Follow

Mr. Majestic

Character » Mr. Majestic appears in 234 issues.

Mr. Majestic is the WildStorm universe's "Superman". He is an alien warrior who has lived on Earth for centuries, often fighting alongside others of his race (as well as humans) against the Daemonites.

Mr. Majestic's Place in the DCnU

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I don't think Majestic should be an Earth-based hero any more. It presents a couple significant problems. For one, his methods don't mesh with modern superheroics in the DCnU and his attitude might make him somewhat of an antihero when he's showcased next to some of the paragons of virtue that make up the face of the DCnU. I admit though, this may not be as huge a concern as it would have been in the DCU. It seems as though the heroes are less perfect and, shown especially with Action Comics Superman and Wonder Woman, not as far from Majestic's mentality as they used to be. I still think it would be cause for concern though. The bigger reason however is one that's not in the world of the comics but in the eyes of the fans. Superman kind of has to be the top dog of DC when it comes to flying bricks, so having someone like Majestic in the same world as him would almost guarantee that Majestic can't be as powerful as he's been in the past.

To sidestep both these issues, I think making Majestic the hero of Khera in the same way that Adam Strange is the hero Rann would be the best way to do it. This way, Majestic could be exactly who he is just somewhere else, and sometimes GL, JL, Stormwatch, or even Legion books could have stories that take place in that sector of space and Majestic would be the defender of that planet. And since he's never in the spotlight long, he wouldn't have to be dumbed down or nerfed so others wouldn't look bad, and since he's in his own society and it works, other heroes may have issue with how he functions, but they wouldn't rightly be able to change it. There could be times when Majestic leaves Khera to come to Earth for some reason if people want to see him in the normal world and interact with things and heroes there. I think it would be cool if the Kherans rejected the authority of the Oans so their planet doesn't have a GL that patrols it and also if Majestic appeared not only in the present but also a thousand years in the future in Legion books (and maybe his people visited Earth like they did in WS and some of them appear in Demon Knights as warriors or even gods, Majestic especially). Majestic could be everywhere, just not on modern DC Earth for any significant length of time.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kallarkz

Nice post.

Has there been any news as to when he will be rejoining the world of new comics?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

not as of yet

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By DEGRAAF

@Buckshot: nice post and i agree with everything you said. I would like to see him and his little surrounding universe somewhere in the main DCnU.

What do you think they should do with Icon?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

Sounds good to me.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Magian

I would like to see him and I find your idea very good. If DC ever decides to introduce him, I would like to see something like this. But he is too similar to Superman in terms of powers and appearance (not talking about personality, just to clarify, I know they are way too different there). I am afarid that this might make DC not use him.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@DEGRAAF said:

@Buckshot: nice post and i agree with everything you said. I would like to see him and his little surrounding universe somewhere in the main DCnU.

What do you think they should do with Icon?

thanks. no ideas on icon. i dont know much about the character.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DEGRAAF

He is a lot like Superman. He came to earth as a baby on his own ship. He remembers more of his planet and history than Superman does (or did) Same powers as Superman it seems (except for maybe the eye powers Superman has). It mo0stly helps out in inner city Gang areas it seems up until Final Crisis

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By monarch2016

i think they should make him a badass anti hero

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Buckshot: I agree, it would be a shame for him not to exist any more. Pray for a Maj and Stormwatch team-up? 
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@spiderbat87: I don't really see a reason for him to team up with Stormwatch.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Primmaster64

Mr.Majestic looks physically looks like Superman... :/ Don't see how they will introduce him.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hadrelius

With the new Superman being more like him in attitude. And with them finding a place for Apollo. Majestic would be overkill, unless they revamped him some how to make he less like Superman. If so, I think there would be a place for him.

AtraCruor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AtraCruor

@DEGRAAF: *EDIT* You were talkin about Icon weren't you... my bad. Tired

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DEGRAAF

@AtraCruor: yeah. Thats ok

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Buckshot said:

Now there's one!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#16  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Buckshot said:

@Buckshot said:

Now there's one!

What's that?
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@spiderbat87 said:

@Buckshot said:

@Buckshot said:

Now there's one!

What's that?

daemonite (in the) base

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By kheranlord12

@Alpha said:

With the new Superman being more like him in attitude. And with them finding a place for Apollo. Majestic would be overkill, unless they revamped him some how to make he less like Superman. If so, I think there would be a place for him.

In what way is the new Superman like Majestros?

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ThexX

What about Zealot's place in The New 52

Unparalleled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Unparalleled

I like ur ideas. Kinda like make Maj dc's version of Gladiator.

