It has been 1 year already for the new 52 where is Mr. Majestic ?

#1 Posted by Supreme_Maj (287 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been 1 year already for the new 52, DC where is Mr. Majestic ? And please don't mess him up like you did others WU characters i hope Jim Lee will stand for his best Character(for me he is)

#2 Posted by dondave (36685 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme_Maj:I think they intergrated him into Superman, because during final crisis he was portrayed as the Superman of the Earth 51 universe

#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme_Maj: Standing in line behind Cassandra Cain but ahead of Stephanie Brown...who are we kidding, everyone is ahead of Stephanie Brown.

#4 Posted by Faeye (49 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he can be allowed to appear, he was created as an homage to Superman, you couldn't have two Superman's in the same universe, it would only disappoint fans because he would have to be changed.

#5 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8823 posts) - - Show Bio

It would take some very creative writing to intergrate Majestic in the new 52 without totally f**king it up unfortunately.

Cassandra Cain should come back.

#6 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they show him in the new 52 but kinda tweaked so he's not too much Superman-ish...

#7 Posted by Izaiah (5190 posts) - - Show Bio

Having him be merged with Superman would be a nightmare.
The Kherubim were mentioned in Savage Hawkman #0 though, for what it's worth.

#8 Posted by The_Tree (7302 posts) - - Show Bio

The Kherans have been mentioned in The New 52 a few times, so I think it's just a matter of finding the right time to reintroduce him.

#9 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet you will see him in the not too distant future..

#10 Posted by cameron83 (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

The kherans were just mentioned a while ago....CAN WE PLEASE GET OUR PRIORITIES IN ORDER BEFORE WE SEE THESE INSIGNIFICANT CHARACTERS!

I mean,he is basically another superman,we will probably see him in a cadmus event or later on where stormwatch (or when we see all the wildcats characters) and they may face majestic.I wouldn't like him to fight superman because it would be too predictable (yet fans want it desperately)

#11 Posted by Supreme_Maj (287 posts) - - Show Bio

It's true he has been created as an Homage to Sup but over the past years Majestic has proven that he was his own man with ideology completely different than sup and if we take Shazam him too was a doppelganger of Sup but in the 80es they integrated him into the main stream without so much difficulties. Besides DC has the opportunity to deal with aliens race (Kherubim, Dhran, Deamonites, ) like Marvel are doing with the Kree, Skrull and coe so i juste they will not juste screw things around.

#12 Posted by Supreme_Maj (287 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83:

The kherans were just mentioned a while ago....CAN WE PLEASE GET OUR PRIORITIES IN ORDER BEFORE WE SEE THESE INSIGNIFICANT CHARACTERS!

I mean,he is basically another superman,we will probably see him in a cadmus event or later on where stormwatch (or when we see all the wildcats characters) and they may face majestic.I wouldn't like him to fight superman because it would be too predictable (yet fans want it desperately)

I think @cameron83 you are not used to WU characters if you were really reading their books you could have never said that Majestic is another superman because among most of those superman wannabes who came out i can say him and supreme are the one who have earn the readers respect because of how the writers could change them into their own characters and if you have never read Majestic or Mr. Majestic try to get it and you will get who is this Characters and why we are complaining over his fate.

#13 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

One point.

He's hardly insignificant.

Another point.

YOU DON'T NEED TO SHOUT!

But yeah, I'd like to see Maj soon.

#14 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

As Didio said in a recent interview (about Stephanie Brown specifically) it was never the plan to roll out every character in their stable at the beginning of the New 52.

If there's enough demand for Mr. Miracle, or they have a great creator revving to work on the property, you may see the character sooner rather than later.

#15 Posted by Lvenger (19428 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

The Kherans have been mentioned in The New 52 a few times, so I think it's just a matter of finding the right time to reintroduce him.

This.

#16 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Faeye: Icon too and he already was part of the Dc Universe

#17 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

who knows, i'm still waiting for the real Power Girl to show up

#18 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Project "Majestic" is the primary focus of Team 7, which came out last month; connection? Possibly a massive retcon of Majestic to re-introduce him.

Why hasn't anyone else brought this up yet? Did Team 7 issue #0 sell like, 3 copies or something?

#19 Posted by Supreme_Maj (287 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: we all saw it but with those writers we never know what they are planning under their sleeves but is still a program and not the actual thing maybe an homage but is too early to speculate about it

#20 Edited by Baberaham_Lincoln (927 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Wildcats book for the New 52, with Spartan as Leader on the field (a figurehead merely, the true leader is!!! ->) Majestic (also the brains back in the command center telling Spartan and his fellow team mates what to do, he can be brawns if needed). For the team.... just consists of the classic Wildcats members.

As long as Majestic is in i'm happy tbh, i just hope he's not a weaker superman. I want him on equal footing =D.

#21 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash said:

@cameron83 said:

One point.

He's hardly insignificant.

Another point.

YOU DON'T NEED TO SHOUT!

But yeah, I'd like to see Maj soon.

owned..lol

and i m pretty sure Majestic will come along shortly

#22 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: @Sideslash: @Faeye: @turoksonofstone: @Supreme_Maj: @Baberaham_Lincoln:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/team-7-majestic-and-spartan/719364/

#23 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: team 7 is one of the few new 52 books i m not reading.. will have to start reading it... however i did read their last issue and currently they seem to be dealing with Eclipso.

#24 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme_Maj said:

It has been 1 year already for the new 52, DC where is Mr. Majestic ?

Where is who?

