Does anyone like Mr.Terrific?

#1 Posted by Vance Astro (91237 posts) - - Show Bio

If so why?

#2 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't.

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read to much with him in it, but he seems like a DC character I might actually like.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91237 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess not...

#5 Posted by Lunacyde (19127 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to say....lol

#6 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't dislike him...

#7 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

he's jsut whatever

#8 Posted by King Saturn (224210 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Terrific is okay... average like a 7 out of 10 rating
#9 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5446 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems a little to one dimensional for my tastes.

#10 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him because of his equipment and his intelligence. But, most of all, he has on the best looking leather coat in DC.

#11 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"I like him because of his equipment and his intelligence. But, most of all, he has on the best looking leather coat in DC."
I was gonna say something similar. I like his style. But as far as his character goes he's kinda...blah. He's had a couple good showings but he's still a B-Level character at best.
#12 Posted by Teen Manatee (359 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"I like him because of his equipment and his intelligence. But, most of all, he has on the best looking leather coat in DC."

Yeah, Mr. Terrific's jacket is one of the best things about him that make him cool (I love his "Fair Play" jacket!!!), other than his origin
#13 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"I like his style. But as far as his character goes he's kinda...blah.
LOL.
#14 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
he has on the best looking leather coat in DC."

Dude, Arsenal's was way better.
#15 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Dude, Arsenal's was way better."
Wanna have a poll? :)
#16 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"If so why?"
He has my fav power
#17 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"John Valentine said:
"Dude, Arsenal's was way better."
Wanna have a poll? :)"

Hell yeah.
#18 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Hell yeah."
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/mr-terrifics-leather-cost-or-arsenals-leather-coat-whos-looks-better/384860/

Post a picture of Arsenal wearing his coat, if you can.
#19 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah.

Super smart, super capable dude running Checkmate/the JSA.  What's not to like?

#20 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

I love him.  He's just a great concept.

#21 Edited by Virago (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

He seems like kind of a tight-ass. Obviously not literally...

#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91237 posts) - - Show Bio
Virago said:
"He seems like kind of a tight-ass. Obviously not literally, as he is stretchy...."
Stretchy?
#23 Edited by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

I think maybe your thinking of Mr. Fantastic? Mr. Terrific doesn't stretch :P

Mr. Terrific
#24 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"

I think maybe your thinking of Mr. Fantastic? Mr. Terrific doesn't stretch :P

Mr. Terrific
"
LMAO....

He is just kinda there.
#25 Posted by Secret Turchin Man (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a good concept IMO but I have not read enough to say more than that.

#26 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

i do, he is awesome

#27 Posted by blackair9 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the character , I see a lot of potential but I dislike the way he is being used (and been used). The only saving grace is I like the whole Sasha relationship when it started (didn't she date batman too ).he is dc comics version of the black panther, but he gets treated like the falcon... D-LIST.  He needs a serious re-imagining, he is an optimistic version of batman, he could be a great vehicle to tell socially relevant stories like Green Arrow/ Green Lantern did back in the day. Maybe even pair him up in a similar fashion.

#28 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio

He's alright...but I think I'd like him more, the more comics I read where he appears.

#29 Edited by NightFang (10068 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him but DC needs to be in more comics.

#30 Posted by Vance Astro (91237 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he sucks.

#31 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him and I think that he is pretty unique. 
#32 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

i think he doesnt matter enough to like him or not. I like his suit! but the idea of having another super smart hero is just stupid thats BATMANS job......hes a cheap batman
#33 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio

Lame

#34 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

He kind of remids me of John Horus. You know excepet for the hole insanie thing.

#35 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Martian said:

I haven't read to much with him in it, but he seems like a DC character I might actually like.
#36 Posted by SuperDoahBoy (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: I like Mr. Terrific cause he's definitely not your (stereo)typical black hero. His origin and his whole "aptitude for aptitude" ability hasn't been done to death. Plus he has the potential to be a solid solo hero while still also being able to work with a team and be a asset on multiple levels.

@speedlgt: First off in my opinion Mr. Terrific is smarter than Batman, cause I'm sure that some would agree that Bruce being a genius is nothing more than just one of the many things that make up his plot armor and you implying that Batman is the only one that can claim the role of "super smart hero" kinda makes me feel sorry for you for being blinded by that propaganda. The T-Spheres are one of the greatest gadgets in the DC universe and Mr. Terrific can legitimately say that he created those all by himself, while majority of Batman's gadgets are things either his company or more specifically Lucias Fox created.

Mr. Terrific and many other heroes will never matter as long as writers continue to deny them the same amount of effort they put into heroes like the almighty Batman. For instance he seems like just another "super smart hero" cause his genius intellect is the only thing writers care to showcase about him.

@blackair9: Agreed

#37 Posted by longbowhunter (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

Intelligence, T-spheres, invisible to machinery. I think he's pretty cool. I enjoyed what little I've read of him. Don't know anything about him in the New 52 though.

#38 Posted by BloodTalon (440 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked pre-new 52 Mr. Terrific a lot but I did not like the writing in the new 52 book and I dropped it.

I think I saw him in a new outfit in a promo picture I can't remember right now but if that is his new look I like it and I might give the book a try.

#39 Posted by blackhawk000111 (675 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading FUTURE END he is my favourite

#40 Posted by Cloakx14 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't know much about him.

#41 Posted by king1_icon (848 posts) - - Show Bio

hes black and this is comic vine what do you expect.

#42 Posted by chill2040 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

He is interesting in the Futures End. He stands up to Aquaman and is called the worlds smartest man now, instead of the 3rd smartest. Makes me wonder what happened in 5 years to get hem on that level.

#43 Posted by king1_icon (848 posts) - - Show Bio

@chill2040: whats so amazing about him standing up to aquaman

#44 Posted by sacredweapons (1051 posts) - - Show Bio

ehh

#45 Posted by king1_icon (848 posts) - - Show Bio

If he were white people would like him

#46 Edited by chill2040 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@king1_icon: Aquaman is a King and super over powered and it was nice to see Mr. T be in his face and confident. Its like when yo see Batman stand up to Superman. Seems as if Mr. T is the new batman in has all the JL number. I say that because This Futures End book makes Holt out to be independent and loved by the people and The Justice League is a group. So for Holt to go to Green arrow funeral alone in say things to Aquaman when Aquaman just lost a member of his team put Holt over as a factor in this book. Plus Holt is the smartest man alive now no longer calling him self the 3rd. I am reading Earth 2 and Holt just came out a tube. So I will know more about him later. I may even pick up his New 52 run because I like him in Futures end a lot. He is like Tony Stark and Kanye West 50% split

#47 Posted by DJPrince831 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like him, and a lot of people I've talked to really like him. He just has shitty writers. I think they mostly like the concept of him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.