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kheranlord12

Why are people saying that the new Superman is more like Majestic? There are nothing alike.

Lord Dynamic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lord Dynamic

I think Majestic should return to the DCnU and become a major player. My reasoning behind this is simple, Superman needs competition, Captain Marvel was never really competition for the Man of Steel, they liked each other. Majestic on the other hand, could return as a major rival for Superman, not a villain, but sort of a what if...What if Supes decides to withdraw from his humanity completely. I don't think Majestic should be a villain, but a good guy who has different views on being a super powered hero and what it takes to be one. maybe Majestic or even the Kryptonians were racist toward the Kerabim(I forget how to spell it) and all of Superman's info on the Keribim is negative, so Supes never fully trusts Maj and Maj thinks Supes is racist, which he isn't, he just has only one side of the argument. Maj could even be leader of the WildC.A.T.S. Putting The Cats and the League on opposite ends of the good guy race. I don't think Superman would like being called a racist very much. Majestic might not even believe Superman is, but there is some bad blood between the Kryptonians and the Keribum.

Some People might see Apollo as becoming Supes number 1 competitor, but I don't think he ever will. I can see it now, Apollo and Majestic Teaming up and Fight Superman and Icon. I dunno lol. I just lost my train of thought. My point is, Majestic has a Place in the DCnU, as long as they do it properly He'll fit right in.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Lord Dynamic: I really like your idea of having Majestic as a counterpoint for Superman, having their responses to acts they deem "bad" as their major contrast but also a racial element where the cultures didn't think much of each other on top of the personal issues in their relationship. The problem I see is that I don't think DC would really allow Majestic to be on Superman's level (much less above it like I think he should be based on what I've seen of both of them). If they did it could work nicely, but I just don't see it happening. With regards to the idea of him leading the wildcats, it would be cool, but from the characters we've seen so far, it would be like Superman working with the birds of prey. The power level gap would be funky. Honestly though, I'd love to see Majestic take on the entire justice league himself at some point. Overall I like what you're saying, it's a great idea, but the problem is the "as long as they do it properly" part, and I don't have that much faith in DC.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By difficlus

@Buckshot: Nice get-up that would be pretty interesting and its probably one of the few ways we could make Majestros work in the new 52

crowncoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By crowncoke

I agree that Majestic could be used as a polar to Superman. Not as a Villain but as a more militan Hero. Coming from a militant society (Khera) instead of a scientific one (Krypton) would make his views more harsh than Superman's. A way to introduce him would could be linked to the Pod that Grifter and Midnighter fight over. If the pod held someone like Hellspont, another could have held Majestic. But instead of being a prisoner pod, it was an escape pod and Majestic had control of his. He arrived on Earth long ago and has fought for humanity through out history returning to his pod for Hiber-Sleep afterwards. He is awakened while Superman is not available (by either Hero or Villian - on purpose or by accident) and springs into action and has his actions caught by the media (use the look in which he has helmet to hide his appearance). Upon Superman's return the two square off (fearful or distrustful of the other - use the racism mention?) until someone steps in to show that they are both on the 'right side' even if views on Justice do not match. Then the Action Comics could be used to tell stories of Majestic (on & off Earth that do not involve Superman). Perhaps have him even step in for Superman on occasion (for any reason writers like... Supes can only be at 1 location at a time).

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I really just hope he's his own character and not some direct Superman derivative (like another Superman clone like Superboy for instance). It's strange that the Daemonites are showing up, even Helspont, but there's absolutely no mention of Kherubim. I hope they still exist in some form and those are Majestic's origins, not anything Earthly. Between the Kherubim and the mystery of the Martians, I need to see more of DC's wider universe.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By z3ro180

@Buckshot: now i dount know alot about this character to be honest i am a long time superman fan but with helspont comeing in superman 7 i was wanting to read up on mr. majectic since he is simaler to superman but his own character completely so..could you tell me any good story arks that are worth a read.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By z3ro180

@Buckshot: cool thanks for that and also i was thinking about what you said and even though i dount know anything about the character i think your isea would work. Also a way for him to be involved with superman he could pop up have a convesation with supes and passes on some wisdom to the young and future champion of earth since he is like a thousand years old (if i read the wiki right) then fly of back to defend his home planet.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#30  Edited By cbishop

While I don't think the Wildstorm characters are a good fit to the DCU at all, they are there, so knowing that...

I think Majestic would make a great fit in the world of Superman. I could see them disagreeing in the same sort of way that Daredevil and Wolverine used to butt heads - Logan being totally willing to end a villain, and DD adamant about preserving life, and seeing justice done (for the metaphor challenged, Supes = DD, Majestic = Wolvie).

