Namor In The New FF Arc

#1 Posted by Jake Fury (18620 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone reading the new FF arc? Namor seems to be back to some of his old ways here...

#2 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

If by old ways, you mean defending his people, I'd say heck ya!   I really enjoyed Hickman's take on Namor.  I wish Epting would quit drawing Namor so old and grumpy looking, though.

#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Back where he belongs then... but I doubt it'll be a permanent move.  I just can't accept him as a leading member of the X-Men... 

#4 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Namor's not moving to the FF book -- I believe Alex Alonso said recently he's with the X-Men for the long haul.  Though I don't see how he belongs with the FF.  There's no role in that book for anyone that isn't a member of the FF, and Namor's not going that route again.  That said, I don't particularly care for him in the X-Men books either, especially since, despite what editorial and some writers say, I don't see him playing any kind of leading role at all in the X-Men.  He gets to sit around with the rest of the X-cast and make Scott look good.  Both he and Magneto are completely wasted in UXM.

I think Namor's world and history are rich enough, that he should have his own, unconnected book, like Thor.  There's lots of stuff going on in the Marvel U now, that are directly connected to Namor and Atlantis, but I fear, because his book is now tied into X-events, he'll miss out on. :(

#5 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm with Babs about his own book. I can't stand him in the FF, but I love him with the X-Men. I think it's a pretty logical move. 

#6 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, in the FF, he seems to limited to playing the role of Reed's rival, and that puts him and Susan on rocky ground as far as likeability for some folks.

I'm glad to hear that.  Many X-fans don't feel that way, and I sometimes wonder if putting Namor in the X-books backfired and actually cost readers.  I would be happier with him in the X-Men if he was actually used.  But I think this is also a common complaint among X-fans about their own favorite characters not getting enough page time.

#7 Posted by JReed2008 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I think that his talents would be best used by the Avengers. But unfortunately he's stuck with the X-men for right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.