Follow

Mr. Immortal

Character » Mr. Immortal appears in 97 issues.

The first and only known member of a species called Homo Supreme, Craig Hollis is the immortal founder of the eccentric superhero team known as the Great Lakes Avengers and was the team leader until the team moved to Detroit.

Mr. Immortal can very well die

Avatar image for radicalcannibal
    RaDicalCannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RaDicalCannibal

He has immortality but the fact is he is still a mutant and his powers come from being a mutant, Mister M, Scarlet witch, Franklin and any other reality manipulator can simply make his powers non existent, and shazam!, he survives all physical damage, but i highly doubt he can survive having his powers blinked away along with himself :/

there ya go ;)

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Slinger

He's only technically a mutant, he's the final evolutionary step, not homo-superior; homo-supreme. I would believe he's sufficiently evolved to the point where he can even withstand magical (or otherwise supernatural) assaults, it's probably how he survived M-day.

Drafta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Drafta

He is destined to be the last living being when all life is dead, no one can change that.  Also, as Stinger said, he is homo-supreme.  He is a step beyond all current beings.

Avatar image for radicalcannibal
    RaDicalCannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RaDicalCannibal

Oh damn i forgot all about this topic and site

He is? i thought beings of Franklin richards stature were supposed to be the REAL final step to evolution, the real comparisons to the celestials what mr. immortal is should not matter to a reality warper as they should be able to defy all that, like what Beyonder did to death

Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Superparody

He cant die because he destined to see the end of the universe no force can change that...exept maby LT, or TOAA
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EmmaGrace

Can he live beyond cosmic beings like Phoenix and Living Tribunal?
    XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By XRiskyX

If he is destined to be the last living being in this universe and the one to whom the final secrets will be revealed... Wasn't Galactus also the last living being in the last universe with the some promise concerning the ultimate secrets? Does that mean Mr. Immortal will be the next Galactus?

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EmmaGrace

No, this character is a joke IMO. He's still human, just with some super powerful genes. If you erase him from existance, he isn't coming back from that.

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By XRiskyX

Does it even need a reality manipulator? I think Leech or Scrambler should suffice if he's really a mutant with an active X-gene.

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EmmaGrace

Huh? was that in response to me...?
    XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By XRiskyX
    @EmmaGrace: Partly yes, partly no. lol Sorry, my mind can become incredibly random and incoherent at times. ;)
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @Risky
    Okay, because that really confused me. Either way, Jean Grey could take him out with Phoenix. Any cosmic entity could, this guy is highly over rated.
    XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By XRiskyX
    @EmmaGrace: They could take him out a million times, no one ever said he'd beat them, just that he can't be killed. He has been obliterated, smashed, even threw himself into a vulcano once (what means total cellular destruction) and came back.

THAT was a response to you. ;)
    thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By thegreatfour
    @EmmaGrace: I think it would be funny for him to be turn to ash, and yet still survive the Phoenix force.
    thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thegreatfour
    @Risky said:
    If he is destined to be the last living being in this universe and the one to whom the final secrets will be revealed... Wasn't Galactus also the last living being in the last universe with the some promise concerning the ultimate secrets? Does that mean Mr. Immortal will be the next Galactus?
    So that's what Galactus has underneath his helmet! That weird blonde dew.
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @Risky
    I'm not talking about killing him. I'm aware he can't be "killed". But, for example, Phoenix has the ability to cut out anything in existance. That wouldn't be dying, he would cease to exist.
    XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By XRiskyX
    @thegreatfour: LMAO I saw a pic of this once but  I doubt I can find it now.

@EmmaGrace: Fighting Destiny which is a higher cosmic entity than the Phoenix is always tricky since she finds a way. Just see him as a personal project of her.
    AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#19  Edited By AssertingValor

Mr. immortal is very much immortal, if it could be taken away i m sure they would have already.........
    Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hyperlight

i @ebuchanan: i dont think anyone has tried to my knowledge but hes a beast regardless. other than him and doorman... everyone else on the GLA is useless and wack

Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Harlekin
    @Hyperlight said:
    i @ebuchanan: i dont think anyone has tried to my knowledge but hes a beast regardless. other than him and doorman... everyone else on the GLA is useless and wack
    The Watcher says otherwise. 
    The Watcher says otherwise. 
    cennobite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cennobite

What would happen if he had a kid with a mutant or something what are the chances that kid would have his abilities. Also could someone like Rogue mimic his abilities. 

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Hit_Monkey

I think there is quite a difference between dying and being blinked out of existence. Sure any decent reality manipulator could remove Mr. Immortal from existence but permanently 'kill' him? I don't think so. Saying that however he seems to be part of the bigger picture what with being preordained to be the last man standing when the universe comes to an end and all. So perhaps even the likes of Franklin Richards, Phoenix's, ect powers could not foot the bill for 'uncreating' him or Leech or Scrambler would run into trouble removing his immorality. It seems larger entity's have quite a stake in Mr. Immortal life and they in all probability have as much to with is inability to die as in as much as his mutant genes do . 

MisterParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By MisterParker

Sorry to revive this thread again, but let me get this straight.. if the place he's in is the last safe one in our galaxy and it becomes uninhabitable, can his new body respawn in a safe place even if it is galaxies away?

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Hazlenaut

@MisterParker:

I am guessing he will slowly drift into space struggling to breath until he reaches a planet to settle. If he goes to the star he will constantly burn alive until the star until it becomes a super nova or black hole. When he goes to a black hole… who knows any writer can easily set up what will happen afterward and I will roll with it.

AmpedSamurai17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed richards can just travel back in time and kill his parents. The end

randell1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

him being homo supreme is irrelevant. that just means compared to base putty humans and base putty mutants he is the next step up. but Omega level mutants are still superior in every way. all he has is immortality and extreme athletic ability.

if he were to go up against anyone with a high level of mojo then he would die. for example if Rogue were to touch him and absorb his life force there is no possible way he would survive if every drop of his life force was absorbed by her.

and destiny isn't anywhere near as powerful as the phoenix force

Eternity, infinity, oblivion, death and the phoenix force are the most powerful abstract entities

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.