Will DC bring back Mr Majestic ?

#1 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this is a longshot but do you think DC would ever bring back Mr Majestic ?

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32918 posts) - - Show Bio

@mimic12: We'r about to see the return of Majestic in Team 7 but I think he's going to be pretty different than the WSU version

#3 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: really ?

#4 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is Majestic is still from Khera but has been captured by the military for experimentation.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32918 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: really ?

yea

#6 Posted by Exoray (6 posts) - - Show Bio

DC can't bring back The High or Mr. Majestic in their original form, since they were both basically mock-ups of Superman. The High was the more obvious of the two, so they would have to significantly depower him or sideline him in some way so as not to outshine Superman.

See: Apollo, another (more obvious) Superman analog. In fact the entire team Bendix originally created was a thinly veiled attempt at creating a loose DC Heroes / Justice League analog, with Midnighter and Apollo standing in for Superman and Batman.

#7 Posted by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

they don't have to depower him,they can just give him a slightly different power set...telekinesis insted of heatvison and cold breath for example. dc can also represent him more as a warrior than as an hero

#8 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll just suffer the same fate as Captain Marvel or Captain Atom etc.

What they should do is just put him in Earth-2, & dont have a Kal-El over there. What I'd have done is have an earth-# were Krypton does not blow up, so no Superman, boy, girl etc , with maybe Kal-El growing up to become their green Lantern, & instead have Captain Marvel, Captain Atom, or in this case Majestic as earth's greatest hero.

#9 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I would hope so. I hate what they are doing with the Wildstorm characters.

#10 Posted by Z3RO180 (6337 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: will be this new character coming in on issue 7 by anychance ?

#11 Edited by drgnx (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

I see no reason why Majestic and the high can't be brought in, they could be like Silver Surfer or green lanterns and focus on off-world business. Silver Surfer's abilities have not stopped the avengers or x-men (specifically their most popular characters - Spiderman, Captain America, Wolverine) from being popular so don't see why they need to depower anyone to keep Superman looking good. (I'm sure the popular list has changed by now, but hope you get my point.) The nature of Majestics race makes it very easy to explain their power vs Superman's if Krypton was their descendants, and they were created by Rao, a Scientist, assuming no one is overly attached to the old methos.

#12 Posted by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

they are taking him back!

#13 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: That's pretty cool. The new U is a good opportunity to try new things with existing characters who haven't had a great sales history.

#14 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Dc is bringing back some old redundant characters as villains such as the female Sargon who is now a villain and also an ethnic character. I could Majestic and all of planet Khera as villains. Majestic can also be used in Stormwatch to kill more people.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.