Follow

Mr. Majestic

Character » Mr. Majestic appears in 234 issues.

Mr. Majestic is the WildStorm universe's "Superman". He is an alien warrior who has lived on Earth for centuries, often fighting alongside others of his race (as well as humans) against the Daemonites.

Birth of a Superman or: Getting My Hopes Up

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
    No Caption Provided

So..... Is this Majestic? My words likely read as calm and collected, possibly even nonchalant, but that is a mask, a lie. I'm excited beyond imagining at even the possibility that I've seen Majestic fly into current continuity. First, the reason I think it's Majestic. The biggest/clearest indicator are the solicits for future issues of Team 7 and the multiple heavy-handed hints in past issues that Majestic will be arriving. What makes me think this particular character is Majestic are the black hair (not unique, I know) and red and white costume with what looks like a big V shape on the chest. For comparison:

No Caption Provided

The lit up eyes and "Birth of a Superman" title don't hurt either.

To me, all signs point to Majestic, which brings us to the next bit: How I feel about it...after the fanboy excitement fades. Until Stormwatch proved otherwise, I would have said that the fanboy excitement never fades, but I've learned that it does. And Stormwatch is probably what worries me most about Majestic. Stormwatch showed me that a great group of characters, kept mostly true to their concept and set up in context as similar to the original as the new universe could likely allow, can still become a fustercluck. Looking at Majestic, I have no idea how this character relates to the one I liked before, but it doesn't look like he's coming from the same place at all, and if he's starting from a different place, who knows where he'll end up. Will I get something similar to the millennias-old scientist warrior Superman I loved? I can't say "no" but it certainly doesn't look like "yes". Does that mean he'll be bad though? Not really. As with any comic character, most of that is up to how he's used, and that could still be good. The writer of Team 7 is certainly handling characters better than the ongoing Stormwatch teams were, so that gives me hope that Majestic will at least have a solid start in this new universe, whatever he ends up being like. We'll have to wait and see though.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By colonyofcells

Hopefully, Majestic can lead Wildcats and serve as a check on the Justice League.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the old origin though....seems Daemonites are the race Sheppards now. Majestic has no race.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By EdBlank

It's so hilarious that they even call him "a Superman". Why not just make every hero "a Superman" with different colored suits. I guess the suits could get interesting.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By toptom

i am so excited about this. what i don't understand is the last page of team 7 # 5. here we probably see mj that is raising from the ground (causing a massive earthquake) but in the last iussue we understand that he was "trapped" in some kind of ship. so the guy who we have seen before was mj in the past?is he human? is he kheran? ecc..

there are a lot of question, but for now i just want to see him making a short work of all those "spartan drones".

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@colonyofcells said:

Hopefully, Majestic can lead Wildcats and serve as a check on the Justice League.

Oh god I hope not. Not only do we already have that new JLA whose entire purpose is to be a match for the JL, but I don't want to see the remnants of my Wildstorm favorites going up against a team they're pretty much guaranteed to not have a lasting victory against.

@drgnx said:

I liked the old origin though....seems Daemonites are the race Sheppards now. Majestic has no race.

I liked the old one as well and that version of the character will never be replaced in my mind, but I'm interested in what this new Majestic is since we have little to go on at this point. I wouldn't say he has no race though. Zealot exists so it's possible that the two of them may still be Kherubim with their race somewhere out in the cosmos.

@toptom said:

i am so excited about this. what i don't understand is the last page of team 7 # 5. here we probably see mj that is raising from the ground (causing a massive earthquake) but in the last iussue we understand that he was "trapped" in some kind of ship. so the guy who we have seen before was mj in the past?is he human? is he kheran? ecc..

there are a lot of question, but for now i just want to see him making a short work of all those "spartan drones".

I think you're missing something in your reading. Issue 5, or at least its framing device, takes place in the present whereas the majority of the Team 7 book (including issue 6) takes place in the past, 5 years in the past if I'm not mistaken. So what we first saw (issue 5) came a long time after what we just saw (issue 6) so it appears that we'll be seeing Team 7 defeat the newly-introduced Majestic in the past, only to resurface in the present.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Buckshot said:

No Caption Provided

So..... Is this Majestic? My words likely read as calm and collected, possibly even nonchalant, but that is a mask, a lie. I'm excited beyond imagining at even the possibility that I've seen Majestic fly into current continuity. First, the reason I think it's Majestic. The biggest/clearest indicator are the solicits for future issues of Team 7 and the multiple heavy-handed hints in past issues that Majestic will be arriving. What makes me think this particular character is Majestic are the black hair (not unique, I know) and red and white costume with what looks like a big V shape on the chest. For comparison:

No Caption Provided

The lit up eyes and "Birth of a Superman" title don't hurt either.

