Is anything going to happen to Namor's powers?

#1 Posted by God_Spawn (37882 posts) - - Show Bio

I just finished reading the New Avengers issues 1-2 and no mentions of Namor's powers acting up. I haven't heard anything in solicitations about it either. So do you guys think something will happen with his abilities? Is it perhaps being Atlantean and having some genetic differences will make him immune to the side effects that the others have faced? I mean Cyclops' blasts have gone into overdrive. Emma has no telepathy. Magik is amped up. Colossus can't maintain his form or else he looks like a giant jigsaw puzzle. And even Magneto because he got hit and his powers are out of whack. So why not Namor? And if so, what do you think will happen to him? Why do you think he might not be effected?

#2 Posted by frozenedge (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

He might spontaneously lose the ability to breathe underwater, lose his strength. Those are my guesses

#3 Posted by catfightfan (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is an interesting character. Maybe a loss of some of his powers will make him more attractive to his beloved Sue Storm and bring them closer together?

#4 Posted by DJ1107 (244 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge: His mutant powers are those wings on his ankles if anything he'll probably lose his power to fly either that or lose his groove on try to bang blondes

#5 Edited by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's his mutant powers, it should be his strength and flight. No idea on some of his lesser used powers like electric eel mimicry -- though that and sea life empathy seem more connected to his Atlantean heritage. Ditto his ability to channel all the magic of Atlantis.

Of course, this appears to be a moot question, as Bendis doesn't appear to be using Namor in the X-books, and Hickman seems to have no interest in Namor's mutant abilities or anything Bendis did to them.

#6 Posted by Imperius_Rex (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he could always upgrade. Like magik. Stronger? Faster? Maybe he will develop some crazy water Hand ability!? Nah that's just stupid...

#7 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh ... water hand. ;p

An upgrade would be cool, like hydrokinesis, but I think from the newest solicitations, there's a specific reason why Magik is the only one that got an upgrade.

#8 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor will lose his power of sleeping with other peoples wives and girlfriends......... 

#9 Posted by Z3RO180 (6542 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as I know his only mutant ability is being able to fly so he might lose that. Also there's the fact that he didn't have the phionix force for a long time so maybe since he only had the power for a short he does not have any side effects.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.