Follow

Mysterio

Character » Mysterio appears in 737 issues.

Mysterio was a formidable foe to Spider-Man. So much so that his arts of illusion were carried on by others after the original Mysterio's death. The original Mysterio, Quentin Beck, has recently returned. The events behind his resurrection are currently shrouded in mystery.

Mysterio in spidey films? What do you think?

Machival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Machival

I think Mysterio should be a new villain in one of the next three spidey films.. just coz he's so cool.

Captain Hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Captain Hazard

I 100% agree and I think Bruce Campell should play him.

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Lady Tlieso

yeah me too. i had heard that he was supposed to have had a small part in 3 but i know that wasn't the case now. maybe in the next one.

Machival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Machival

If he is in the movie i think it may be tricky to pull of the skin tight spandex though. they may have to re vamp the costume but like... keep the fishbowl head.

I don't know.. maybe do like what they did to Batman's costume in batman begins... give it some metallic textures or something.
    Post Edited:2007-05-28 03:27:09

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By The_Ghostshell

David Blaine should play him, he's got a creepy voice and he could pull off some cool illusions that wouldnt look like CGI.

Bane_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Bane_delete

that would be grand......

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

They must have the fish bowl head if they do it.

Machival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Machival

Haha.. if david blaine played mysterio his super power could be levitating 1 inch off the ground... LOOK OUT SPIDEY!

AquafireGal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AquafireGal

I hope Mysterio does appear in one of the Spidey films. He's such as classic Spidey villain. Got no idea who could play him though, lol.

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Octagon Enigma

I wanna see Rhyno, Lizard, and Mysterio. Maybe even Morbius, that'd be cool.

Machival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Machival

lizard is in the films already as dr conners... but weather hes gonna go jekyl/hyde on us in the cinema remains to be seen... there be rumours though (>¬¬)>

fear monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fear monger

they might

i dont see why not

The Villain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By The Villain

Mysterio has always been my fav Marvel character ever. A Spiderman film without him would be a shame he is a classic villain despite what others say about his appearance. His illusions could be used to make both Spidey and citizens become paranoid to such a big effect. Imagine if Mysterio wanted to battle Spiderman alone so he sets up a few amazing illusions say a tidal wave or huge killer bee invasion it could really cause panic so the city has to clearout. It may be costly but it would be a fine change to another mad scientist story.

His costume needs the dome its his trademark and I have never found it lame. No offence to Starwars fans but I find the dome more eerie than Darth Vaders mask. You can't see the face but he can see you.

Bring on Mysterio for Spiderman 4 with or without Lizard.

Quentin_Beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Quentin_Beck

I wouldn't be dissappointed if Beck appeared in the Spider-Man 2: Video Game costume. It would probably look better in a movie than the classic spandex.

I personally would rather see Mysterio in #5 than in Spider-Man 4. I think that Lizard really needs to be used, and Kraven would make a perfect secondary villain. You could have a basic Lizard story, Kraven comes to New York to catch him, Spidey tries to intervene. Several battles ensue (in which Spidey gets beaten on by Doc Conners as he tries to prevent Kraven killing his old friend and teacher). Eventually, after earning the hatred of nearly all of NY for seemingly helping Lizzy escape time and time again, the three have a final climactic battle in the sewers. Kraven kills Lizard, and the remainder of the movie becomes similar to Kraven's Last Hunt. Kraven finally throws himself from the window of his mansion (rather than shooting himself). As for the Parker side of the story, he and MJ finally set the wedding date.

With Spidey 5, our main villain is Mysterio. Quentin Beck and MJ's stalker could be combined into one character. MJ starts in showbiz, meets the handsome (intelligent, and incredibly shallow) special effects wiz, and Beck decides to try to woo her. After being rejected, Beck tries to kill her in a masive explosion on set. Spidey intervenes, Beck is exposed, and the villain tries to run for it. Beck tries to frame Spider-Man for a crime-spree, inclusding several attempts at MJs life, then answers the Bugles call to arms as Mysterio. After a long fight, Mysterio is revealed and flees again. The film climaxes with Beck kidnapping MJ, Spidey giving chase. After battling Mysterio (and all his previous villains in the form of hallucinations) on some bridge or other, Beck tries to kill MJ and is arrested as Spidey saves her. Looking in the rear-view mirror of the cop car bringing him to prison, Beck is enraged to see the couple alive. He comandeers the car and tries to run them down, but drives straight off the bridge when Spidey grabs his wife and leaps to safety. After several scenes of soppy mushy-goop (love scenes), the credits roll. At the end we see a Daily Bugle paper with the headline amounting to "Car Recovered; Body Missing" tossed aside as a trench-coat clad figure jogs down the steps into a subway station. Cutting to an aerial viw of the entrance, we see a familiar purple fog roll out and several screams. I bet you can guess who's back!

