Is Mystique the most popular female villain in Marvel Comics?

#1 Posted by jhazzroucher (15059 posts) - - Show Bio
By Godfrey Escota

I wanna know everybody elses opinion cos I think she is.

#2 Posted by Teerack (5321 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like it might be Viper. I love mystique tho.

#3 Posted by jhazzroucher (15059 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

I feel like it might be Viper. I love mystique tho.

how could Viper be when Mystique is quite popular in comics especially before and boost her popularity through x-films?

#4 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe her?

#5 Posted by DATNIGGA (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: do you know what issue that third picture is from?

#6 Posted by HexThis (880 posts) - - Show Bio

No way it's Enchantress or Viper. Mystique's been in movies, in TV, she has two action figures, her own solo series, she's on a variety of titles- she's the biggest bad chick.

#7 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

100%. She featured heavily in all X-Men animated shows and all X-Men films which definitely exposed her to the mass audience.

#8 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12495 posts) - - Show Bio

for once i can agree.

#10 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@HexThis said:

No way it's Enchantress or Viper. Mystique's been in movies, in TV, she has two action figures, her own solo series, she's on a variety of titles- she's the biggest bad chick.

#11 Edited by homosexuality (63 posts) - - Show Bio

its obviously mystique she been every media with xmen with shows movies more non comic fans .know of her then the other 2 and she gonna appear in another movie.

#12 Edited by SynCig (362 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it's probably Mystique and rightfully so imo.

#13 Posted by The Stegman (23008 posts) - - Show Bio

She's the only one I can think of.

#14 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah

#15 Edited by fodigg (6144 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks to her roles in the films, Mystique could quite possibly be Marvel's most recognizable female character. Storm, Jean Grey, and now Black Widow are the only other contenders. (Not counting the designated girlfriend characters. Or Elektra.)

#16 Posted by ubungqingili (73 posts) - - Show Bio

all hail the blue queen Mystique and obviously.

#17 Posted by Joygirl (18453 posts) - - Show Bio

Indubitably. Which is evidence that Marvel is severely lacking in female villains, since while Mystique is cool, she's only SO cool.

#18 Posted by Squares (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, man, Dark Phoenix.

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio

@queenfrost_ said:

100%. She featured heavily in all X-Men animated shows and all X-Men films which definitely exposed her to the mass audience.

This.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.