Follow

Mr. Miracle

Character » Mr. Miracle appears in 922 issues.

The son of Highfather, Scott Free was traded as an infant for Darkseid's child, Orion, to end the war between the New Gods of Apokolips and New Genesis. Scott later fled to Earth where he took on the mantle of Mister Miracle, and is considered the greatest escape artist in the universe. He is the husband of former Female Fury, Big Barda.

Just how strong is he?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Quick question, I've checked multiple sources and am yet to find a definitive answer to just how strong Mr. Miracle is. 

Some sites say he can lift hundreds of thousands of tons, whereas other say he would struggle to life 10. 

Any help regarding this question would be greatly appreciated.

grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By grimreaper1980

aren't all of the new gods/apocalytians close to superman's strength level, accept for darkseid and yuga khan, they surpass him

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @grimreaper1980:
     Yeh, see I heard t hat, then I read that some "Generation Matrix" enhanced his strength to uber-levels.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AtPhantom

I don't think I've ever seen Mr. Miracle do any strength feats. He is pretty fast on his feet, having the reflexes to evade guys like Orion and Superman, but strength? I doubt it's too far above normal human.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MrMiracle77

The answer is a bit confusing, and has to do with the Boom Tube.

The Boom Tube allows an individual to travel from place to place.  However, there is an interesting effect that results from traveling to a different planet: the Tube re-formats the travelers to the standard size of the planet's inhabitants.  The New Gods of New Genesis and Apokalypse are giants and have a respective level of strength.  When they travel to Earth via Boom Tube, they revert to human size and a proportionate reduction in strength.

Of course, some gods like Orion, Darkseid, Kalibak, and Big Barda are super-strong even human-sized.

One of the best examples of this is in a pair of stories from the previous JLA run.  Green Lantern (Kyle) visits a planet called Wonder World under his own power.  He meets a hero named Micron who happens to be the same size as himself.  Every other resident of the planet, however, is a giant.  Later, during the Mageddon storyline, Metron and Wonder Woman visit Wonder World via Boom Tube.  This time, Micron is very tiny and the bodies of the other residents are normal size.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By PowerHerc

This is a good question.  He is a God of New Genesis and therefore it's reasonable that he is super-strong.  I've never seen him demonstrate super-strength, though. 
    He is usually depicted having human level strength, which seems to fit in with his world's greatest escape artist bit.  If he were able to escape from various traps and bindings 
    using super-strength, his entire schtick would be much less impressive. 

grimreaper1980 asks if (seems to assume) all the New Gods have Superman-level strength.  No.  They definately do not.  Darkseid, Orion and Kalibak maybe, but nobody else.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.