Follow

Mr. Majestic

Character » Mr. Majestic appears in 234 issues.

Mr. Majestic is the WildStorm universe's "Superman". He is an alien warrior who has lived on Earth for centuries, often fighting alongside others of his race (as well as humans) against the Daemonites.

Mr. Majestic Capability Thread

#1 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

This capability thread will be for Mr. Majestic as he appeared in the Image and Wildstorm universes. I'm sure I'll be working on this for a while and a DCnU Majestic might appear and generate some feats by the time I'm done, but I won't be including them here. I'm hoping to show what Majestic is and is not capable of, meaning I'll be presenting not just his best feats but what I think covers the whole range of his abilities. There may be some questionable or unclear feats in here and I'll provide my interpretation, but if there are differing viewpoints it can be discussed. (I don't know how discussion in this thread will look. If I decide I don't want it here it will get its own thread.)

Majestic's abilities are, for the most part, pretty straight forward so I'll be putting feats in categories. I won't be including extended fights in an effort to cut down on the amount of sequential pages posted. Sorry about the way the descriptions are just blocks of text above scans but because of the hassle of incorporating images I found that to be the best way. I felt like it wasn't that bad since my descriptions shouldn't be anything you can't see in the images themselves except for cases of context or background character info. There are tons of pages and plenty of combat that could be shown of course, but I didn't think showing every single thing Majestic has ever done is really the point.

Strength

General strength feats though I'll confess I don't know if they're all pure strength. I don't think it matters though since I think the point of portraying them the way they do is less about defining what's strictly physical strength and more about creating an image of general power. First up, Majestic catches a haymaker from a pissed off Captain Atom in one hand; The next two are him against Crusade with the first image just showing that Crusade could lay out Maul and the second shows Majestic catching his punch with no problem;Flips up a chunk of ice to smash some Spartan Guards; Size comparison for a robot that Majestic then lifts into space; Random-object-crushed-into-diamonds feat which, from my quick checking would require him to exert 130,000 atmospheres of pressure (nevermind the heat requirement) which is about (this calculation may be wrong, but it doesn't really matter) 123,000 tons per square foot with his fingers; Resisting the pull of a portal that Eradicator couldn't and actually preventing Eradcator from being sucked in; Moving asteroids; Catching and redirecting a flying comet; throwing a nuke into space and possibly the sun; moving a mountain-sized space ship to near Pluto in under two hours (not that it took two hours, but that's the maximum time it could have taken); When taken to a magical universe he breaks out of magical bonds (though he shows difficulty); He takes down a monster with a poke; Calmly one-shots Maul; The next two are backwards but you should see that he's knocking Maul unconscious by hitting him with Ladytron.

Figured I'd put the planet-level stuff in it's own section since that's all it seems like some people care about anyway. First is just a statement about Majestic moving Earth (and I guess also him moving the stand-in for the sun); Moving the Moon; Moving Mercury; Confirmation that Majestic moved every planet and also that gloves didn't do anything but prevent planets from breaking under their own weight; Nonchalant statement about putting the planet back into position after it was knocked off its axis and stopping a tidal wave with a clap; Threatens to crush a planet with his hands; Grifter calls him a planet-tosser.

Durability

Durability

Damage Soak

Speed

Travel Speed

Operational Speed

Posting the Eradicator feat here and not just only under "Intelligence" because it's also a good display of the kind of detailed and high-speed work Majestic can do in the middle of combat. He was able to not only view but manipulate information flowing as light at billions of units per second.

