Who is your favourite Mystique rebecca romijn or Jenifer Lawrence

#1 Posted by cameronstear (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is your favourite Mystique rebecca romijn or Jenifer Lawrence tell me

#2 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Rebecca Romijn had more of a "presence". Maybe it has to do with character development? I'm not sure

But Rebecca had her snake-like moves down perfectly, and Jennifer was just....young

#3 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't really sold on either, but between the two I guess I'd go with Rebecca Romijn. She at least got the sinister/deadly aspects of the character down fairly well.

#4 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Rebecca better but since its a little older movie her fighting was kind of lamer then the new one but I like them both.

#5 Posted by timelord786 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked Jennifer.

I though she played a young mystique brilliantly as she showed how she stuck between two sides.

#6 Posted by Joygirl (18445 posts) - - Show Bio

Lawrence to me, has always been overrated. Pretty face, mediocre actor. Romijn I thought did a marvelous job, however. She is my pick.

#7 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

gotta say neither, mainly cause i've always hated the nude scaley oily haired design they went for.

#8 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6089 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69 said:

gotta say neither, mainly cause i've always hated the nude scaley oily haired design they went for.

I kind of agree. I'd have much preferred her to be wearing some clothes when she's in her blue form.

I haven't read loads of her comics, but I've read most of her solo series, and a few X-Factors, and the film versions of her don't really look right. Was she ever scaly in the comics?

But if I had to pick, Rebecca Romijn.

#9 Posted by Joygirl (18445 posts) - - Show Bio

Bah, I already posted on this 9 days ago. I wanted to comment again. Well -- I will anyway! Romijn!

#10 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Rebecca Romijn made Mystique the best part of the X-Men films.

#11 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

rebbeca romijn. although, jennifer lawrence did  add some humanity to the young mystique.

#12 Posted by save.me.now (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Rebecca Romijn. Whenever I see somewhere else like Chuck or NTSD:SF:SUV I always think of mystique. She was a great casting choice. I did like J-Law for young mystique though. She really made her mystique distinct from Romijn, much more emotional and vulnerable. I kinda wanna see what events in the movie timeline lead to her becoming the badass Romijn version.

#13 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Jennifer Lawrence is just a much better actress overall. More character and less generic vamp.

#14 Posted by poisonfleur (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously--- someone point out how Jennifer Lawrence is ANYTHING like Mystique????

Sure Rebecca's Mystique isn't as vocal as comic Mystique, but she was Amazing overall.

#15 Edited by lerijiso (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe JLaw had better material and is probably the more accomplished actress (at the time this is written) but Romijn is still the better Mystique in terms of appearance. She looked comparably better in blue. She was a fashion model and has the better body proportion when nude with those incredible long legs of hers. I love JLaw as an actress but in this case, Rebecca wins hands down.

#16 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Rebecca Romjin as Mystique. She had the physique (rhymes!), the ruthless personality, and will always remain the definitive movie Mystique for me.

That being said, I prefer Jennifer Lawrence's human form. :D

#17 Posted by bellaardila92 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Rebecca Romijin Mystique she is so badass and sexy

#18 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

Rebecca Romijin Mystique she is so badass and sexy

she's my favorite version of mystique. too bad they couldn't replace rogue and make her more like the 90's x-men cartoon.

#19 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11035 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Jennifer Lawrence but Rebecca Romijin was perfect in the role for what she was given.

#20 Posted by Xwraith (15153 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

That being said, I prefer Jennifer Lawrence's human form. :D

Having her AND Rose Byrne in the same movie probably swayed my opinion of First Class.

#21 Posted by fodigg (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

Jennifer Lawrence definitely presented the more rounded character, but, come on, have mercy.

#22 Edited by antwjohnson (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally Rebecca is by far better. Jennifer is not comfortable with the role as that is ok as a young Mystique. Rebecca has the lithe and mystical qualities that the role requires and is a much more an authentic polished actress . Jennifer is great at playing herself. Becoming someone else requires more training. I love Jennifer's awkwardness as the young Mystique but am anxious to see a more mature Mystique return and Rebecca is fantastic at playing that role. She was my favorite in all of the XMen. But now with Jennifer I have other favorites. I love what Bryan Singer has done with the XMen film series!!! Absolutely brilliant!

#23 Posted by flameboy298 (1626 posts) - - Show Bio

Becca.

#24 Edited by hyperman (274 posts) - - Show Bio

rebbeca romijn : mysterious, sexy, femme fatale, powerful, beautiful, do i need to say anything else??

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.