Could A Namor Movie Be Coming Soon?

• 80 results
#51 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

meh, they'd have to change his costume.

#52 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio

the artist has come out and said its his work. someone took it and put it on facebook. But ya it is fake

#53 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:
" @TheMess1428 said:
" I don't know about him having his own movie but it would be a great idea for him to have an appearance in either CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER or FANTASTIC FOUR 3. "
second that notion, both excellent starting points for an introduction. I'd love to see a live cgi of the torch discovering who he is and giving him the flame shave he did. "
Captain America would be sweet. Not Fantastic four, We don't need Fox owning the rights to Namor.
@TheMess1428 said:
" I actually read an interview from CBM with Joe Johnston saying that Namor will be in Captain America and without wings. "

No, That actually didnt happen ha ha. the question was "will Namor have wings?" and the responce was "No". But this is a stupid question because it still does not confirm whether or not namor will be in the movie. the question should have been "Will we see Namor in the movie?" But by Joe johnston saying no to him having no wings still does not confirm if he is in the movie or not, to me it sounding like he was just humoring the interviewer. Saying no to his question knowing fully he wont be in the movie at all. people like to jump to conclutions on CBM. It would be awesome if he was in Captain America, but I really don't see it happening. P,lus i'm pretty sure Universal still own the rigt to Namor, so they would have to work out some kind of distribution deal with universal like they did with Hulk, but it is still Paramount that will be distributing Captain America, so I think thats the problem and that would have influence in Captain America to not have Namor in it.
But we can still hope! ha ha
#54 Posted by irvine1345 (36 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rheged: oh yea! that could work. Idk about his acting abilities because ive never seen him before...but that looks alrite. :D
#55 Posted by irvine1345 (36 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy: haha oh yes, and the guys behind him too..! XD
#56 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@irvine1345:
and just about anyone from that show 
if ever there was a bloodier, naked-er, more orgy havin' show about hot, muscle slaves....I dont' think I'd be able to handle it 
oh Spartacus: Blood and Sand, you are pure WIN
#57 Posted by merkasylum (4 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought it was already confirmed he was in Cap? 
I've been hoping for a Namor movie for YEARS.  It could be such a great flic if done right. Dark, otherworldly contrasted with the 'surface world'.  
And a fantastic but bizarre actor to do it.  A powerful intensity.  None of these fluff actors who would do better on the WB or Disney.  Someone with chops.

#58 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

fan art

#59 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (1975 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there really any actors who could be Namor? Maybe a new comer should be Namor. Probably the best thing for now.

#60 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

A thread about Namor not posted by Babs... what's going on here?!?! lol
#61 Posted by digpick (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Its about time

#62 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd much rather see a Moon Knight or even Black Panther movie, Namor never really interested me.

#63 Posted by Sobe Cin (599 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt:
or an Aquaman tv show.......
#64 Edited by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy said:

" @Rheged said:

" @irvine1345:   I'm not so sure the look is as important as the acting ability and the attitude.  I think this fellow could pull it off.

"
oh god how I love Crixus he should be in every movie "

Heh ... It certainly would give me a reason to go see more movies.

@irvine1345 said:

" @Rheged: oh yea! that could work. Idk about his acting abilities because ive never seen him before...but that looks alrite. :D "

First season just came out on DVD.  I was going to wait till my library got it in, but now I think I need this on my shelf for multiple viewing. :)
#65 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Unexpected!
This could be pretty fun if well done!

#66 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

I think an Aquaman movie should be made first =/

#67 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

That's DC failure to expand their movie universe properly.   Besides, Namor was created before Aquaman, so of course, he deserves too hit the movie theater first.

#68 Posted by Namor1987 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that movie would be ill if they got the right actor for the lead role & it was done properly

#69 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read a few rumors of Pixar being interested in Marvel properties, and I can help but think Namor would an idea choice all around, since the under water scenes are such a difficult.

Well, except for Namor being such non-kid friendly, d**k at times.

#70 Posted by foxglove (77 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd actually be more interested in a Namor movie than I am in the Thor movie that's on the way.

#71 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as Fox doesn't produce it, I think this could work. If they do, be prepared for Carrot Top in a speedo with cheap CGI ankle-wings.

#72 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadow_Thief:    Aauuuugh! Thank you so much.  What a horrible image to go to sleep on.  I'm blaming you for any nightmares I might have. O_o
#73 Posted by G-Man (31631 posts) - - Show Bio

Still no comment from Babs...guess she's keeping her thoughts to herself.

Staff
#74 Posted by LordTaronji101 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they create this, or even an animated feature would be good. I actually think the animated feature would be better, it would be hard to do anything else.  
Although that could help the upcoming captain america flick. 

We'll have to wait and see. 

BOBO OUT

#75 Posted by Casket (311 posts) - - Show Bio

set back in ww2 hopefully

#76 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

Let the Avengers take its course...Namor I am pretty sure will be at least mentioned and brieftly touch on.  If it flies...I think he will be in the Sequel for sure and if enough is generated even after the first Avengers...I think he will be a shoe in. 

#77 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Eyz said:
" Unexpected! This could be pretty fun if well done! "
#78 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe we can see Namor throwing a table at Apocalypse.

#79 Posted by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

The fellow that created the mysterious fan poster that was yanked off Facebook has explained what happened and put up some more posters and a fan video at Comic Book Movie.  I don't agree with his casting choice, but I thought they looked pretty good.

#80 Posted by TheIncredibleNightcrawler1999 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be AWESOME!!!! And also, Aquaman is definitely the most useless being in the comics omniverse, passing even Flatman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.