Immortal?

#1 Posted by ComicStooge (13810 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Mr Majestic live forever or would he eventually die of old age?

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge: He would age, but he'd still live til the end of the universe (and be physically capable) if Alan Moore's story is any evidence.

#3 Posted by ComicStooge (13810 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot: Thanks for the info, dude.

#4 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge: This is Majestic at the end of time:

Mr. Majestic
#5 Posted by DEGRAAF (7911 posts) - - Show Bio

wow how slow does he age? till the end of time even? Does he become the last survivor of the universe? Now my question is, Superman basically stops aging (according to some writers) from his long exposure to the yellow sun. Does Majestic live as long as Superman?

#6 Posted by ComicStooge (13810 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot: He doesn't look bad for a guy who's countless millenia old.

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

wow how slow does he age? till the end of time even? Does he become the last survivor of the universe? Now my question is, Superman basically stops aging (according to some writers) from his long exposure to the yellow sun. Does Majestic live as long as Superman?

He's actually at the end of the universe in that comic, so unless Superman also lives that long, Maj lives longer. He's one of a handful of survivors (some are powerful beings like him, some are basically abstracts, a couple are just immortal, and one is a virus that lives in one of the immortals) and actually ends up being the very last, ushering in the next universe. It seems that he still ages, going by the the beard, but not in a bad way.

#8 Edited by DEGRAAF (7911 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot: Well Superman eventually becomes Superman Prime One Million. I would think he is immortal considering he can create new life and actually seems give descendants of himself more powers just by willing them to have them as long as they serve to protect against evil

Prime Superman
#9 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

He would age, but he'd still live til the end of the universe (and be physically capable) if Alan Moore's story is any evidence.

#10 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2026 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

@Buckshot: Well Superman eventually becomes Superman Prime One Million. I would think he is immortal considering he can create new life and actually seems give descendants of himself more powers just by willing them to have them as long as they serve to protect against evil

Prime Superman

I think past a certain point you have to just assume these characters are immortal. Honestly though the scope of Majestic's life in the Big Chill one shot is still much larger than Superman, even the Golden Prime version. The most recent Superman Prime has been alive for a few millennia and is part of a thriving universal ecosystem. Majestic has lived for exponentially longer since he's outlived all other live in the universe and the atoms themselves are beginning to decay. He also essentially becomes a part of god and jumpstarts the next big bang.

#11 Posted by DEGRAAF (7911 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterGuyMan: OH WOW THAT IS A LONG TIME

#12 Posted by DEGRAAF (7911 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterGuyMan: @Buckshot:

Do they ever mention what year that is or how long that is just curious bc there could always be an intergalactic war that destroys the universe or something.

I only ask bc Superman lived at least until the 853rd century. Assuming he was born in the 19th century, he would be around 835,000 years old. Also as it stands he would be able to survive as long as there was a yellow sun but with his powers he added during his travels he might now even need the yellow sun to survive ( i don't think that is the case though since after his travels he lived in the yellow sun for thousands of years)Our sun is a yellow star, and its life span is roughly 10 billion years--on the main sequence. Smaller yellow stars would last longer, while larger ones would burn out faster. So he could live just around our sun for 2-3 billion years alone (our sun is about half way through its life cycle and he would have to leave before it becomes a red star) and then easily move on to another yellow sun and so on and so forth until all the yellow stars have gone out and even then he wouldn't die until he has used all his solar energy he absorbed. After doing some research i have found that basically the younger the star the more powerful Superman would become so yea he would live for a long long time (100's of trillions of years).

Im not trying to argue im just trying to compare.

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: The universe didn't end because of war, it was the natural end of the universe, which is far longer than golden superman lived. Majestic also says that the last organic life "vanished billennia ago" [emphasis in the text]. The whole thing is referenced in The Establishment when they time travel to the end of time and find him. One of the characters says it's been a "billion millennia". Regardless of which version of billion is being used (since the characters are British), that number still blows 835,000 out of the water. Also, I don't put much stock in Superman's immortality since he was sustained by a sun. If he lived that long in a cave, sure, but staying alive in his power source? Less impressive in my eyes.

#14 Posted by DEGRAAF (7911 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot: i would agree that is less impressive

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.