Follow

Mr. Sinister

Character » Mr. Sinister appears in 1875 issues.

Mr. Sinister is a supervillain originating from Marvel Comics. Nathaniel Essex was a 19th Century scientist that was genetically mutated by Apocalypse, who shared his philosophy of Social Darwinism. Becoming the immortal Mr. Sinister, he is perhaps the greatest geneticist in the world; capable of cloning, creating, enhancing, and controlling mutant abilities. Sinister is one of the X-Men's most dangerous enemies.

Geneticist who?!

spider2dfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By spider2dfly

Here it is said that Mr. Sinister is the greatest geneticist in the Marvel Universe. But I saw on one site it is the High Evolutionary is the greatest geneticist in the Marvel Universe. Can anyone prove who is really the best..

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

"Perhaps the greatest" means he's at the top but may not be the very best. HE is the actual best as far as I know, but Sinister is up there too.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I would place Sinister second after High Evolutionary.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zero edge

Is there ever really a greatest in comics???

But in all seriousness yeah I agree Fesak.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Korg

While the High Evolutionary may have better tech up at Wundagore, Sinister has accomplished much, much more. This is the man who gave us Cable and Madelyne Pryor. He had the ability to clone new copies of the Marauders seemingly at will...What has the High Evolutionary ever really done? Created some Ani-Men and once stripped all the mutants on earth of their x-gene. Sinister also had a hand in that, however. I'd definitely put Sinister before the High Evolutionary.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.