I consider this idea to have a high probability of being ludicrous, but there's a slim possibility that with DC having to change some things for Supes by 2013, that he'll find out that his home planet of Krypton was actually called Khera, and then we'll know why we hadn't seen Majestic yet. It's a slim chance, but a chance, nonetheless.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

If Majestic does get introduced, he should be more of a solo series character and should be the hero where the JLA, Stormwatch, JLI and other heroes call for help when in desperate situations. Make Majestic like the Ultimate Badass, where he can solve any problem....

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Baberaham_Lincoln: i'd love that lol

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By Saren

Zealot is scheduled to appear in Deathstroke #11, that should be the first clue as to what place Khera has (if it has one) in the DCnU.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By entropy_aegis

I honestly think that Majestic is finished,maybe he'll become a future version of Superman or something.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    Can't say I put much faith in Liefeld, of all people, to set the barriers regarding Khera. Hopefully Deathstroke will beat up Zealot before teaming-up with her, though.
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By TDK_1997

Liefeld will bring Zealot but will he bring Majestic is another question.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@CitizenBane said:

Zealot is scheduled to appear in Deathstroke #11, that should be the first clue as to what place Khera has (if it has one) in the DCnU.

Hellfire... I'm glad that a (formerly) full-blooded Kheran is finally making an appearance, but I don't know how I feel about it happening under Liefield.

@entropy_aegis said:

I honestly think that Majestic is finished,maybe he'll become a future version of Superman or something.

That doesn't even make sense.

@Morpheus_ said:

Can't say I put much faith in Liefeld, of all people, to set the barriers regarding Khera. Hopefully Deathstroke will beat up Zealot before teaming-up with her, though.

Me neither. Stormwatch, Grifter, Voodoo, and Superman are doing a good job of slowly building (mostly through mysteries and partial disclosures) the cosmic side of the DCU and dropping hints about the interplay and hierarchy of races and I've been excited to see how Kherans fit among Daemonites, Martians, and Kryptonians, but I'd rather see that fleshed out in one of the books it's already in. I'll be glad to get some info about Kherans anywhere I can, but in Deathstroke? Under Liefield? Eh... And WHAT? I hope Zealot trounces Deathstroke. :P

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I will say though, I'm glad that we're getting someone. Maybe Liefield utterly ruins Zealot, but maybe now we can at least get this Kheran party started and her appearance will be the start of unveiling the Kherans as a people. And hey, Stormwatch started as rubbish but it's being redeemed so if Zealot is messed up, maybe she can be salvaged later down the line. And I know Lobo is in the picture so I wonder if Deathstroke will come across Zealot on Earth or in space.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Buckshot said:

@CitizenBane said:

Hellfire... I'm glad that a (formerly) full-blooded Kheran is finally making an appearance, but I don't know how I feel about it happening under Liefield.

@entropy_aegis said:

That doesn't even make sense.

@Morpheus_ said:

Me neither. Stormwatch, Grifter, Voodoo, and Superman are doing a good job of slowly building (mostly through mysteries and partial disclosures) the cosmic side of the DCU and dropping hints about the interplay and hierarchy of races and I've been excited to see how Kherans fit among Daemonites, Martians, and Kryptonians, but I'd rather see that fleshed out in one of the books it's already in. I'll be glad to get some info about Kherans anywhere I can, but in Deathstroke? Under Liefield? Eh... And WHAT? I hope Zealot trounces Deathstroke. :P

It's DCNU,does'nt have to make sense lol.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MisterGuyMan

As a huge Maj fan I want no part of him as a regular Earth hero. Superman owns Earth. His identity on some level revolves around being the planet's most powerful protector. When push comes to shove DC will eventually make it clear that Maj is a tier below Superman at some point.

I'd prefer Maj to specifically be in minis or make special appearances. In the Wildstorm reboot he was supposed to be more of an ancient mercenary hero that traveled space and time fighting evil. He's seen it all and done it all. If anything, he's has become weary of a fight that he'll never put down. I wouldn't mind a similar direction from DCnU Maj. He could appear in really big crossover arcs much like how Dr. Strange always appears in the major Marvel Arcs. Outside of that he would spend a lot of time exploring space, fighting evil somewhere out there and researching anomalies as a scientist. Heck, if he's still supposed to be thousands of years old, there's no reason he wouldn't be Superman's mentor on some level. To further that concept give him his ability to be a Universal again. Technically he can become a Universal at will but he chooses not to do so and fights with certain restrictions to be more hands on. Sort of like a cosmic version of Star Trek's Prime Directive. He can't interfere as a Universal because it would change things too much, or draw attention from even bigger baddies... or something like that.

