Mystique's reaction

#1 Edited by KumoriKunoichi (588 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

if it doesn't get addressed i'll be pissed.

#3 Posted by JediXMan (27918 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" if it doesn't get addressed i'll be pissed. "
Same here.

PS: Might want to warn about spoilers. Not everyone has read X-Force #25.
#4 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

How come Rogue didn't have more of one? That was her "brother" after all and she was front and center when it happened.

#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized: Isn't she still in the back alley where the fight took place? 

Anyway, didn't Mystique try to kill both Nightcrawler & Rogue in the past?  She's hardly the maternal type :p
#6 Posted by KumoriKunoichi (588 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry about not adding that, I actually didn't know how to do that, but thank you.

#7 Posted by JediXMan (27918 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" How come Rogue didn't have more of one? That was her "brother" after all and she was front and center when it happened. "
Didn't she fall unconscious right after she saw what happened? There wasn't time yet. Probably next issue.

#8 Posted by Kastiel (8919 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think she would really care. It would surprise me if she does.

#9 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kastiel said:
" I don't think she would really care. It would surprise me if she does. "
Quoted for the truth.
#10 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

In x-men no one cares who theyre related to besides colossus.

#11 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @pixelized: Isn't she still in the back alley where the fight took place?  Anyway, didn't Mystique try to kill both Nightcrawler & Rogue in the past?  She's hardly the maternal type :p "
@JediXMan said:
" @pixelized said:
" How come Rogue didn't have more of one? That was her "brother" after all and she was front and center when it happened. "
Didn't she fall unconscious right after she saw what happened? There wasn't time yet. Probably next issue.

"
I remember her tearing up but not much after that.

Mystique is Hot and Cold with her children. I think this would sadden her. 

How come Destiny didn't mention this to Rogue in Necrosha?? Then rogue could have jumped in and died instead. Woot Woot.
#12 Posted by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, if you picked Nightcrawler to die in Ultimate Alliance 1, she was pissed and killed Prof X. I don't know if that means anything.
#13 Edited by JediXMan (27918 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by danhimself (21898 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue will probably be upset but they've never really had a brother/sister relationship and for that matter Nightcrawler and Mystique have never had a mother/son relationship either..... 

#15 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she should freak the crap out and go on a killing spree. Then we can either get an evil version come back from Limbo or something or a version resurrected by Layla miller without a soul....so either way an evil version.

#16 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

i expected them to show a panel with her in it reacting to the news in the last issue of second coming

#17 Posted by sora_thekey (8105 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if they address it or not, it seems like the set up for the death was meant to end quickly... as in it might not be addressed later on in the story arc since the funeral has happened...

#18 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course she would be upset, but i'm pretty sure she would take it out in anger lol

#19 Posted by Mutant God (2998 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"Of course she would be upset, but i'm pretty sure she would take it out in anger lol "

She would take it out on Hope
#20 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

She would be like Oh MY GOD! o wait wrong son nevermind
#21 Edited by AetherMaster (65 posts) - - Show Bio

This situation can potentially occur in the game Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Let's just say Mystique was NOT happy. And it's considered the worse of two scenarios, the other of which has Jean becoming Dark Phoenix.

#22 Posted by waldenphil (1 posts) - - Show Bio

All of Mystique's relationships (save with Destiny) have been a bit, how shall we say...ambiguous.  Maybe part of it is that she's always working with multiple layers of fake identities and loses track of which feelings are genuine and which aren't; maybe part of it is that she resents any genuine care she has for anyone becuase it makes her vulnerable (esp. after Destiny's death).  I know it's fashionable to paint her as just a conniving femme fatale, but consider her more valiant (if sometimes confused and selfish) actions: 
--she's trying to save Wolverine's behind right now despite his having hunted her down, left her for dead and suggesting she kill herself because her life was worthless 
--she tried to break up Rogue and Gambit's relationship because she didn't think Gambit was worthy of her and didn't want to see him end up using her like he has others before; she even went so far as to try to set Rogue up with someone who could negate her powers 
--on several occasions, she's spared Iceman's life when she could have easily killed him 
--she kidnapped Hope, betrayed the X-Men, and murdered Mr. Sinister, all of which can, and have, had significant repercussions for her, because she thought she needed to do so to save Rogue
--she has repeatedly shown that she would like to make amends with both Rogue and Nightcrawler for her past mistreatment 
Most telling of all, WAY back when I first started to collect comics, and they were just hinting at the possibility of a relationship between her and Nightcrawler, she demonstrated in something like a "danger room" scenario her ready willingness to kill any of the X-Men (even Rogue), but held back when it came to Nightcrawler. 
Let's face it, Mystique is by no means a nice person, but she's not totally heartless.  Yes, she tossed the infant Nightcrawler off a cliff hoping to kill him, and yes, for totally selfish reasons; but let's not forget that at the time she was terrified and in rather immediate danger of being murdered, and let's not forget that she HAS expressed remorse over having done so.  Given this, my suspicion is that Nightcrawler's death will hit her especially hard.  They two never came to more than an awkward reconciliation, and with Nightcrawler dead, she's now in a position where she can NEVER make right what she did to him.  I definitely agree with those who think this might drive her to revenge against Hope (since Mystique does have a tendency to blame the wrong people); though if the writers are smart, I think this should affect her relationship with Rogue.  It's in piss-poor condition right now, but Rogue is all Mystique has left.  I could easily see her becoming so overprotective of Rogue that she starts, in typical Mystique fashion, "protecting" her from Gambit, Magneto, the X-Men, etc...

#23 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno, but she should tape her reaction & put it up on youtube =P

#24 Posted by jaxthejester_2014 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

Shame this one was never circled back too. It's interesting to read how folk's thought Mystique would react to Kurt's death.

She did, IMO, show prior glimmers of concern.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.