Follow

Namekians

Team » Namekians appears in 117 issues.

A powerful but peaceful race in the Dragonball Universe.

Varity of Namekians

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

Edited By Hazlenaut

It is hard to believe but all the praise Dragon Ball has gotten, there things that are forgotten. Things that dragon fan should have known but are so much in denial. The Dragon Ball showed that Namek can have different physical anatomy like being a gargoyle or bloated creature. One of the many changes that needed if Dragon Ball series were to have a proper reboot is that we see different variety of Namakians. Are Pikkon on or any lord slug minions considered namakians.

We let it slide in namek since they were by themselves so they could have many ideas, but there in other planets with Dragon Balls meaning there were other Namakians. This again is more evidence of Dragon Ball GT was bad continuation. This is something could have been more explored in a proper reboot for years later.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I don't think the idea of the Namekians was fleshed out during Dragon Ball. There really is no explanation for King Piccolo's mutated "children."

While he was green, Pikkon was not a Namekian. Very different features (not to mention power level and abilities) and was from a completely different section of the universe. Lord Slug's henchmen were just aliens, as Slug did much like Frieza did with recruiting and taking over worlds. Either way, all of them were anime only characters.

I always liked the Namekians. The problem was all the warrior Namekians were all wiped out. That's what makes Nail and Piccolo so cool. If there were more, it wouldn't be as interesting. It would be overload, like what happened with the Saiyans.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hazlenaut

@jloneblackheart: I may need rewatch and reread original dragonball but I remember King Piccolo spitting eggs of his minions, so they would be considered Namekians. They was also talk of a few travel across universe. That also leave evidence for Pikkon to be Namekin. Different feature mean nothing Namekins were considered demons in the original Dragon Ball and King Piccolo was thought to be the devil.

As for the Saiyans were overload when they allowed to have next level forms which made it unbalance plot device.They already have enough abilities as it is. That is why there was always debate with Goku with Silver age superman in every forum in the the internet.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@Hazlenaut: He did spit them out as eggs, just like he did when he made Piccolo Jr. They just never got around to explaining why they appeared different. Like I said, I think this was because Toriyama had no idea that one day he would write about the planet Namek and it's people. Before this, it was never even said that King Piccolo, Kami or Piccolo were even aliens, let alone from a place called Namek.

All the other Namekians, despite their build, all had uniform features and abilities. Guru created all the Namekians on Namek after the Great Cataclysm, produced asexually as King Piccolo did, yet they all shared a similar appearance.

The only reference to Namekians on other planets was that of the Nameless Namekian traveling to Earth (who split into King Piccolo and Kami) and in the non-canon movie with Lord Slug, where the Super Nameks were expelled from the planet. I'd bet anything that Pikkon is not a Namek. I think they made him similar to Piccolo so they could rehash that rivalry Goku had with Piccolo before he turned good. He even used weighted clothing like Piccolo, but had a different head shape, lips, spots, etc. Plus, way more powerful than any Namekian.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hazlenaut

@jloneblackheart: they shown an image of Dragon Balls guardians there were six others who also had dragon balls. This raised the question of GT. Whenever there is talk about gt a big flaw can be found.

Pikkon was trained in the other world. everyone gets more powerful. There was a character that can run circles around Goku. The only reason goku can turn Super Sayein 3 was by other world training which I have to say the advantage the Buu saga had over the Cell saga. Pikkon is a rehash many thought he was Piccolo before they saw him. I guess he should be considered material that is up for grabs if they ever do a reboot.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@Hazlenaut: I didn't watch the majority of DBGT. Couldn't stomach it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.