It might be time to start emphasizing some of the Superman/Maj differences too. Let Maj alternate his normal style with the helmet and shoulder armor look liberally. Let him use his liquid sword more often and focus on his identity as a scientist a bit more. If he becomes just another alternate version of Superman but with different morals then I'm scared he'll become a Superman level jobber after a few years. I wouldn't be able to stand that.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@MisterGuyMan: I like this line of thinking.

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kheranlord12

@MisterGuyMan said:

As a huge Maj fan I want no part of him as a regular Earth hero. Superman owns Earth. His identity on some level revolves around being the planet's most powerful protector. When push comes to shove DC will eventually make it clear that Maj is a tier below Superman at some point.

I'd prefer Maj to specifically be in minis or make special appearances. In the Wildstorm reboot he was supposed to be more of an ancient mercenary hero that traveled space and time fighting evil. He's seen it all and done it all. If anything, he's has become weary of a fight that he'll never put down. I wouldn't mind a similar direction from DCnU Maj. He could appear in really big crossover arcs much like how Dr. Strange always appears in the major Marvel Arcs. Outside of that he would spend a lot of time exploring space, fighting evil somewhere out there and researching anomalies as a scientist. Heck, if he's still supposed to be thousands of years old, there's no reason he wouldn't be Superman's mentor on some level. To further that concept give him his ability to be a Universal again. Technically he can become a Universal at will but he chooses not to do so and fights with certain restrictions to be more hands on. Sort of like a cosmic version of Star Trek's Prime Directive. He can't interfere as a Universal because it would change things too much, or draw attention from even bigger baddies... or something like that.

It might be time to start emphasizing some of the Superman/Maj differences too. Let Maj alternate his normal style with the helmet and shoulder armor look liberally. Let him use his liquid sword more often and focus on his identity as a scientist a bit more. If he becomes just another alternate version of Superman but with different morals then I'm scared he'll become a Superman level jobber after a few years. I wouldn't be able to stand that.

Your one of the few people who knows Majestic.

jimmy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jimmy11

Can't wait to see Majestic again in comics. My only fear is that writers will power him down so drastically, he will end up as a punching bag for Superman and other superheroes. Majestic is a powerhouse on a universal scale and he should be treated as such. Like the idea of Him being a planets protector, clashing frequently with Green Lanterns. Also, it would be nice to see Majestros in some distant future (something like Superman from Earth-22 in Justice Society of America #22).

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Saren

According to the preview for Deathstroke #10........Khera lives.

No Caption Provided
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@CitizenBane: Yeah, I saw that page in a preview a little while ago. It gave a measure of hope. But that quickly dwindled when I thought of what's going on with the majority of the Wildstorm characters at this point. Stormwatch is an abomination, I'm not really impressed with the ones scattered across the Teen Titans-related books, Voodoo (the one I was liking the most) is getting cancelled, and Liefield has his hands in Grifter and Zealot. What hope does Majestic have against these odds? How will he defeat the forces arrayed against him? Tune in next week faithful viewers (and we know you're not viewers), same Buck time, same Buck channel.

Thorion88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#46  Edited By Thorion88

@CitizenBane said:

According to the preview for Deathstroke #10........Khera lives.

No Caption Provided

Ugh, standard Liefield artwork. Blah!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Saren

DEATHSTROKE #13

Written by ROB LIEFELD

Art and cover by ROB LIEFELD

On sale OCTOBER 10 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

• Deathstroke and Zealot learn the terrible fate of the planet Kheran and brace for the long-lasting repercussions it will have on the DC Universe.

Also, Etrigan is joining Stormwatch for some reason....

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@CitizenBane: I don't even know how to feel.

crowncoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By crowncoke

I think that they missed the chance to have Majestic be part of the New 52 without having him front and centered. This Arc of Action Comics is dealing with the 'first Superman'. That COULD have been a great chance to throw Majestic into the current Continuity without making him someone that Superman has to deal with daily. I think that it would be simple to have him 'elsewhere' when others on his power level show up... either on earth (hybernating or hiding) or off planet looking into the fate of Khera and its people.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

What a ####ing tease...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

"All roads lead to Majestic. Majestic is the end." Get OUTTA HERE! I don't even know what that gibberish is supposed to mean... DC is just ####ing with me now...

And now I'm not even sure I want the Majestic I know to show up because I'll be sad when they put him below Superman...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.