However, avital detail I overlooked is the potential introduction of Opening Credits Battles. In SM 4, Rhino trashes an armored car and fights Spidey. The near invulnerable villain is summarily defeated when he charges into a gasoline tank and knocks himself out, potentially landing in wet cement.

For a SM 5 opening battle, I was thinking Shocker blasts his way out of a bank with a wad of cash. He blasts a couple incoming cop cars out of the way (the occupants of said vehicles are saved by our favorite arachnid) and the criminal finds his face at the wrong end of a big red fist. He is launched back through the hole he made in the wall and into the safe.

Bookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Bookman

Quentin_Beck says:

"I wouldn't be dissappointed if Beck appeared in the Spider-Man 2: Video Game costume. It would probably look better in a movie than the classic spandex. I personally would rather see Mysterio in #5 than in Spider-Man 4. I think that Lizard really needs to be used, and Kraven would make a perfect secondary villain. You could have a basic Lizard story, Kraven comes to New York to catch him, Spidey tries to intervene. Several battles ensue (in which Spidey gets beaten on by Doc Conners as he tries to prevent Kraven killing his old friend and teacher). Eventually, after earning the hatred of nearly all of NY for seemingly helping Lizzy escape time and time again, the three have a final climactic battle in the sewers. Kraven kills Lizard, and the remainder of the movie becomes similar to Kraven's Last Hunt. Kraven finally throws himself from the window of his mansion (rather than shooting himself). As for the Parker side of the story, he and MJ finally set the wedding date. With Spidey 5, our main villain is Mysterio. Quentin Beck and MJ's stalker could be combined into one character. MJ starts in showbiz, meets the handsome (intelligent, and incredibly shallow) special effects wiz, and Beck decides to try to woo her. After being rejected, Beck tries to kill her in a masive explosion on set. Spidey intervenes, Beck is exposed, and the villain tries to run for it. Beck tries to frame Spider-Man for a crime-spree, inclusding several attempts at MJs life, then answers the Bugles call to arms as Mysterio. After a long fight, Mysterio is revealed and flees again. The film climaxes with Beck kidnapping MJ, Spidey giving chase. After battling Mysterio (and all his previous villains in the form of hallucinations) on some bridge or other, Beck tries to kill MJ and is arrested as Spidey saves her. Looking in the rear-view mirror of the cop car bringing him to prison, Beck is enraged to see the couple alive. He comandeers the car and tries to run them down, but drives straight off the bridge when Spidey grabs his wife and leaps to safety. After several scenes of soppy mushy-goop (love scenes), the credits roll. At the end we see a Daily Bugle paper with the headline amounting to "Car Recovered; Body Missing" tossed aside as a trench-coat clad figure jogs down the steps into a subway station. Cutting to an aerial viw of the entrance, we see a familiar purple fog roll out and several screams. I bet you can guess who's back! However, avital detail I overlooked is the potential introduction of Opening Credits Battles. In SM 4, Rhino trashes an armored car and fights Spidey. The near invulnerable villain is summarily defeated when he charges into a gasoline tank and knocks himself out, potentially landing in wet cement. For a SM 5 opening battle, I was thinking Shocker blasts his way out of a bank with a wad of cash. He blasts a couple incoming cop cars out of the way (the occupants of said vehicles are saved by our favorite arachnid) and the criminal finds his face at the wrong end of a big red fist. He is launched back through the hole he made in the wall and into the safe."

YOU should be the writer for the Spider-Man movies! That was excellent!

Quentin_Beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Quentin_Beck

Haha! Thanks.

Machival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Machival

I can totally see that script happening and you being all "Oh wtf, come on, that was mine" then end up sueing and becoming immortalised in Comic Vine History only to become a recluse as the bitter taste of destroying the spidey franchise takes grip. you then decide to exact your revenge on the whole production crew of spidey 5 blameing them as the catalyst of the whole predicament and then your stopped by... Deadpool. ha bet you didn't see that one comin.

but no seriously good job with the script.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I'm not much of a Mysterio fan. He's just not really a threat to Parker these days. I wish they stuck with the original costumes though.

beetle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By beetle

that will be cool

Avatar image for eddie_brock_venom
    Eddie Brock/Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda dislike mysterio because he isn't a threat but if he teamed up with another vilain ......

