Life equation?

#1 Edited by Foolkiller (168 posts) - - Show Bio

I know there's an anti-life equation in the dc universe, but is there a life equation? I read that Mister Miracle told Firestorm that he was a quarter of the life equation (along with Red tornado, Naiad, and Swamp Thing). Did this ever get touched upon again?

#2 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Must've been Shilo Norman who said that.  The four characters mentioned above do represent the 4 classic elements.  In Brightest Day, however, Hawkman and Hawkgirl took the place of Red Tornado, while Aquaman stood in for Naiad.

#3 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrMiracle77: Hey, Miracle, there was a Meet-Up at my local comicbook shop and through word-of-mouth, I've heard that the New Gods are getting a reboot come summer of 2012 under the pen of Grant Morrison. Have you heard anything about that? I'm just curious is all. Scott Free is my favorite DC character and I thinks it's high time for the NewGods as a whole to get some good writers behind them.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33484 posts) - - Show Bio

Well there a Creation Equation in the WSU a dont know if thats the same thing

#5 Edited by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Foolkiller:

Grant Morrison used Life equation somehow, in the miniseries Seven soldiers: Mr. Miracle-miniseries. The Life equation seems to be (if I got it right) the kindness of universes beings (for example, humans) and kind deeds. That`s it.

But that wasn`t what you asked. Well, anyhow. It has been used in that mini. And possibly in Jack Kirbys fourth world.

@One_Eye:

Wasn`t Jack Kirby a great writer? = )

#6 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: Indeed he was one of the greats!

#7 Posted by Onemoreposter (4057 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Jack Kirby's original version of the anti-life equation doesn't really leave it open for a life equation in the sense of having an opposite. However, they did some screwy things with FC and now we have new universe so who knows.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.