#25 Posted by Mucklefluga (2551 posts) - - Show Bio

Not everyone has appeared yet because the superheroes timeline has been shortened. Wally West still hasn't appeared since Barry Allen is still learning about his powers.

#26 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Mr Majestic will turn out to be a government experiment bec. there are already too many aliens in dc.

#27 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@The_Tree: @Sideslash: @Faeye: @turoksonofstone: @Supreme_Maj: @Baberaham_Lincoln:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/team-7-majestic-and-spartan/719364/

you must give it time DC has a huge pantheon.

#28 Posted by Onemoreposter (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme_Maj said:

@cameron83:

Priorities? Priorities are people like Donna Troy, Wally West, Cassandra Cain, Connor Hawk, and Tempest. As far as even the general comic reading community is concerned, Majestros is insignificant.

That being said I'd love to see him show up, maybe in a teamup with Superman against Helspont.

I have this theory that all the old universes still exist. I think someday eventually we'll find out that the old Wildstorm (or something very similar) still exists and that is where we'll find Mr. Majestic. Same thing for the other characters mentioned above. We'll find out they all still exist on an alternate earth very similar to the pre-flashpoint one.

#29 Posted by Zaleos (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

@Supreme_Maj said:

@cameron83:

Priorities? Priorities are people like Donna Troy, Wally West, Cassandra Cain, Connor Hawk, and Tempest. As far as even the general comic reading community is concerned, Majestros is insignificant.

That being said I'd love to see him show up, maybe in a teamup with Superman against Helspont.

I have this theory that all the old universes still exist. I think someday eventually we'll find out that the old Wildstorm (or something very similar) still exists and that is where we'll find Mr. Majestic. Same thing for the other characters mentioned above. We'll find out they all still exist on an alternate earth very similar to the pre-flashpoint one.

But that defeats the entire purpose of what they were trying to establish here. I mean, first of all it should be noted this choice was backed by the founder/previous owner of the WildStorm universe to integrate them into the DCU and the entire point of Flashpoint was to show that there will be no more division for an even smaller niche (as comics appeal to a small niche to begin with). The last outlier was Hellblazer and they cancelled that as soon as they hit their big anniversary issue (which was likely the plan all along).

#30 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Merged with Supes?

#31 Posted by ThanoStomp (788 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not handle Maj the way Marvel handles its cosmic characters like Nova and SS? Those guys are typically out on their own adventures, mostly separate from Earth, but with occasional interaction.

#32 Posted by EdBlank (492 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my same old rant: it takes a lazy writer to even think to themselves "Oh I know, he'll be just like Superman except he'll be a jerk". We have Superman. We have like 12 of them. Most of the 12 are actually from Krypton or cloned from Supe's DNA. We so do not need ANOTHER Superman. If Majestic has such a cool persona, then make him a non Superman clone with the dynamite personality. He can still be just as witty (or whatever) driving around in a Majestic Mobile as he would be flying around behind Superman.

#33 Posted by Supreme_Maj (287 posts) - - Show Bio

The originality of Mister majestic is the fact that he is different. He is not superman the only thing they have in common is their powers and even that they are slightly some differences like the TK powers and he can project bolts power from his hands. His motives are different He is a warlord, we can say he sees things like general Sam Lane will see it but with thousand years of experience in the field like Cable for example. so just stop to compare him with sup the boyscout because he's a warrior like wonder woman.

#34 Posted by JohnnyGat (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@Supreme_Maj: Standing in line behind Cassandra Cain but ahead of Stephanie Brown...who are we kidding, everyone is ahead of Stephanie Brown.

Behind even Arm Fall Off Boy?

#35 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (927 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme_Maj: I prefer Maj cause of his no nonsense attitude and his big juicy brain. I think Jim Lee created Maj for the purpose of combining DC's trinity, Wonder Woman, Bats and Supes... all in one. Imagine Majestic in wonder woman's outfit though 0.0

#36 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33100 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme_Maj Read Team 7
#37 Posted by TDK_1997 (14724 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll be introduced soon I think.Zealot already appeared in New 52 under Liefeld in the Deathstroke book and I think that he may actually appear soon.

#38 Edited by baron2011 (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

DC should first introduce sodam yat as ION and then majestic

#39 Posted by Supreme_Maj (287 posts) - - Show Bio

Jonny_Anonymous: I know what is going on in Team 7 they mention Majestic as a project but is still unclear if they are actually talking about him but it may be so because is an immortal who have been stranded on earth for thousand of years and always in the dark fighting the good fight and he might still do it and about Zealot I'm not please with what Liefeld has done with the character she's a shadow of herself nobody can direct Zealot around even Majestic know how to behave around her she is a wild card and at DC they forgot that she was suppose to be a wonder woman counter part i just hope that they will not blow it with majestic.

#40 Posted by SOG7dc (7025 posts) - - Show Bio

Jonny_Anonymous: I know what is going on in Team 7 they mention Majestic as a project but is still unclear if they are actually talking about him but it may be so because is an immortal who have been stranded on earth for thousand of years and always in the dark fighting the good fight and he might still do it and about Zealot I'm not please with what Liefeld has done with the character she's a shadow of herself nobody can direct Zealot around even Majestic know how to behave around her she is a wild card and at DC they forgot that she was suppose to be a wonder woman counter part i just hope that they will not blow it with majestic.

I heard that dc completely changed majestic....

#41 Posted by Supreme_Maj (287 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Yes they did for the powers he seems to possess almost the same but i am expecting anything from DC when we are not talking about Superman and Batman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.