Namor X-Uniform/Costume

#1 Posted by Mutant God (3091 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think Namor should have an X-Man uniform/costume

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought he has an X on his new uniform.

#3 Posted by Mutant God (3091 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: 
 Oh I did not see that X, thanks for pointing that out.
#4 Posted by Rheged (605 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I don't think Namor needs an X-man uniform.  He should be in his classic green speedo!

#5 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant God: The X is on his belt.
New Mutants 13
#6 Posted by Mutant God (3091 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite:
yeah, I know I seen it
#7 Posted by Rheged (605 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite:   Aaaaaah!  of all the variations on Namor's X-costume, I really disliked that one.  That ridiculous collar!!!  WTF?  And GLOVES?  With his bare arms. ugh.  Namor's never worn gloves before, and now I see why.

On a positive note, I do like how they drew Namor himself -- kickass and pretty.  But the costume ... NO.
#8 Posted by gunjin (714 posts) - - Show Bio

give him  back his atlantean armor minus the cod piece. put an x on it somewhere.

#9 Posted by gambit987 (1273 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his new suit I don't like if he is only wearing his pants.

#10 Posted by Rheged (605 posts) - - Show Bio
@gunjin:   Which costume are you talking about?  I can't remember Namor ever wearing a codpiece, and the only armor he's worn is the Neptune Armor from 90s.  Or are you talking about that black wetsuit looking thing from the Sub-Mariner Initiative?  I vaguely remember them trying to pass that off as armor.

@gambit987:   You're right.  Namor shouldn't be wearing any pants at all. :)
#11 Posted by Jake Fury (19572 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Posted by Rheged (605 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury:   Thank you.  That X-men suit is better, IMO.  No gloves and a collar that is NOT going to flap around his face when he's swimming.  I also like the scales.
#13 Posted by gunjin (714 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rheged said:
" @gunjin:   Which costume are you talking about?  I can't remember Namor ever wearing a codpiece, and the only armor he's worn is the Neptune Armor from 90s.  Or are you talking about that black wetsuit looking thing from the Sub-Mariner Initiative?  I vaguely remember them trying to pass that off as armor.

@gambit987:   You're right.  Namor shouldn't be wearing any pants at all. :) "
found this scan from issue #37, i don't know what volume. i think im just nostalgic for this since this is one of the first comics i bought. and i believe every male superhero should wear pants. 

#14 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Forget putting an X on the costume, Namor shouldn't even be on the XMen.

#15 Posted by Rheged (605 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunjin said:

" @Rheged said:
" @gunjin:   Which costume are you talking about?  I can't remember Namor ever wearing a codpiece, and the only armor he's worn is the Neptune Armor from 90s.  Or are you talking about that black wetsuit looking thing from the Sub-Mariner Initiative?  I vaguely remember them trying to pass that off as armor.

@gambit987:   You're right.  Namor shouldn't be wearing any pants at all. :) "
found this scan from issue #37, i don't know what volume. i think im just nostalgic for this since this is one of the first comics i bought. and i believe every male superhero should wear pants. "
Gotcha!  Yes, that's what I meant by the Neptune Armor.  It's from the 90s title Namor, on Jae Lee's run.  He's actually wearing his green scale trunks, but since it was the 90s, they made everyone wear a thong / speedo.

This armor has really grown on me.  I think the spikes are a bit too much and could be toned down, but I love all the engraving on the armor.  You keep trying to make sense of all the swirls, and then notice there's little skulls -- it's cool!  I'd love to see someone try their hand at it now.
#16 Posted by gunjin (714 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rheged: yeah i could do away with some of the 90-isms. but i still don't like the trunks on top or showing through. does that mean the black portions of his pants are really chaps? too purple rain Prince-ish versus lord of atlantis prince-ish. i'd love to see jae lee redraw this, as his style now puts him on my top 10 list easy.
#17 Posted by Rheged (605 posts) - - Show Bio
@gunjin:   YES!  That would be fantastic!  I definitely prefer Jae Lee's more modern version of Namor.

LOL!  I don't think the gray black on his legs are chaps.  In other panels it looks more like superhero tights, but with some texture.  I always thought they were shark skin or something like that.  But yes, with the green speedos over them.  Just like pics of Cap look like he has trunks over his tights.  The gray black on his legs and neck, however, are a colorist error.  All the other panels have his arms and legs bare.
#18 Posted by EudesFernandes (11 posts) - - Show Bio

i like this new costume its cool

#19 Posted by Rheged (605 posts) - - Show Bio

Then you'll probably be happy with his look in the new ongoing.

#20 Posted by monsterstudio (39 posts) - - Show Bio

meh i'm not real keen on the whole namor suit . 
#21 Posted by Rheged (605 posts) - - Show Bio

One day I'm going to write up an argument for the speedo.  :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.