Follow

Namor

Character » Namor appears in 4968 issues.

Namor the Sub-Mariner is the ruler of undersea Atlantis. The offspring of a sea captain and an Atlantean princess, he has been both a hero and a villain to the surface world. Namor is one of Marvel's oldest published characters with his origins in the Golden Age of comics.

What makes Namor so powerful?

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mutant God

Is it his Atlantean 's powers mixing with his mutant powers, like when The Beyonder's Inhuman powers mixed with his mutant powers
    ThunderShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By ThunderShade

To my knowledge thats the source of his strength.

Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Rheged

I'm not exactly sure how the Beyonder is work and the Inhuman Mutant angle is a new one.

I don't think it's ever made exactly clear.  There are several factors to consider.  1) According to Jeff Parker in Agents of Atlas, both Namor and Namora are products of a planned genetic breeding program.  This is a retcon, and one that I don't entirely agree with, but there it is, in print.  2) He's a hybrid.  3) He's a mutant.  4) He has the blessing of Neptune.  5) He may in fact be a descendant of Neptune, as the sea god lived among the Atlanteans back in the day.  The Atlanteans ARE far stronger than airbreathers, so he's already starting out ahead of the human norm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Atlanteans live in the depths of the ocean. Surviving under these constant pressures increase their strenght and durability greatly. Your average Atlantean is much stronger than your average human due to these factors. Throw in the fact that Namor is a mutant and a hybrid of both races and it explains itself.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.