Follow

Namor

Character » Namor appears in 4967 issues.

Namor the Sub-Mariner is the ruler of undersea Atlantis. The offspring of a sea captain and an Atlantean princess, he has been both a hero and a villain to the surface world. Namor is one of Marvel's oldest published characters with his origins in the Golden Age of comics.

Namor an X-men? yes or no

havco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By havco

yes becaue I like namor and he looks like an x men sometimes.

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Agent Buttons

sure
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Watch Dog

It won't last. So what do you think Namor will do when he finds out Emma tricked him into thinking  Shaw was dead when he really is not?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By warlock360

yes

Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pulsar

Yes. I like the fact that he's embracing the fact that he's a mutant. Plus, it gives the X-Men another heavy hitter.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty

No.  He is his own character and doesn't need to be classed as an X-Man just because he was the first publicly identified 'mutant'.  If they want to create sexual tension or a rival in the Cyclops & Emma Frost relationship, they could do a lot better than a fish in green briefs.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Precise
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " No.  He is his own character and doesn't need to be classed as an X-Man just because he was the first publicly identified 'mutant'.  If they want to create sexual tension or a rival in the Cyclops & Emma Frost relationship, they could do a lot better than a fish in green briefs. "
    I agree with everything but the 'fish in green briefs' part :p

But seriously, no. Namor doesn't need to be a X-Man, he's always been an interesting character on his own and his main priority should be the well being of his own Atlantean people. Not the X-Men.
    drdanny10293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By drdanny10293
    @Agent Buttons said:
    "sure "
    Avatar image for beyondthebeyonder
    BeyondtheBeyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BeyondtheBeyonder

absolutely not. 

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Yung ANcient One

Um... he already is a X-Man...

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Yung ANcient One

... I say Yes... its OK... its actually cool with me... i mean finally people can see that hes actually a Mutant... and i mean... its alright... not gonna complain about it its a decent idea...IMO... and i kno people think hes "his own character" but same could be said about Wolverine... and being an "interesting character on his own" could also be said about everyone else thats a X-Man... i mean to a FANatic... Rouge is interesting by herself... and/or Rockslide... so again... its all a matter of opinion and for me... hes Ok...

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By John Valentine

No.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nova`Prime`

No he doesn't need to be a member of the X-Men, why because he's a mutant? So what he's the king of freaking Atlantis he has more important things to do then worry about the X-Men. I didn't understand the move away from "I am the king of Atlantis and your surface problems do not concern me." To "I want to help the X-Men." It makes no sense its a huge departure from the core character of the character. Besides we all now its going to end with him returning to Atlantis with a bigger disdain for the surface much like every time he comes to the surface to help the Avengers or F4.

ComiCCloseup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By ComiCCloseup
    @xerox-kitty:  
    Agree. 

"better than a fish in green briefs. "     

Also hillarious.

mightiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By mightiness

I absolutely hate the idea of Namor being an X-men. He is a hybrid of two races, not necessarily an actual mutant. I really hate Matt Fraction's run on Uncanny and this is exactly one of the reasons why. Namor is much better served being either and Invader, Avenger or Defender than an X-men. Lame lame lame.

RavenDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By RavenDark

Only if he establishes a mutant monarchy, kicks Cyclops and the White Queen of their pedestal, sits on his throne and yells:

"IMPERIUS REX! I DO NOT TAKE ORDERS FROM YOU! YOU DO FROM ME!" 