Intelligence

Tech Majestic has made or has access to: The first two are nanobots that he uses to rebuild things; The next two are about his computer (it's a really nice computer); The next two are a rig he used to track and a chase down a ship flying FTL for months; Invisibility suit; Quantum folded sword and energy dampening pills; His base can't be teleported into (or scanned by anything); The next three show his exo-armor so he could not only trash an enemy that was his physical equal, but also prevented him from teleporting and was killing him with his own energies; The next two show a semisentient drone capable of flying at lightspeed and dropping tons of bombs (also shows the thing about Majestic's base not being able to be seen by anything); His forge where he makes things; Some tech he used to keep Earth stable despite being moved; The planet-movers, gloves synced to stabilizers to make sure planets don't break under their own weight when he moves them; Majestic transmuted his body when he flew into the sun for a while; More tech to hide that the Earth was moved; Bringing his son back to life; Harvesting an unborn star; Zero gravity fields; His armor makes holograms; His armor reacts to his thoughts apparently; Personality modifiers; Inventing a new technology in seconds; Energy vortex apparently sends people to the negative zone.

Generally smart things Majestic has done: Contradicting the "finest minds of the DCU" (and being right); Instantly identifying some high technology; And this is example one of why he's so smart, when he sees something that's beyond him, he shuts up and learns from it; 5 images of him basically manipulating and reprogramming a seemingly sentient ship after just getting to it's command center and instantly figuring out how it worked and what was wrong with it and a pretty slick way to work around a problem; Example two of why he's so smart, he views knowledge as the most honorable weapon of all, and that's pretty significant from someone who prides himself on both his honor and his weaponry; He knows Spanish; Fixed the hole in the ozone; Knows tricks to split stars and become one with the cosmos; Takes over a war effort and promises to lead with no casualties and he does.

The Eradicator Incident: The images are out of order but the only order that really matters is that the third image is first. Basic summary, Majestic caused a complete rewrite of The Eradicator's consciousness (in the middle of battle) in order to give him awareness of all dimensions and The Bleed so he'd stop trying to kill him every chance he got. It's also an impressive operational speed feat as he was able to not only view but manipulate information flowing as light at billions of units per second, and again, during combat.

Fighting Skill

Energy Abilities

Senses

Fights

Wasn't going to make this a section since it requires multiple sequential pages, but I felt like I should show some of the fights in their entirety not just individual attacks.

Misc.

Random things: Majestic breath; Subject to The Doctor's reality warping magic; Stamina/persistence; Mental exercises; Months without air; Next 3 - Hacking and counter hacking for months when he should have been dead in a week, surviving on pure willpower; He stole a GL's ring; Next 2 - Caught in a time loop but as soon as he's aware of it he seems to be immune; Next 2 (backward) - Caught by cosmic sirens but he gets loose and says he's now immune; Age reference, he was a full fledged warlord at least 3000 years ago; He's resisted Earth women for his entire time on the planet but something about Cybernary got to him (more of a feat for her lol); Temporarily caught in a magical web; Next 2 - Being turned to stone but then suddenly not being stone with no explanation other than his confidence (he was teleported, not un-transmuted); Next 2 - Stopping a big wave; Age reference, he was a full fledged warlord at least 5000 years ago, I think this one may be an error (not that he wasn't a warrior, but that he wasn't on Earth then); He outlives the universe.

I just think it's hilarious that Majestic assumes that people who attack him must be insane.

Majestic isn't know for his psychic power but it is common among his people and he has displayed it a few times. First is him providing the pure psychic power needed for Zealot to perform psychic surgery on herself to remove her godlike evil powers. The next 3 show Majestic fighting off at least 7 Daemonites trying to take him over psychically. The Daemonites' thing is psychic takeover and these were a more powerful race. I find it interesting that Majestic's psychic form is fully armed. It reminds of Rachel fighting Emma psychically and it makes me think that Majestic is ready for psychic combat. He later mentions that he's had psychic training. The last 2 may be more about the substance the people are in, but Majestic is able to read the memories of the people trapped on this ship.

Just a couple examples of him saying "Enough" and then ending fights or getting serious. The Flash one took two "Enough"s (and the images are backward) but he took down Rampage (who has shown to be stronger than Superman on at least one occasion) in just one.

Majestic does have a softer side. He kills people because it's what's expected as a warrior in a real fight, not because he's a psycho or gets a thrill out of it. Here he is advising Zealot not to slaughter an enemy that they could easily beat and being a father figure to a teammate.