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Meteorite
    Bookman said:
    "

Quentin_Beck says:

"I wouldn't be dissappointed if Beck appeared in the Spider-Man 2: Video Game costume. It would probably look better in a movie than the classic spandex. I personally would rather see Mysterio in #5 than in Spider-Man 4. I think that Lizard really needs to be used, and Kraven would make a perfect secondary villain. You could have a basic Lizard story, Kraven comes to New York to catch him, Spidey tries to intervene. Several battles ensue (in which Spidey gets beaten on by Doc Conners as he tries to prevent Kraven killing his old friend and teacher). Eventually, after earning the hatred of nearly all of NY for seemingly helping Lizzy escape time and time again, the three have a final climactic battle in the sewers. Kraven kills Lizard, and the remainder of the movie becomes similar to Kraven's Last Hunt. Kraven finally throws himself from the window of his mansion (rather than shooting himself). As for the Parker side of the story, he and MJ finally set the wedding date. With Spidey 5, our main villain is Mysterio. Quentin Beck and MJ's stalker could be combined into one character. MJ starts in showbiz, meets the handsome (intelligent, and incredibly shallow) special effects wiz, and Beck decides to try to woo her. After being rejected, Beck tries to kill her in a masive explosion on set. Spidey intervenes, Beck is exposed, and the villain tries to run for it. Beck tries to frame Spider-Man for a crime-spree, inclusding several attempts at MJs life, then answers the Bugles call to arms as Mysterio. After a long fight, Mysterio is revealed and flees again. The film climaxes with Beck kidnapping MJ, Spidey giving chase. After battling Mysterio (and all his previous villains in the form of hallucinations) on some bridge or other, Beck tries to kill MJ and is arrested as Spidey saves her. Looking in the rear-view mirror of the cop car bringing him to prison, Beck is enraged to see the couple alive. He comandeers the car and tries to run them down, but drives straight off the bridge when Spidey grabs his wife and leaps to safety. After several scenes of soppy mushy-goop (love scenes), the credits roll. At the end we see a Daily Bugle paper with the headline amounting to "Car Recovered; Body Missing" tossed aside as a trench-coat clad figure jogs down the steps into a subway station. Cutting to an aerial viw of the entrance, we see a familiar purple fog roll out and several screams. I bet you can guess who's back! However, avital detail I overlooked is the potential introduction of Opening Credits Battles. In SM 4, Rhino trashes an armored car and fights Spidey. The near invulnerable villain is summarily defeated when he charges into a gasoline tank and knocks himself out, potentially landing in wet cement. For a SM 5 opening battle, I was thinking Shocker blasts his way out of a bank with a wad of cash. He blasts a couple incoming cop cars out of the way (the occupants of said vehicles are saved by our favorite arachnid) and the criminal finds his face at the wrong end of a big red fist. He is launched back through the hole he made in the wall and into the safe."

YOU should be the writer for the Spider-Man movies! That was excellent!

"
    Too true. And also I think that his voice should sound like it did in Ultimate Alliance, kinda robotic.
    Ultimate Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ultimate Ronin

dang awesome script lol.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't care who is in the next Spidey movie.I think they can pull off any character as long as it's written well.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pixelized

that goes for anything

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By T.J. Magnum

eh i don't care if his or not

as long as they still have the guy you plays J. Jonah Jameson in the next one

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mutant X

nah. Carnage/Lizard

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mutant X
    Mutant X said:
    "nah. Carnage/Lizard"
    *Jim Carrey as Carnage would be awesome. He can pull off playing a psycho. e.g. Riddler, Cable Guy, dude from The Number 23, etc.
    Class Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Class Clown

deffinitley...along with Rhino, Electro, Kraven, Lizard, and Black Cat

COMICFAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By COMICFAN

Michael Wincott. (Along Came a Spider, The Crow). Personally I'd like to see Tobey as Spidey go up against a SINISTER 6 with Black Cat.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Personally, I think Mysterio is a bit too "comic" looking to appear in the Spidey-films.  In the games, yeah, but played as a real human being?  I am VERY skeptical. 

hpwaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By hpwaz
    Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

I'd personally like to see it.

Avatar image for professorrespect
    ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Well.....

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.