dmstarz's Ms. Marvel #25 - The Secret Invasion!: Part 1 review

dmstarz's favourite marvel comic cover no210

Again Greg Horn strays from what he's best known for... and comes up with a cracker of a cover. Pre-empting the horrendous run of skrull crazy covers that Marvel have already solicited for this summer, Ms Marvel is the first to play the green face card. Horn craftily amps up the air of mystery though with the judicious use of the 'shushing' finger and by cleverly concealing her eyes (that are usually blank anyway, but that's besides the point) and comes up with an amusing, intriguing cover. In the midst of the skrull craziness, incidentally, Horn has come up with another cracker for issue 29, taking a completely different angle altogther. This cover, alas, missed the May 2008 cut off point for the top 250 (but, please, check it out on a good comic book site near you).

I have ranked this cover no 210 as part of a long term project I am producing on my own blog 'marvel-ous' on blogspot.com re: my favourite marvel comic book covers. Please visit http://dmstarz.blogspot.com and check out the other covers that have made my top 250.