Mustache?

#1 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio
Just because you're king doesn't mean you can let yourself go.
I don't like the mustache. 
Maj started this facial hair thing when the world ended. At first it was just a beard and that was fine. He was going through some stress and didn't have time to cut it, I understand. In fact, I thought it kinda looked good and it fit the warrior king persona he was sporting. The mustache though, I think that's going just a little too far. The only problem is, no one is around to stop this madness. He effortlessly walked through the Wildcats (one-shotting Maul and even smiling after they put a sword through his chest), Gen13 are too inexperienced to even be noticed, the Authority is crippled and Stormwatch just doesn't have the firepower. Who's gonna give Maj a shave?
#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it...he looks rugged and tough now.He looks even more MAJESTIC with the beard.

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

The beard I have no problem with, it's the mustache.

Didn't look bad here though.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"The beard I have no problem with, it's the mustache.
Didn't look bad here though.

"
Do you know who the artist is of this artwork?
#5 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Credits have Carlos D'Anda and Richard Friend.

#6 Posted by King Saturn (225046 posts) - - Show Bio
Majestic needs to get rid of that huge Doo Doo Stain railing across his Top Lip...  that doesnt fit him...
#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Credits have Carlos D'Anda and Richard Friend."
Ok.LOL nice avatar =]
#8 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Majestic needs to get rid of that huge Doo Doo Stain railing across his Top Lip...  that doesnt fit him...
"
Here here! Someone get that man a drink.
#9 Posted by Spider-Hunter (470 posts) - - Show Bio

it really does look bad it makes him look like an old evil dude and less like Superman

#10 Posted by King Saturn (225046 posts) - - Show Bio
Majestic is still badass though... kicking names and taking azz as usual...

[=
#11 Posted by Spider-Hunter (470 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Majestic is still badass though... kicking names and taking azz as usual...

[=
"
true but I've been getting the feeling they want him to be less and less like Superman
#12 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

My issue here is purely aesthetic. I don't have a problem with him being less like Superman, they're different characters. (He's always seemed more like Batman or Wonder Woman to me anyway.) The end of the world and his reaction to it has done enough to separate the two of them (check out his page for more info) so even if that's what they wanted, the job is done. They even have it covered if it needs to be a visual thing now that Maj always has a weapon in hand and he's clad in armor. They don't need the hair to do it. 

#13 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

its better

it makes him look alot less like supes

#14 Posted by Spider-Hunter (470 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"My issue here is purely aesthetic. I don't have a problem with him being less like Superman, they're different characters. (He's always seemed more like Batman or Wonder Woman to me anyway.) The end of the world and his reaction to it has done enough to separate the two of them (check out his page for more info) so even if that's what they wanted, the job is done. They even have it covered if it needs to be a visual thing now that Maj always has a weapon in hand and he's clad in armor. They don't need the hair to do it. "
I do agree but the problem is that most people will only see the visual first. I don't see a problem with him being less like Superman but I thinks it that drive that caused the change. He has never had the same personality of Superman ever but he did look like him and I think wanting him to look like him they have ruined the design of the character
#15 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

This is barely related to this thread but I'm lazy. Bearded Majestic can still crush planets with his bare hands and move them if necessary. That was covered quite clearly in issue 9 of Wildcats (just because of talks of him being depowered).

#16 Posted by warlord1234 (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

The beard makes him look more majestic.

#17 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Update: It appears that Maj has shaved and he's going for a pretty-boy look. He might start a few other changes too, like not being evil (was he really evil or just a little extreme?) anymore and maybe using Nemesis' indestructible blades.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.