Mr. Terrific # 1: Implied Sex?

#1 Posted by CEO_OF_FRESH (224 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't fancy my self perverted, but was there implied sex between Mr. Terrific shirtless and Power Girl wearing just a jersey. Or was that just casual wear?

#2 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

no it was implied sex they were in his house alone he was shirtless and she was suggestedly pantsless. plus why would she bring an oversised jersey and really really really short shorts to where thhey can't even be seen when she's sitting down with her legs together

#3 Posted by fodigg (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

Which issue we talking about here?

#4 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Presumably Mr. Terrific #1. The scene in question has the two characters lounging about in various states of atypical dress. It is easily suggestive, although not excessive to the point other titles have stretched. I didn't think anything of it.

#5 Edited by CEO_OF_FRESH (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: That is what I said. Implied. I was just kidding about the casual wear. LoL.

#6 Posted by CEO_OF_FRESH (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOptimist: i didn't think it was excessive either. I actually like the idea of them two. I was just wondering did any body else notice it.

#7 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

Scan?

#8 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

She should have her own book volume 2 was amazing! I hate that's she's been regulated to f--- buddy. HATE!

#9 Posted by CEO_OF_FRESH (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64:There's the three panels

#10 Posted by War Killer (19865 posts) - - Show Bio

It's possible she could just be wearing panties. O_o

#11 Posted by CEO_OF_FRESH (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: Yeah it could be. I mean they are good friends. Working together for along time. It could be either. We'll probably have to wait until Mr. Terrific # 2 to find out.

#12 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course they had sex, she's rich and classy...why would she own a jersey and why would she wear his clothes unless her's had come off at some point while in his residence?

#13 Posted by The Stegman (22751 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost:  

Of course they had sex, she's rich and classy...why would she own a jersey and why would she wear his clothes unless her's had come off at some point while in his residence?

this, plus, i have plenty of good female friends, and i can say that not once have they ever spent the night in just a jersey with no pants on, come on now
#14 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait wait wait, who's Paula? PG better not be the "other" girl.

#15 Posted by CEO_OF_FRESH (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: His wife Paula was killed in a car accident, so no she is not the other woman

#16 Posted by CEO_OF_FRESH (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost: I don't think Power Girl's any classier than any other hero. She's just a CEO that's like saying Green Arrow is classy, and by extension wouldn't own a jersey. Either way I totally thought they had sex, I just not for bashing other people's opinion's.

#17 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@CEO_OF_FRESH said:

@TheCrowbar: His wife Paula was killed in a car accident, so no she is not the other woman

Thank god, I was about  write the angriest letter in history.
#18 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

And he survived? Wow...Holt must have skills to put it to a Kryptonian like that....

#19 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@CEO_OF_FRESH said:

@aztek_the_lost: I don't think Power Girl's any classier than any other hero. She's just a CEO that's like saying Green Arrow is classy, and by extension wouldn't own a jersey. Either way I totally thought they had sex, I just not for bashing other people's opinion's.

first of all she's not Power Girl, she's Karen Starr...and second of all well no that kind of voids out the Green Arrow example...I mean all we have to go off of are first impressions but the party scene gave me the impression she was a "woman of class" (at least when around others outside of the man who gets to see her naked) and thus wouldn't have worn a jersey traveling from wherever she lives to his place...however, if they happen to live together but are just friends, then I guess he's probably asexual and she respects that and decides to take advantage of the casualness of it all by wearing something she'd never wear in the real world

#20 Posted by pikahyper (11371 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@aztek_the_lost:

this, plus, i have plenty of good female friends, and i can say that not once have they ever spent the night in just a jersey with no pants on, come on now

Ya that's just asking to get poked

#21 Posted by CEO_OF_FRESH (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost: But she's only Mr. Terrific's date to a formal event, where she would be "expected" to dress up. I just don't see can really be seen to more classy than anyone else. In further terms, Karen Starr is just a persona or at least it was, a persona which Karen wouldn't have to be around Mr. Terrific. Obviously since this is the first time I've seen her in the new DCU this might be different. However I always thought, Karen was an around the way girl, who could probably own a jersey or two.

Assuming she is the same person as this woman:

And all I can do is assume, then I think the woman with the boxing kangaroo shirt could definitely own a jersey

#22 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@CEO_OF_FRESH: Perhaps she can wear casual clothes on a regular basis (although I don't think anything of her past should be expected to carry over, she's one of the characters the DCnU was meant to eliminate) but that doesn't explain the lack of bottoms. I guess she could have accidentally wet her pants and needed to put them in the washing machine while she was there?

#23 Posted by RazzaTazz (9450 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a little confused myself as later Karen blows off any talk of a relationship between them.  I am sure this will play out as Terry's assistant being interested in him will be developed (she is the new Pepper?)

#24 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32177 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

And he survived? Wow...Holt must have skills to put it to a Kryptonian like that....

She's not a Kryptonian in the new 52, she has no powers
#25 Edited by PowerHerc (80707 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally unnecessary implied sex.

Salacious sexing-up of it's entire line is DC's attempt at boosting sales and saving comics.

It's not the way to go, imo.

#26 Posted by daredevil21134 (10619 posts) - - Show Bio

GO Mister Terrific.

#27 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:

GO Mister Terrific.

#28 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mega_spidey01 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

GO Mister Terrific.

Haven't you heard he's not just good (puts on sunglasses)...He's terrific

so of course he not only survived but thrived (plus she's not a kryptonian anymore)

#29 Posted by daredevil21134 (10619 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Mega_spidey01 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

GO Mister Terrific.

so of course he not only survived but thrived (plus she's not a kryptonian anymore)

lol

#30 Posted by CATPANEXE (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

Quite the conversation here.

A.) They had something other than but not excluding an workout, it's not even coy

B.) Rich successful people wear casual clothes in their casual time. They don't sleep in suits and couture for example. Also as someone recently said to me, the towels don't change when your living the Ritz.

#31 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

He smashed. His shirt is off. She's wearing nothing but a jersey and socks. 

#32 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

@Mega_spidey01 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

GO Mister Terrific.

he achieved my goals

I wish I could thumb up posts just for the bold.

She's not Power Girl.
#33 Posted by crowncoke (206 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand that everyone is saying she is not Kryptonian any longer, but I have to ask... Was this expressly stated by DC or is this just speculation? I only ask because she could be keeping a low profile due to the perceived mistrust of 'capes' in the DCnU. Another posibility is that she will become Power Girl later. Adds more to her by her having an established 'hook' in the DCnU to allow her to develop powers or have them bestowed on her (possible partial mind & body merger with Karra?). Who knows when you have the group we currently have writting the new DCnU.

#34 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

no it was implied sex they were in his house alone he was shirtless and she was suggestedly pantsless. plus why would she bring an oversised jersey and really really really short shorts to where thhey can't even be seen when she's sitting down with her legs together

Who has double d's and wears a cut out suit with a curtian on their back? :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.