No Caption Provided
    spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spiderguylll

Namor is as much of an X-Man as Magneto

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Caligula
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " No.  He is his own character and doesn't need to be classed as an X-Man just because he was the first publicly identified 'mutant'.  If they want to create sexual tension or a rival in the Cyclops & Emma Frost relationship, they could do a lot better than a fish in green briefs. "
    gotta disagree. Namor is an X-Man. and would do better as one.
    He was one of Marvel's first characters. and He hasn't gotten enough attention, and for some reason his books just don't sell. I think He being part of the X-Men, will help increase his character reputation and plus he is a better character than about 75% of the X-Men cast anyway.
    the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the_fallen11

I say yes

Knox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Knox

No

Adam683

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Adam683
    @spiderguylll said:
    "Namor is as much of an X-Man as Magneto "

Agreed! All tho i am loving him in Second comming, and Magneto isnt a mutant anymore, he was repowered by the High Elolutionary.
    Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lustwish

No, he belongs as an Avenger, as he always should or part-time anyway.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Magian

Let's see first if Marvel decides to keep it this way .
    mightiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mightiness

I absolutely hate Namor as an X-men. To me this makes about as much sense as Wolverine as an Avenger. Namor is a Monarch a Defender, an Invader, and an Avenger but I certainly can't stand him being an X-men. Personally I think Matt Fractions entire run on X-men is probably one of the weakest since Chuck Austen and that is saying a lot. The X-men use to be Marvel's strongest franchise and feature usually their best writers and artist. Currently I think it features the weakest in both areas. I would really like to see someone else kinda come in and overhaul the franchise. But hey I'm just one fan and that is my opinion.

Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rheged

I have to say, I'm glad they put Namor on the X-Men, but only because it meant I got to see more of him.  And I think his exposure from joining the X-Men is part of the reason why he's getting his own book, which I am all for.

Fictionally, it makes little sense to me, especially at this time, with Atlanteans scattered across the globe.  Had they done something with Namor and Emma or if Namor and Doom had some sort of plan that required it, I think it would have been cool.  Unfortunately, neither has happened.  His few appearances on the X-books have been handled in a neglectful or lazy fashion, for the most part.  There have been a few nice moments, but most of the time, he's either relegated to wall paper status or written completely out of character.  Seriously.  The Avenging Son does NOT sit at a table with a bunch of snot nosed mutants and whine to Wolverine about Iceman making dolphin porking jokes.  WTF?! 

mightiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mightiness
    @Rheged: 
    This is really my biggest criticism the have Namor join only to be a bit player. What have the really done with him? Nothing really IMO. He basically replaced Northstar as a background character standing around in the background.
    Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rheged
    @mightiness:  X-Men has an abundance of great characters that are being treated as bit players.  I mean .. Magneto?!  Why bring back such a powerhouse, only to keep him practically bedridden?

Namor has had the column supporting Utopia built and has run around yelling "Imperius Rex! in the battles."  He got to snark a few times.  I'm not sure why I'm so eager for the confrontation with Emma over Sebastian Shaw being alive, because I have a feeling it will be short, be all about Cyclops, and be as flat as a pancake. :(   I'm so happy Namor is getting his own book, so I don't have settle for his X-book appearances.
    Avatar image for darkwolverineusmc
    darkwolverineUSMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

Why not. My only problem is that mutants carry the X-factor gene, Namor doesn't I beleive. I think it's the fact that he's an hybrid that they consider him a mutant.
    Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rheged

Namor does carry the X-Gene.  He's been considered a mutant since X-Men #6, back in 1964.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Bestostero

well he certainly wears the uniform well...lol

Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rheged
    @xhavoc86:   Heh ... well, I certainly won't argue with that.  ;)
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By PowerHerc
    @Precise said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    I agree with everything but the 'fish in green briefs' part :p  But seriously, no. Namor doesn't need to be a X-Man, he's always been an interesting character on his own and his main priority should be the well being of his own Atlantean people. Not the X-Men. "

Precisely!
    Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Rheged

Yep, I have to agree on Namor's main business should be the Atlanteans.  And from the first issue, it appears some of the Atlanteans agree with that too, and aren't too happy with having to help the mutants.

Hmmmm.  I'm curious who folks think could be a better rival for Emma Frost's attentions?  I thought the sexual tension between Namor and Susan Richards in Fantastic Four 1234 and in Civil War was pretty amazing.  And I'm not even a fan of that relationship!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.