@Buckshot: when will it be up looking forward to it
    #3 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@higher_evolutionary: I'm almost through with gathering all the images (I've actually found some stuff I didn't know while collecting images) then i have to crop them (gotta limit the number of full page scans where possible) and put em up. I've been out of town for the weekend and I'll be very busy this week so I don't know when exactly it will be up. It better be before the 17th though because if not it will be a while because I'll be busy with school again.

EDIT: all images gathered...

@Buckshot:
    have you abandoned the thread

"loads shotgun "
    #5 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

lmao, no. I'm just in school. This is what I meant about it taking a while if I didn't get up by the 17th. I have all the pages I want, but I don't really have the time to sit and crop everything (over 200 pages, most with multiple things on each page) and I have to crop stuff otherwise I'll be breaking our rules of putting in too many full pages. I'm in the exact same place with the Jack Hawksmoor thread. I have the pages but not the cropping time (or energy, it's boring work). I'm lazy, this is why I'm a great disappointment.

@Buckshot said:

lmao, no. I'm just in school. This is what I meant about it taking a while if I didn't get up by the 17th. I have all the pages I want, but I don't really have the time to sit and crop everything (over 200 pages, most with multiple things on each page) and I have to crop stuff otherwise I'll be breaking our rules of putting in too many full pages. I'm in the exact same place with the Jack Hawksmoor thread. I have the pages but not the cropping time (or energy, it's boring work). I'm lazy, this is why I'm a great disappointment.

point taken
    "shoots"
    seriously why dont you upload them in the image section and people participate by doing some cropping,and repost em either in the majestic section or private images and tell you, and then it'll be a team effort. you may write the captions then, no?
    #7 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@higher_evolutionary: Because writing out which panels I want out of every page is about as much work as just doing it myself (also, not that i thought of this before but it's true, if I'm uploading them anywhere on the site for other people to work on, it's breaking the same rule, just not on a forum thread). Don't worry, it'll get done.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    @Buckshot
    wow cool, almost worth the wait, almost
    #10 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@higher_evolutionary: More is up now, I'm still considering the Fights section, don't know if I'll actually do it.

Having some issues with the Intelligence and Misc sections. Most of the images are missing from those until I figure out how to fix them.

Superb.

Pretty sweet! Keep it up

Interesting

BADASS

I have a question about Majestic Universal powers. Bio says:

When he returned to Earth after other adventures he said that he'd gotten over being a Universal. He no longer carried the title, but he didn't lose his powers.

I'm try to search picture were Maj saying it, but I can't find. Maybe someone here can help me?

*waits for The Fallen one to come and try to refute every single thing posted here

Awesome thread you should do a Midnighter one

#18 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@freesby said:

I have a question about Majestic Universal powers. Bio says:

When he returned to Earth after other adventures he said that he'd gotten over being a Universal. He no longer carried the title, but he didn't lose his powers.

I'm try to search picture were Maj saying it, but I can't find. Maybe someone here can help me?

There's no picture where Maj says he didn't lose his powers. There's an image where he says he's moved on from being a Universal, but there's no mention of his powers.

No Caption Provided

So, its only indirectly picture? In bios it's says without some suggestion.

I wanna see majestic in the DCnU, he would be awesome!!

@Buckshot: Great Thread(:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Buckshot: Great Thread(:

Agreed. Bravo.

Got the pencil to diamond scan from the DC crossover?

@Nerx said:

Got the pencil to diamond scan from the DC crossover?

It's under Strength.

No Caption Provided

@Buckshot:

AWESOME THREAD!!!!

@IamV said:

I wanna see majestic in the DCnU, he would be awesome!!

Me too!

Biggest prob with Majestic in DC right now is that most die hard DC fans would see him as a Supes knock which on the surface he does seem like it but they aren't that much alike aside from base powers. Even if he was put in Marvel he wouldn't do well (look at Sentry, Blue Marvel, Hyperion, and even Gladiator on most occasions).......Sad thing is that he's a great character and one of my top 3 favs of all time. I really want to see him as a lead either Marvel or DC.......heck even both. If nothing else having him, Black Adam(or Prime), and Sentry could team together to rape all the universes

Mr. Majestic. Basically Superman not giving a F*ck.

can't believe people are comparing this guy to Superman, Sups is far superior in every way except for pis retardedness superman.