To me, all signs point to Majestic, which brings us to the next bit: How I feel about it...after the fanboy excitement fades. Until Stormwatch proved otherwise, I would have said that the fanboy excitement never fades, but I've learned that it does. And Stormwatch is probably what worries me most about Majestic. Stormwatch showed me that a great group of characters, kept mostly true to their concept and set up in context as similar to the original as the new universe could likely allow, can still become a fustercluck. Looking at Majestic, I have no idea how this character relates to the one I liked before, but it doesn't look like he's coming from the same place at all, and if he's starting from a different place, who knows where he'll end up. Will I get something similar to the millennias-old scientist warrior Superman I loved? I can't say "no" but it certainly doesn't look like "yes". Does that mean he'll be bad though? Not really. As with any comic character, most of that is up to how he's used, and that could still be good. The writer of Team 7 is certainly handling characters better than the ongoing Stormwatch teams were, so that gives me hope that Majestic will at least have a solid start in this new universe, whatever he ends up being like. We'll have to wait and see though.

What is that pic from?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74: Team 7 issues 6

@Buckshot:

I liked the old one as well and that version of the character will never be replaced in my mind, but I'm interested in what this new Majestic is since we have little to go on at this point. I wouldn't say he has no race though. Zealot exists so it's possible that the two of them may still be Kherubim with their race somewhere out in the cosmos.

I was thinking he was human, but he could be like Clark (from another planet) or the others in the Deathstroke/Lobo arc that Alien DNA (can't remember the details).

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By evilvegeta74

@drgnx said:

@Buckshot:

I was thinking he was human, but he could be like Clark (from another planet) or the others in the Deathstroke/Lobo arc that Alien DNA (can't remember the details).

So Majestic is finally in the new 52. I wonder how long it will be before he gets his own title, and face Helspont? Will he be a part of the Trinity War?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TDK_1997

I was excited after I read the issue because of the final page with him and the fact that we saw Hank Henshaw like a cyborg but not the cyborg we expected.I hope both of them to become good characters in the New 52.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74 said:

@drgnx said:

@Buckshot:

So Majestic is finally in the new 52. I wonder how long it will be before he gets his own title, and face Helspont? Will he be a part of the Trinity War?

No clue...

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By evilvegeta74

@drgnx said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@drgnx said:

@Buckshot:

No clue...

With the upcoming 1 million Dc cancellations coming up, I hope they don't let this character get loss in limbo again, like they have since the new 52 has began. I just find it utterly absurd that a character so powerful could just be non existant all the way up to this point. That's just like doing another Dc reboot and not acknowledging Superman even exist for a year plus after a reboot. This is just my opinion!

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By toptom

@Buckshot said:

@colonyofcells said:

Oh god I hope not. Not only do we already have that new JLA whose entire purpose is to be a match for the JL, but I don't want to see the remnants of my Wildstorm favorites going up against a team they're pretty much guaranteed to not have a lasting victory against.

@drgnx said:

@toptom said:

I think you're missing something in your reading. Issue 5, or at least its framing device, takes place in the present whereas the majority of the Team 7 book (including issue 6) takes place in the past, 5 years in the past if I'm not mistaken. So what we first saw (issue 5) came a long time after what we just saw (issue 6) so it appears that we'll be seeing Team 7 defeat the newly-introduced Majestic in the past, only to resurface in the present.

thanks! i forgot i had to apply the 5 years crap even here.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By jointron33

@evilvegeta74: team 7......the latest issue

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By z3ro180

I'm looking forward to majestic and supermans first encounter

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By colonyofcells

I would like to see Majestic team up with Apollo and beat up Superman.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Ugh, they should have kept Majestic and Apollo in different universes. Too many Superman clones already already. (And please don't get on my back about the Superman clone thing. I understand that they're unique characters.)

