Namor as the villain in Iron Man 3?

#1 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/01/28/iron-man-3-villain-rumor-prince-namor-the-sub-mariner/

So while the Mandarin and The Ghost are possibilities, we think there might be another possibility. As already mentioned, Marvel Studios is shooting in a coastal town in a facility that boasts a special effects water tank as one of its selling point. The location lends itself to a water-based villain, which got us thinking.
In Iron Man 2, there were several easter eggs involving Atlantis, which led to lots of speculation that Prince Namor, the Sub-Mariner would be appearing in an upcoming Marvel Studios film. There have also been reports that a giant sea creature called Leviathan will make an appearance in The Avengers, which has led to speculation about Atlantis and Prince Namor, the Sub-Mariner in that movie as well.

Of course, this is all just speculation, but if this is the closest thing to a Namor movie, I'm down.

#2 Posted by War Killer (20209 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be interesting actually.

#3 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7853 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor needs some big screen action.

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I think he'd be great in a Captain America or Hulk movie, but I'll settle for Iron Man.

#5 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

He should have been in the Captain America movie, so they could set up their WWII relationship and the Invaders.  Sadly, that didn't happen.  But like others have said, I'll settle for Iron Man, IF they do Namor right.

#6 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:

That would be interesting actually.

#7 Posted by noggin_the_nog (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Just so long as it's not another crazy guy in a suit of armour! Namor could easily match Iron Man's strength and endurance and he has a history of going mad and smashing things. There could be some weird Atlantean tech that's going to submerge NewYork or something. Plus if they think Ghost Rider and Thor are believeable enough for movies then why not Namor?

#8 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

if namor gets villian spot i wont be watching ironman 3

#9 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

@luckydomino1 said:

if namor gets villian spot i wont be watching ironman 3

Oh, rubbish. You know you'll watch it regardless. Besides, it's more than likely that The Mandarin will be the primary villain. Namor might cameo or get an easter egg, but that's probably the extent of his presence in the film.

#10 Posted by space_coyote (1133 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would make more sense for him to be the villain in a Fantastic four reboot

#11 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the hell would Namor be in Iron Man 3?

#12 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

Why the hell would Namor be in Iron Man 3?

For the lulz.

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

Not interested.

#14 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

IMDB says the villain is Mandarin, so no Namor.

#15 Posted by ExtraLarge (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man 3 begins the setup to Avengers 2, so introducing a new character would make sense. Namor doesn't have to be the villain to be in the movie. Could be a small role like Black Widow in IM2, or could possibly be a full team-up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.