Should Mystique be a Batman villain

#1 Posted by jedd (71 posts) - - Show Bio

i was playing Arkham Asylum the other day and i was at the bit with poison ivy and i realised Mystique would make a much better batman villain than an x man villain. If only DC had thought of her first anyone agree???

#2 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#3 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18857 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be absurd.. No

#4 Posted by King Saturn (224454 posts) - - Show Bio
Naw I dont think so...
#5 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Mystique has developed because of her connections to the X-Men.  She'd be a vastly different character in the DCU.  So, 'no'.

#7 Posted by jedd (71 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah but i think shes written quite poorly because shes tied with the mutants.
#8 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18857 posts) - - Show Bio
@jedd said:
" yeah but i think shes written quite poorly because shes tied with the mutants. "

Well Mystique is a mutant....
#9 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not understand how you came to the conclusion that she would make a much better Batman villain. That just seems sort of random to me. What does she have in common with Poison Ivy outside of being a sexy female? I’m just not seeing any logic behind this. Not to mention Batman already has a metamorphic character in Clayface.    

#10 Posted by jedd (71 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it was when ivy put on a deep voice it reminded me of mystique in x men evolution and I kind of just thought.
#11 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84702 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, I think Mystique in the DCU/Gotham would be badass. Then again I think most Marvel Street Level villains would be cool in the DCU. Taskmaster is one that comes to mind.

Online
#12 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" I don't know, I think Mystique in the DCU/Gotham would be badass. Then again I think most Marvel Street Level villains would be cool in the DCU. Taskmaster is one that comes to mind. "
I think most characters would be a lot better if they were freed from their ridiculously heavy histories.  Mystique would be so much better if they stopped trying to connect her to every mutant who ever lived... And stayed consistent with her character, instead of bouncing her around as evil, good, evil, good, evil, and all around again...
#13 Edited by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84702 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

" @Gambler said:

" I don't know, I think Mystique in the DCU/Gotham would be badass. Then again I think most Marvel Street Level villains would be cool in the DCU. Taskmaster is one that comes to mind. "

I think most characters would be a lot better if they were freed from their ridiculously heavy histories.  Mystique would be so much better if they stopped trying to connect her to every mutant who ever lived... And stayed consistent with her character, instead of bouncing her around as evil, good, evil, good, evil, and all around again... "
I couldn't agree more. I mean, isn't she the mother of Graydon Creed (Maybe that was something else. She did sleep with Sabretooth though)? As a mercenary/villain I've always liked Mystique.
 
 
Edit: Nevermind about Graydon Creed lol
Online
#14 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
"I couldn't agree more. I mean, isn't she the mother of Graydon Creed (Maybe that was something else. She did sleep with Sabretooth though)? As a mercenary/villain I've always liked Mystique.   Edit: Nevermind about Graydon Creed lol "
Well, that's pretty much it.  She's mother to Graydon, Nightcrawler and Rogue, and slept with Sabretooth, Wolverine & Iceman... and I'm pretty sure during one of her many mentally unstable periods she most likely slept with Forge as well... and Destiny (depending on whether you believe the rumours).  She doesn't need to be connected to so many characters either maternally or sexually.  She's pretty amazing on her own without all the unnecessary baggage.
#15 Posted by jedd (71 posts) - - Show Bio

i think shes being written well in  the new dark x men series
#16 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman already  has a "Mystique" in Jane Doe.

#17 Posted by jedd (71 posts) - - Show Bio

jane doe has done nothing.

#18 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"Mystique would be so much better if they stopped trying to connect her to every mutant who ever lived... And stayed consistent with her character, instead of bouncing her around as evil, good, evil, good, evil, and all around again... "

Couldn't agree more.
#19 Posted by ahimsadawn (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Batman would be up to a fight with Mystique.  No offense to the Bat--he's still my favorite lead hero.

#20 Posted by darthfury78 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

Mystique should be a Spider-Man villain. Pure and simple.

#21 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@ahimsadawn said:

I don't think Batman would be up to a fight with Mystique. No offense to the Bat--he's still my favorite lead hero.

yeah lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.