@hermankeson said:

can't believe people are comparing this guy to Superman, Sups is far superior in every way except for pis retardedness superman.

Not in dealing with bad guys, leaving super powered villains in cardboard prisons are not a good way to keep cities safe

@Rumble Man said:

@hermankeson said:

Not in dealing with bad guys, leaving super powered villains in cardboard prisons are not a good way to keep cities safe

Yah that's his main weakness, he is supposed to be super intelligent, but yet he doesn't think at all before he acts, just flies right into kryptonite etc.

@hermankeson: at least metropolis is not a gotham

@Walker696 said:

Biggest prob with Majestic in DC right now is that most die hard DC fans would see him as a Supes knock which on the surface he does seem like it but they aren't that much alike aside from base powers. Even if he was put in Marvel he wouldn't do well (look at Sentry, Blue Marvel, Hyperion, and even Gladiator on most occasions).......Sad thing is that he's a great character and one of my top 3 favs of all time. I really want to see him as a lead either Marvel or DC.......heck even both. If nothing else having him, Black Adam(or Prime), and Sentry could team together to rape all the universes

Majestic and Superman are very simlar in terms of personaility the only difference is that Majestic is willing to kill. They both vaule peace over violence and they are both extremly compassionate but the thing that set them apart is that Majestic is more like a military leader and he more practical. Majestic is not the ruthless killer some people will lead you to belive he does kill but they has to be a legit reason why he going to kill. In the wildstorm universe Majestic is not really liked because other heroes feel that he is to morally bigot they feel that he going to judged them since Majestic is an old school hero in gang war he felt out of place because the super hero culture has changed they were more violent.

@Buckshot: I don't recall Majestic moving Jupiter, I only recall him solidifying it with his heat vision.

#34 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@NerdsFTW: If you look at the strength section you'll see that I included a page from issue 5 of his solo series that says that the gloves were helpful in moving the nine planets. It's the page where there's a ship near a mountain and the actual words are in the last panel of that page. It wasn't shown that he moved jupiter in issue one, but it's stated that he moved all 9 later and there's no reason to doubt that.

@Buckshot: Oh, I see it now.

I'm majestic99, btw.

The Kherubim empire is cool, the fact that there's tension between factions on khera can create for some interesting story arcs for a supes or hell a WildCATS ongoing. I rememberr reading an interview on comicbookmovie about possibility of wildCATS in n52, and Jim Lee said he would like to see it and he would like to be close to the project (him on art duties? yes please). Here's a quote on Lee's thoughts on possibilities on wildCATS ongoing.

"I would love to do it at some point, but I feel that's one I need to be more involved in out of all the books, so that's one I've held back a little bit," said Lee.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=69270#0l12OFC1kOVITkQW.99

@buckshot:

where are these from? where should I start with majestic?

Mr. Majestic was created to be a Superman who "wasn't afraid of using his powers." I guess one who didn't hold back.

@sog7dc said:

@buckshot:

where are these from? where should I start with majestic?

You can start with Team One: WildC.A.T.S. (2 issues), then WildC.A.T.S. v1 issue 10 and then skip to 21 to about 34. 21 - 34 features an amazing story written by Alan Moore. After that, you can pick up his solo series (v1, v2 and v3). He's also appeared in the DCU in a story featured in Adventures of Superman 624 and Superman v2 201. It takes place between Majestic v2 and v3. And you DEFINITELY have to check out Wildstorm Spotlight 1: Majestic (after you've read all the other stuff).

But don't bother with the version appearing in the New 52 title Team 7. That joke is a disgrace to the great Majestic.

Also lemme just say that I LOVE Majestic. He's on of my all time favorite comic book characters and I've lost count of how many times I've reread his epic stories.

How powerful was God Majestic?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.

Loading More Images