suggest The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) and many thumb up for Jason Behr!. To me, The Rock! well I like him but as Namor?! I can't imagine! .. or I don't want to! lol. As for Jason, hmm.. he may resembles him a bit in some shots!.

Off-topic: I'm still learing english, you know, is it possible to tell me how I do in that post? :-P .. Thx. lol << looks silly I know xD .
#28 Posted by sladewilson30 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

zachary quinto
#29 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

#30 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1009 posts) - - Show Bio
@Spartacus said:
"  
Sam Witwer is my pick. 

"
He's in my choice for the role too.
#31 Posted by Atari_Graphics (176 posts) - - Show Bio
 @Osiris1428 said:
" Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. "

So far hes the best candidate in my opinion. All those other guys are too pussy to play the Atlantean King.

#32 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Osiris1428 said:
"Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. "

If he were a better actor, he'd be perfect

#33 Posted by UltraHeroix (155 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:
" @Spartacus:  

"
This is a good pick. Another could be Daniel Dae Kim.
#34 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltraHeroix: 
Indeed, good call. 
#35 Edited by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh so everyone throws a bitch fit about Heimdall being Black in Thor,but wouldn't mind if Rock(A Black-Samoan) played Namor????????
Jesus Christ!!!

while were at it lets swap Halle Berry from Storm and give Angelina Jolie the part... >_>
Oh and Brad pitt can be T'challa if hr ever comes into the movieverse...

#36 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500: Or Jake Gyllenhaal playing a Persian, in that case actually most of the cast :P
#37 Posted by Atari_Graphics (176 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500 said:
" Oh so everyone throws a bitch fit about Heimdall being Black in Thor,but wouldn't mind if Rock(A Black-Samoan) played Namor??

I have to ask, have you ever actually met a black person before or seen one on T.V. ? (Not a trick question)
#38 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget: @Atari_Graphics: 

O_o
#39 Posted by Atari_Graphics (176 posts) - - Show Bio

The point is regardless of The Rock's ancestral history I dont think anyone would say hes a black guy. Not like Stringer Bell is a black guy playing Heimdall or The Green Mile playing Kingpin.

The Rock is a tan guy playing Namor who is not a 100% white guy. It not that big of a stretch.  
#40 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not even sure what the rant is supposed to be about.  Namor is biracial with exotic features so there's going to be a lot of leeway on the racial heritage of whoever plays him.  For me, it's more about the attitude, which has nothing to do with race.

#41 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio
@Meesho said:

" @Rheged said:

Yeah, strongly agree. So based on this I believe that Sasha Roiz possibly carries these features, tho, hmm, I'm not sure about how he looks, I mean Namor is a great, majestic and playful in the same time! maybe Sasha has the serious look but playful or seductive?

Holy cow.  That Sasha Roiz is ... impressive.  LOL!  I wasn't familiar with him.  Now I have to track down Caprica and see if his acting lives up to his look.  Thanks, Meesho!

#42 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33069 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by D3athstroke (3911 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@JonesDeini said:
" @Spartacus:  

"
So agree. 
#44 Posted by Vallary (60 posts) - - Show Bio
Jack Nicolson. Admit it - you know why)
#45 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhn, NO.

No one wants to see Jack Nicholson in a speedo at his age.  <shudder>

#46 Posted by Joygirl (19484 posts) - - Show Bio

Craig Parker. He'd need some stilts though.

#47 Posted by vicioushero (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Joseph Gordin-Levitt would be awesome if he hit the gym a bit. Maybe Jensen Akles.

#48 Edited by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

@vicioushero said:

Joseph Gordin-Levitt would be awesome if he hit the gym a bit. Maybe Jensen Akles.

Hmmmm. I Jensen Ackles, but I'm not sure this is the role for him. Joseph Gordon Levitt would have to LIVE at the gym. He's very slender.

@Spartacus:

I saw this guy in the movie TEKKEN last night. He has possibilities, at least for the arrogance and the look. Still not completely sold on him though.

#49 Posted by space_coyote (1132 posts) - - Show Bio

@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:

Maybe Ian Somerhalder

Not a bad choice

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.