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colonyofcells:don't even think about it the way I see think he's not even the Majestic we knew so he might be less powerful and Dc will never allow superman to lose to anyone even if Mr Majestic is more powerful and Skilled than him

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: i hope there is some more back stories from his origins. I am praying for him to still be a Kheran who stranded and was hidden for some reason. If we go to team7 #5 he's different from his parents he has black hairs not like his parent, brother and sister so i just hope this is the case because as i said to some of my posts What make Majestic so special is his Kherubim origins and not the fact that he's another Superman and if DC takes it from him it will be to bad for us fans and i hope is still has savant as his daughter.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
    deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deaditegonzo

Mr. Majestic was created by Jim Lee, who is now one of the boss hogs at DC. 1) I imagine they will do him credit, at the very least in Jim Lee's eyes. 2) On that note, I wouldnt be surprised if Mr. Majestic was capable of taking Supes down. I havent had the opportunity to read much featuring Majestic, but if he is handled well, im looking forward to getting thoroughly introduced in the New 52.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Mr. Majestic was created by Jim Lee, who is now one of the boss hogs at DC. 1) I imagine they will do him credit, at the very least in Jim Lee's eyes. 2) On that note, I wouldnt be surprised if Mr. Majestic was capable of taking Supes down. I havent had the opportunity to read much featuring Majestic, but if he is handled well, im looking forward to getting thoroughly introduced in the New 52.

The track record of other Wildstorm characters at this point is less than amazing. I don't have a ton of hope that Majestic will come off much better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot:

It is sad but expected. What DC really needed to do was merge them into the top teams. The extended JLA teams for instance. Unlike Marvel, DC really does not seem to be very strong when it comes to teams separate from a JL type setting. Even titans is JL jr. Granted Marvel recycles a bunch of characters in their team comics. I think finding a way to put more Wildstorm character on the JL teams could have helped.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@drgnx said:

@buckshot:

It is sad but expected. What DC really needed to do was merge them into the top teams. The extended JLA teams for instance. Unlike Marvel, DC really does not seem to be very strong when it comes to teams separate from a JL type setting. Even titans is JL jr. Granted Marvel recycles a bunch of characters in their team comics. I think finding a way to put more Wildstorm character on the JL teams could have helped.

Eh, I'm not really sure. That might work for some (though none are springing to mind), but most Wildstorm characters don't have personalities/motivations/world views that fit on the JLA. There have been times when less that good guys have been on that team, but how many of those could any team really handle at a time and still be something like the JLA? I think Wildstorm characters, primarily because of the sort of world that Wildstorm was, have a niche or type that is separate from what the JLA does. They're primarily military (whether that be earth government military or alien) in origin a frequently have an espionage style slant to them. (That's not all Wildstorm characters of course.) The government run/related teams in DC (thinking Suicide Squad and the new JLA) could handle the characters better than the main JL in my opinion. Team 7 was a good try at keeping the government/soldier feel that was at the core of Wildstorm, and I feel like that could have gotten even better, but it's done now. New teams could be made as well. Gail Simone's Secret Six could EASILY have been a wildstorm comic with wildstorm characters, but that's her magnificent voice there more than a DC type that could be used. But that's more what I think is the problem. It's not the world or the teams, it's the writer pulling it together and making it work. It's how Fialkov and Jenkins could do more with Stormwatch than the ongoing writers ever did.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot:

Yeah makes sense. I just expected more integration than we have seen. I know they are trying to do what they can while keeping the characters core "essence" in tact while saving things for the future. Admittedly, the team idea seemed good until I got some sleep, even then I had a feeling you might not agree though.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@drgnx said:

@buckshot:

Yeah makes sense. I just expected more integration than we have seen. I know they are trying to do what they can while keeping the characters core "essence" in tact while saving things for the future. Admittedly, the team idea seemed good until I got some sleep, even then I had a feeling you might not agree though.

I think the team thing is good and integration is good - again, I think Team 7 was shaping up to be something and it was mostly DC characters with a few Wildstorm ones coming up, and Stormwatch, under a good writer, made Martian Manhunter on a team with WS characters seem perfect - I just think JL as the model of a team doesn't work for most Wildstorm characters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot:

Yeah, I know what you meant, I'm just unfocused atm ;)

Raktus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Raktus

I suppose you can see the love of the former Majestic over the new Majestic in how little James Bronson's wiki has been edited.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has been put back in the box :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.