undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By undeadpool

The Good

Last issue we became acquainted of a new, bizarre villain that was behind many of the issues Kamala Khan has encountered since taking on the mantle of Ms. Marvel. And WHAT a villain he turned out to be: a clone of Thomas Edison that somehow got cockatiel (NOT cockatoo) DNA introduced into the mix...what a wonderful book this is. This issue sees Kamala team with Wolverine in order to combat the fiendish Inventor’s Megagator, which is exactly what it sounds like. The two battle their way through the sewers before discovering one of the sources powering the experiments, and it’s positively ghoulish. Even at its most dark, G. Willow Wilson is still giving us one of the most whimsical, fun-loving issues of this story yet. The interaction between the ultra-serious, ever-grouchy Wolverine and the bouncy, bubbly Ms. Marvel is a source of constant humor, partially because the latter actually begins winning over the former in fairly short order. Though he’d be loath to admit it. This is a very simple, straightforward issue, but it allows for the character interaction to take the fore, and that is for the best. We’ve had some great plot and story development, but Kamala does amazingly well in the spotlight and it’s always good to see her there.

Jake Wyatt is back on linework and he proves that, while he’s not the series’ main artist, he can run in that company. The visuals and bright and clear, the action is chaotic and playful, but never gets hard to follow and there’s a terrific one-page spread of Wolverine and Ms. Marvel journeying through the sewer through pipes amidst all the frantic capering. Ian Herring handles color and handles it beautifully. Despite taking place in a presumably dank, dark sewer, this is an incredibly bright, beautiful issue and it creates a tone of boundless enthusiasm, both matching and communicating Kamala’s fangirl glee.

The Bad

Not enough crazy clone of Thomas Edison crossed with a cockatiel. Can’t enough of that guy…

The Verdict

This book is like cake...except it’s good for you. It’s like steak cake...which sounds awful, but this book is GREAT! Awful metaphors aside, this is one of the cheeriest books you could hope to read, but the cheeriness is complemented by amazing characters with realistic motivations and genuine, witty dialog. I have to give G. Willow Wilson credit for taking Wolverine, of all people, down a peg or two without completely negating the character’s dignity or respectability. Though the two part ways at issue’s end, I would love to see an ongoing series of Wolverine tutoring Kamala in the ways of super heroism.

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MyNameIsWill

YASSS!

Oh and you messed up on The Bad section, just saying. @undeadpool

Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

This was another fantastic issue in a fantastic series!

"Though the two part ways at issue’s end, I would love to see an ongoing series of Wolverine tutoring Kamala in the ways of super heroism."

LOL because he's about to die. Hmm, it'd be interesting to see Kamala react to news of his death from her perspective as a fan girl, new superhero, and one of the last people to team up with him.

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this book. Great review Corey.

Lea_Drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THIS BOOK IS SO GOOD

Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
    brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This comic is pure trash, straight-up.

Jyger85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Goddamn it, I love this book. Best new book of 2014, hands down. :D

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MyNameIsWill
    ZoddGuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie: You sure you didn't read Captain Marvel instead by accident? Anyways as usual Ms. Marvel keeps winning, another great issue.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOVE this series, and completely glad I started to read it a few weeks back and put it on my pre-order. Love the art, love the character development, love the supporting cast and love the main character. Anyone who calls this trash (you're entitled to your own opinion) is seriously selling the series short and not appreciating it for the gem it is and everything it offers.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@zoddguts said:

@brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie: You sure you didn't read Captain Marvel instead by accident? Anyways as usual Ms. Marvel keeps winning, another great issue.

He's insane I tell you!

DarthDanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DarthDanMan

Can anyone tell me the name of the woman, talking to Cap, at the end of this issue? This and Hawkeye are the only two Marvel books I'm reading so I'm not very knowledgeable.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone tell me the name of the woman, talking to Cap, at the end of this issue? This and Hawkeye are the only two Marvel books I'm reading so I'm not very knowledgeable.

Medusa, Queen of the Inhumans.

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#13  Edited By Fenderxx

Great review! I found myself very excited to read this book, dont get me wrong i have been enjoying the whole run so far, but its just keeps creeping to the top of the stack each month.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#14  Edited By Teerack

Another great adorable issue. This might become my favorite comic after Foes comes to an end. I'm really curious to see how Kamala will take Logan dying soon.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I am truly loving this series.

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I dont know how u guys do it. Not my speed.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
    Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I truly love this series, and Kamala Khan had quickly became one of my most favourite character *_*

[Oh yes, and is also another book that we will never see in Italy, at least into a decent format...]

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 owie  Moderator

Fun stuff. Not sure if I really want the Inhumans to get involved, it seems too "big" for this comic, but on the other hand, Lockjaw! Maybe we can get some full-on Pet Avengers going on here.

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most interesting thing in this issue for me was the conversation between Logan and Kamala about being violent. I like that she doesn't want to be violent, you don't usually see superheroes having a problem with being violent and hurting people.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By BR_Havoc

Such a great book. Wilson needs to take over Spider-man as well she would be a perfect fit.

Kid_Nacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@owie: I'd like to see it only because she's a rookie, and it'll be interesting to see her learn from other heroes like she did from Wolverine. His whole "Cycle of Hurt" explanation was deep, and in their line of work it's something she'll be glad she was told about rather than learning the hard way. I subscribed to it based on reviews and I've gotta say i'm glad I did. Dripping with charm and Kamala is the cutest

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only issue with this issue was that in some panels wyatt drew wolvey so disproportionate. His upper half would be big and wide then his legs would be chicken legs. i was gonna drop this book, but after this issue i just cant

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

I'm so glad this series exists and it's very important that it does. I like the way it's drawn and I think Wilson is a very good writer, but...I can't. It just doesn't snare me. I can't afford to buy it off moral support alone.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 owie  Moderator

@owie: I'd like to see it only because she's a rookie, and it'll be interesting to see her learn from other heroes like she did from Wolverine. His whole "Cycle of Hurt" explanation was deep, and in their line of work it's something she'll be glad she was told about rather than learning the hard way. I subscribed to it based on reviews and I've gotta say i'm glad I did. Dripping with charm and Kamala is the cutest

It's true, sooner or later she's got to make the mix into the rest of the heroes. I just remember liking how it took quite a while to do that with Miles Morales--they left him alone for a while--and that seemed to work well.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Still wish she had a different name

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.